End of July Testing Party Thread ~ Join Me!

I only ever buy my HPTs online! Similar situation, small town and tests in security boxes. Not very secretive when TTC in secret :haha:

9DPO today. Nothing to add, except I was grumpy today. Someone annoyed me at work and usually I manage to hide my annoyance quite well. Today I just snapped back. Oops. x

tests are locked away? crazy! here they are just on the shelves, and most stores have self check-outs so no need to talk to anyone!

tests are locked away? crazy! here they are just on the shelves, and most stores have self check-outs so no need to talk to anyone!

No here they are locked in individual boxes, so even though we have self check outs you need someone to open the box to get the test out of it to buy it, same with condoms, dvds, sharp knives, etc. They used to just be on the shelves but I guess they are now considered a steal-able item! That's only in the supermarket though, in chemists they are on shelves and you just buy them, but as I know people working in 2 of the chemists in town (and others in other chemists would probably know who I am because both myself and my husband own businesses in the town) I'm not going into a chemist here.

Ok can I be added to the test list for Wednesday, the 23rd? I fear by doing this it'll ensure AF comes before then but hey, 23 is my lucky number so worth a shot!

Ummm..is a chemist a pharmacy? Like Rite Aid? Or something smaller?

I've only ever heard of a Chemist being in Australia but I never knew what exactly they were.

Ha ha ha, secretive....I usually buy my tests in bulk at Walmart and when the cashier gives me weird looks, I calmly explain that I'm on a pregnancy test run for my sister, who is late for her period but too much of a chicken-shit to come and buy a test...and then I laugh, and everyone behind me in line laughs and the cashier laughs, and I walk out 60$ poorer, but less ashamed that I purchased 60$ worth of pregnancy tests...

Ha ha ha, secretive....I usually buy my tests in bulk at Walmart and when the cashier gives me weird looks, I calmly explain that I'm on a pregnancy test run for my sister, who is late for her period but too much of a chicken-shit to come and buy a test...and then I laugh, and everyone behind me in line laughs and the cashier laughs, and I walk out 60$ poorer, but less ashamed that I purchased 60$ worth of pregnancy tests...

I think we're all guilty of this. I always blame the bff :rofl:

Ummm..is a chemist a pharmacy? Like Rite Aid? Or something smaller?

Sorry sorry, I'm in Europe, chemist is pharmacy :)

I was born in Poland. Hello neighbor :) I should have known lol

Heh. That wouldn't have helped you know what a chemist means. I used to live in a very Polish neighborhood in Brooklyn. There it is the apteka!

Yes it is! Very good! Do you speak it at all?

Yes it is! Very good! Do you speak it at all?

Nope. I am a quarter Polish by blood but my mom didn't speak it and I have never been there. I just picked up a few random shop words from living in that neighborhood.
How old were you when you moved?
Are you in NY? (I am and I thought Rite Aid was a NY chain but I could be wrong)

Interesting what the Polish of it is, obviously comes from the original Latin root of the word apothecary. I'm fascinated by words and the history of the and how they spread from langauge to language :)

We moved to NJ when I was 5 and lived about 15 mins outside of NYC. Then we moved again right before hs. After I graduated we moved yet again to PA.
So there's my life story lol

I love languages as well. I took French in hs and taught myself some Spanish when we went on our HM to Riviera Maya. They come easy to me for some reason. ..I thank my parents for that. :)

I'm feeling so down today. I hate it. I have thought things over, and based on the numbers in hubby's sperm the IUI doesn't seem like it's improving our chances. I know I shouldn't be focused on that right now, but I already planted the thought. I figure I'll wait and see what the result is and talk to my nurse to see what she thinks. But in the meantime, I just feel so defeated. I'm having an "it will never happen for me" sort of day. Sorry to be a downer, just needed to vent.

Wbee don't be down, you'll get there. A good friend of mine had a few difficulties ttc and was also on clomid. it took over 2 years but the month she did get pregnant was the one month she thought forget it, all the pressure and stress dropped away and bingo BFP. So try not to put so much pressure on yourself and you never know.

Massive FX for you, it will be worth the wait xx

wbee - don't be sorry. It is understandable to feel that way after trying so long. I hope you have success soon or can get the answers you need soon to better work towards that success!

I have been trying to conceive number 3 for 8 years... let's see if this is my lucky one.

Did all of it right - DTD - at the right time.
Crossing fingers.

Good thing is that on the day I had egg white CM my hubby was in town - so we DTD - even though my calendar says I ovulated--but I had DTD before that too and after it ...

Anxious I guess.
Yesterday I took a late lunch and ended up falling asleep from 2 to 6!! Woke up drenched in sweat - from top to bottom as well!
I have noticed frequent urination since yesterday
A bit nausea today but just a whiff.

Fingers crossed I am testing on the 27th

Baby dust to all!

How long is your cycle. For me it is very confusing. I have had O pain this cycle - July4, 2014 start date usually 22-25 day cycle and well... all OPKs (Rite Aid brand negative ) so I went off Cervical Mucus and feeling frisky. My app says I was fertile July 8-14-- this is my first round of clomid .. and for my possible short luteal phase I got some organic progesterone cream from whole foods.

I DTD July 8, July 16 and today July 18. AF is supposed to be here according to the app on the 27th.

Good luck to you - we will be testing the same day!

Cheer up wbee. We all have those difficult days. Heck I stopped at baby's r us today to pick up stuff for a friend and nearly cried when I saw the couple with the registry gun.
We're here for you wbee! :hugs: chin up girl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->