End of July Testing Party Thread ~ Join Me!

My OH said I wasn't allowed to watch it as I would get a wide range of emotions while watching it then always ended up in tears :(.

I'm not a crier at things like OBEM, if I cried watching it my husband would die of shock! Might do it some time just to creep him out :)

I usually am not at these sort of things lol.
My OH thinks I am weird the fact I can't wait to do labour all over again! I enjoyed my labour with my son :D

Just yesterday a friend was saying the thing she dreads about having kids is labour, it's the one thing I don't worry about in the whole thing. It has to be done, no point getting worked up about it, plenty of time to worry how much it hurts when it's happening and not a moment before! :)

exactly! You don't know how you will be until your in that situation. During my labour with Kian I thought moaning etc. wouldn't get me very far and just put all my focus on getting him out lol.

Great way to show off a big thigh tattoo :D

I was just saying to himself that one thing that bugs me is when they repeat sentences, repetition bothers me anyway (I'm weird) but if I was in pain, doing my best and somebody kept saying "Keep going keep going keep going" it would just drive me mental. He is warned that if that's ever us to say it once and not again :)

I love tattoos, I have 6 but nothing as amazing as that haha

Make sure you write it in a birth plan lol. No I don't think anyone said that to me lol.

I can't stomach any type of medical show.
Those ladies who enjoyed/did not mind your labours - did you take pain meds/epidurals? I am not preg yet but I am pretty scared of the unknown.

I enjoyed my labour with gas and air, then briefly didn't enjoy it at all until dh signed to say I'd have an epidural (I wasn't of sound mind lol) then I enjoyed it to the end. Epidural = enjoyable birth

I had gas and air (saw a pink elephant haha), I had pethidine but I feel asleep with it then tried the epidural which only numbed one side so didn't bother using it. Next time I want to try and do it with just gas and air

Pregnancy and parenting (besides the normal anxieties) don't scare me. Birth is a whole different beast, and part of my anxieties on that are that my husband was 11 lbs 9 oz at birth. don't know if you can tell in my profile pic, but I'm 5'3" and 135 lbs (I realize I can stand to lose 10 lbs). I was really sick with morning sickness (throwing up multiple times a day, every day, having a hard time holding down fluids), but still managed med free, so that doesn't scare me. I've had acute pancreatitis, and only had tylenol, zofran, and phenegran. I really think it depends on your life experiences for how you handle pain and vomiting, but labor is is going to be 100x worse so GIVE ME DRUGS lol I've never seen a birth in person. Sure, I've seen the videos, but I can detach myself from that. I've seen my aunts labor, but the times I've seen them labor it was with an epidural and they acted like it's no big deal. One of my aunts has problems when she gets to pushing, she tends to tear with her almost 10 lbs babies :( I have the very unrealistic view that I just won't worry about it until I'm there and then I can't back out :p Also epidural, give me the epidural lol I'm really interested in asking dr about the "walking" epidural, does anyone know anything about that? I figure no point in asking dr if that's an option until I actually get half way through a pregnancy.

I am interested in finding out more about that (walking epidural) down the road too Nica.
I was there for one of my bff's births but it was her second and literally the easiest birth in the world. She did have horrible BH for weeks leading up to it but once finally at the hospital she got laid down - screamed like once that she wanted pain meds they said um...honey it is too late - push! She pushed ONCE and the baby practically flew out. The doctor didn't even make it in time and a resident caught the baby. I know her first was nothing like that though but I didn't witness it.

I enjoyed my labour with gas and air, then briefly didn't enjoy it at all until dh signed to say I'd have an epidural (I wasn't of sound mind lol) then I enjoyed it to the end. Epidural = enjoyable birth
I rarely work in the OB unit but when I do I hear this. ALL. THE. TIME!!

Crap! Now I want to cry. My GI told me to avoid artificial sweeteners like aspartame and sucrolose so I switched to stevia. Well I just read the following words in a book I am reading about alternative medicine "stevia leaf can reduce fertility". My heart sank. Crap crap crap!

I am interested in finding out more about that (walking epidural) down the road too Nica.
I was there for one of my bff's births but it was her second and literally the easiest birth in the world. She did have horrible BH for weeks leading up to it but once finally at the hospital she got laid down - screamed like once that she wanted pain meds they said um...honey it is too late - push! She pushed ONCE and the baby practically flew out. The doctor didn't even make it in time and a resident caught the baby. I know her first was nothing like that though but I didn't witness it.

I have a feeling I won't be so lucky..women in my family tend to have long labors and we have babies on the bigger side. Once I get another bfp, we'll be going indepth about my pre e risk and this potentially monstrous baby that could be coming out of my vagina lol I wanted to use the doctor I used as my GYN as a teen, but I got switched to another dr in the practice for MC (I had to wait a long time to see dr because of insurance bull), she was nice, but we have a lot to talk about when I get a bfp to catch her up to speed. I didn't see the point in talking about it when she was treating me for MC.

Edit: By monstrous, I mean size wise, not you know like I think my baby will be horrible...I realized how horrible that made me sound lol We tease DH and tell him he never was a newborn, he came out the size of a 3-6 month old.

Crap! Now I want to cry. My GI told me to avoid artificial sweeteners like aspartame and sucrolose so I switched to stevia. Well I just read the following words in a book I am reading about alternative medicine "stevia leaf can reduce fertility". My heart sank. Crap crap crap!

O no! Is there anything else you can switch to?

Well I feel a bit better after googling. The doses used in the studies were very high compared to what you would find in a diet soda or cake. Still - to be safe will try to stick with honey or real sugar from now on.

I have a feeling I won't be so lucky..women in my family tend to have long labors and we have babies on the bigger side. Once I get another bfp, we'll be going indepth about my pre e risk and this potentially monstrous baby that could be coming out of my vagina lol I wanted to use the doctor I used as my GYN as a teen, but I got switched to another dr in the practice for MC (I had to wait a long time to see dr because of insurance bull), she was nice, but we have a lot to talk about when I get a bfp to catch her up to speed. I didn't see the point in talking about it when she was treating me for MC.

O my. I was induced and my daughter was 7 lb 13 and it wasn't that bad. My friend had a 10lb on gas and air only, short labour. I wouldn't fancy a 12lber though and I'm not a petite frame like you!

Well I feel a bit better after googling. The doses used in the studies were very high compared to what you would find in a diet soda or cake. Still - to be safe will try to stick with honey or real sugar from now on.

Phew!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"