• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

End of July Testing Party Thread ~ Join Me!

I'll be testing the 25th. We did our 2nd IUI this cycle with 50 mg clomid. Have had some minor cramping today and some pretty extreme nausea at the sight/smell of pancakes.. but I'm blaming the progesterone as I'm only 6 dpo.

Trying hard not to symptom spot this month.. it's so darn hard though!

Ok, this is where I need to be :happydance:

First TWW ever, can't believe I've only made it 3 days so far, feels like it's been at least a week! My period should be due somewhere between 5-9 days from now, it hops around a bit but always only by a day or two, for example in May it started on the 24th, July it started on the 22nd. So in the unlikely scenario that it doesn't show up or I don't start to get usual symptoms a few days before I'll probably have to wait extra days just to be sure it's not just taking it's sweet time like it sometimes likes to do. Sucks!

How the hell am I going to wait that long! I would love if I felt nauseous or something really early, because bad morning sickness runs in my family it seems and nausea is something I NEVER get nauseous at any stage during my cycle so it would be a telling sign. But I'm not holding out too much hope as this is our first month ever trying.

Congrats! Hope you get your bfp!! Though we may all resent you a bit if it's one and one lol :blush:

End of the month is definitely a busy time from the looks of it!

Congrats! Hope you get your bfp!! Though we may all resent you a bit if it's one and one lol :blush:

It so won't be but it's entertaining me for now to think what if! Unfortunately for us 3 of our close friends/family have had surprise pregnancies in the last year, one while on the pill and two who missed a couple of days of the pill waiting for new prescription. So they've made it look positively easy, we've almost gotten used to it being that simple, so must retrain ourselves that it's not.

Ugh...it is looking more and more like I may not be testing until early August. CD21 and no O yet if these OPKs are accurate.
Keep me down for the 31st for now but it may not happen.

Congrats! Hope you get your bfp!! Though we may all resent you a bit if it's one and done lol :blush:

It so won't be but it's entertaining me for now to think what if! Unfortunately for us 3 of our close friends/family have had surprise pregnancies in the last year, one while on the pill and two who missed a couple of days of the pill waiting for new prescription. So they've made it look positively easy, we've almost gotten used to it being that simple, so must retrain ourselves that it's not.

I'm sorry if I sounded rude. Things never come out right here and I hope you weren't offended by that. I was purely joking :)

I have to laugh though, my husband grew up thinking that his PE teachers were right "unprotected sex = instant baby" lol. If only it were that easy, right? Imagine his surprise where now a year later we still haven't concieved.
I don't know how all those fertile myrtles do it. Either there is ALWAYS an eggie on tap or they just so happened to be in that *TINY* window of time.... i dont get it:shrug:

Ugh...it is looking more and more like I may not be testing until early August. CD21 and no O yet if these OPKs are accurate.

Mint are you using cheapies or CBs? I realized my cheapies were always off and had to switch.

AF due 24th July soni'll be testing then. Please can you add me to your list! I have a big social event at work that night so need to know if I can drink or not! :haha:

I have been TTC #1 for just over 11 months -on my 12 cycle. This month I tried acupuncture & I ovulated 4 days earlier than normal according to FF!

Fingers crossed the acupuncture has paid off!

GL to everyone waiting to test! FX we all get our BFP's! Xx

Mint are you using cheapies or CBs? I realized my cheapies were always off and had to switch.

Not cheapies but not CB either. Expensive FR ones.

Not cheapies but not CB either. Expensive FR ones.

Ooooo. The FRER ones NEVER showed positive for me....Ever. I had the best luck with the Walmart brand blue ones [as compared to CB]

Just my 2cents :) Hopefully you have better luck with them than I did.

Welcome Wbee and Bing! Hope you get your BFPs this cycle :wave:

Ok, this is where I need to be :happydance:

First TWW ever, can't believe I've only made it 3 days so far, feels like it's been at least a week! My period should be due somewhere between 5-9 days from now, it hops around a bit but always only by a day or two, for example in May it started on the 24th, July it started on the 22nd. So in the unlikely scenario that it doesn't show up or I don't start to get usual symptoms a few days before I'll probably have to wait extra days just to be sure it's not just taking it's sweet time like it sometimes likes to do. Sucks!

