• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

End of July Testing Party Thread ~ Join Me!

OMG I am aching everywhere but that shift took my mind off the tww... It had started to take over my life! Only 11 days if I can wait that long!

I'd like to join please. Will be testing on 24th and hoping I can't drink at a friends wedding on 26th! Not hopeful this month though

Why are you not hopeful? It only takes one little sperm :)

Because I noticed watery cm Friday so purchased cheapy opk which seemed positive Sunday morning (first opk test used) but was negative by sun afternoon. Really not sure when o occurred and we only bd'd Friday and Sunday...

Good luck everyone!

OPKs will usually look positive if you use them in the AM, it's the same concept as with hCG, it's strongest in the FMU because it accumulates while you sleep.

If it was barely positive Sunday, that could very well be because you were catching the tail end of the LH spike....which could mean that you ovulated Friday, Saturday or SUNDAY :)

I'd say you've got a pretty good shot!

Actually that's not true. You are supposed to test with opks around 3 pm, ideally. Your lh surge will start in the wee hours of the morning, but take time to build up to be excreted in your urine.

I'd like to join please. Will be testing on 24th and hoping I can't drink at a friends wedding on 26th! Not hopeful this month though

Why are you not hopeful? It only takes one little sperm :)

Because I noticed watery cm Friday so purchased cheapy opk which seemed positive Sunday morning (first opk test used) but was negative by sun afternoon. Really not sure when o occurred and we only bd'd Friday and Sunday...

Good luck everyone!

OPKs will usually look positive if you use them in the AM, it's the same concept as with hCG, it's strongest in the FMU because it accumulates while you sleep.

If it was barely positive Sunday, that could very well be because you were catching the tail end of the LH spike....which could mean that you ovulated Friday, Saturday or SUNDAY :)

I'd say you've got a pretty good shot!

Actually that's not true. You are supposed to test with opks around 3 pm, ideally. Your lh surge will start in the wee hours of the morning, but take time to build up to be excreted in your urine.

This is true...I tested this theory out one month and got a negative with FMU and positive around 4pm!

Xx

Well I guess I can never use OPKs really then. This is going to be so tough. I have been using FMU because I have urge incontinence and can't do a two hour hold in the afternoon. I am also never home then and don't work in an office so it isn't really possible in any way for me to do OPKs in the afternoon.
Feeling screwed :(

Wait I just reread the directions on both the FRs I have been using and for CBAD and they both say to use FMU...so now I am just confused.

I usually use opk's in the morning, after work around 4 and then I'll try again before bed around 9 (I'm old, lol)

Mint- don't feel bad. The first response opk's NEVER worked for me no.matter when I used it. And you do know that once you get a positive it won't work again right? You have to buy a whole new kit and for 30$...no thank you haha. I used used a cheapie and a CB that we're both post when the FF was neg.

Oh I forgot. You don't have to hold for opks. Just go! :)

Oh thanks!
Still feeling bummed that I may have missed the window. I know FR preg tests are generally good so I thought their OPKs would be too. Didn't know they sucked :(

I don't want to say they sucked, they just sucked for me lol. I read TONS of their reviews on Amazon and saw noone really liked them but I purchased it anyway (I was desperate for anything).

I used clear blue this cycle and had a total negative in am then a solid smile at noon, so even though it might say to use fmu (cheapies don't request that), it's not really accurate at that time. The reason the clear blue ones work better is because they test for a certain level of estrogen as well and use both hormones to determine the best time.

Joining a little late, positive OPK on July 8th, before first af after MC. Didn't try try, but didn't prevent either. Counting the 9th as O day, so I'm counting today as 7 dpo. Should be testing 26th or 27th if no af, but I'll probably test the 23rd :) This group of ladies seem fantastic!

Joining a little late, positive OPK on July 8th, before first af after MC. Didn't try try, but didn't prevent either. Counting the 9th as O day, so I'm counting today as 7 dpo. Should be testing 26th or 27th if no af, but I'll probably test the 23rd :) This group of ladies seem fantastic!

Hi Nica!:wave:

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. The girls here have been very nice. Wishing you a sticky bean!

Fx'd for you!!

I'm super active on forums right now since my job is seasonal and I'm off right now, so if anyone wants to friend me and chat, feel free :)

Hi Nica! Love your doggie!
Sorry for your loss and good luck going forward!
Did you get married straight out of high school?

Ill be testing on the 27th of July. I thought I Ovulated on Sundau/Monday but I'm still being today just in case its still coming. Either way I'll be testing on the 27th :)

Good luck to everyone xx

Hi Nica! Love your doggie!
Sorry for your loss and good luck going forward!
Did you get married straight out of high school?

Yes, I did get married right out of high school...I definitely wouldn't recommend it to any 18 year old lol It's been difficult, but worth it. We realize we're the exception, not the rule :)

That's great for you two though!
I had a failed marriage at 20 and didn't go for it again 'til 30.
Not planning on having to have a third try! :)

That's great for you two though!
I had a failed marriage at 20 and didn't go for it again 'til 30.
Not planning on having to have a third try! :)

Lol Good for you! It was definitely hard, but we're different people now and have grown together (we have friends that have been together as long as we have, and with kid, they're the same people they were in high school, yikes!) 3 years in, we're ready to share our lives with a little one :)

Add on a headache. Plus side is that I found the smell that was aggravating my nausea...then found a new one.

Mintastic - what time do you get home from work? Can you use your OPKs then? As sometimes im not able to use mine until I get home at 7 or 8pm. This cycle I tested at 8pm the day I got my fixed smiley on my CBAD. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->