How the hell am I going to wait that long! I would love if I felt nauseous or something really early, because bad morning sickness runs in my family it seems and nausea is something I NEVER get nauseous at any stage during my cycle so it would be a telling sign. But I'm not holding out too much hope as this is our first month ever trying.

Did you mean June it started on the 22nd? I'm assuming that's what you meant :flower:

Did you have a date in mind that you will take a test? I can add you to the list, and we can all harass you when it comes down to testing day :happydance::thumbup:

I'll be testing the 25th. We did our 2nd IUI this cycle with 50 mg clomid. Have had some minor cramping today and some pretty extreme nausea at the sight/smell of pancakes.. but I'm blaming the progesterone as I'm only 6 dpo.

Trying hard not to symptom spot this month.. it's so darn hard though!

Ugh. Progesterone symptoms SUUUUUUUUUCK. I can never tell what's real and what's medication related.

you mean June it started on the 22nd? I'm assuming that's what you meant :flower:

Did you have a date in mind that you will take a test? I can add you to the list, and we can all harass you when it comes down to testing day :happydance::thumbup:

Indeed I did mean June, haven't quite mastered seeing into the future yet :dohh:

I don't have a date in mind to test yet, as usually on the very day I think "huh am I late??" that's when it comes, I'm never good with exact dates of it! I'm conscious that the app I have says 5 days but I don't think that's correct, but now obviously 5 days time is what's in my head, so I'm already set up for disappointment on that day, not sure I want to pick another day to mull over disappointment!

I'd like to join please. Will be testing on 24th and hoping I can't drink at a friends wedding on 26th! Not hopeful this month though

I'm sorry if I sounded rude. Things never come out right here and I hope you weren't offended by that. I was purely joking :)

I have to laugh though, my husband grew up thinking that his PE teachers were right "unprotected sex = instant baby" lol. If only it were that easy, right? Imagine his surprise where now a year later we still haven't concieved.
I don't know how all those fertile myrtles do it. Either there is ALWAYS an eggie on tap or they just so happened to be in that *TINY* window of time.... i dont get it:shrug:

It's ok, I figured you were joking but I know ttc is obviously a sensitive topic for many people and people doing it their first month is pretty ridiculous. Actually another friend of mine got married the month before us (September), started trying straight away and is due in a few weeks, crazy! Fertile Myrtles is EXACTLY what I call all these people, my husband's family are ridiculously fertile, his mother was pregnant 8 times in 13 years...two were even after she had her tubes tied and he had a vasectomy....

I'd like to join please. Will be testing on 24th and hoping I can't drink at a friends wedding on 26th! Not hopeful this month though

Why are you not hopeful? It only takes one little sperm :)

Ooooo. The FRER ones NEVER showed positive for me....Ever. I had the best luck with the Walmart brand blue ones [as compared to CB]

Just my 2cents :) Hopefully you have better luck with them than I did.

Oh no! I was starting to get afraid of something like that. :(
I hope I haven't lost my chance this cycle. We only BDd once just for fun.
We don't have any Walmarts in NYC. Anyone recommend any other mid-price brand?

Because I noticed watery cm Friday so purchased cheapy opk which seemed positive Sunday morning (first opk test used) but was negative by sun afternoon. Really not sure when o occurred and we only bd'd Friday and Sunday...

Good luck everyone!

Because I noticed watery cm Friday so purchased cheapy opk which seemed positive Sunday morning (first opk test used) but was negative by sun afternoon. Really not sure when o occurred and we only bd'd Friday and Sunday...

Good luck everyone!

OPKs will usually look positive if you use them in the AM, it's the same concept as with hCG, it's strongest in the FMU because it accumulates while you sleep.

If it was barely positive Sunday, that could very well be because you were catching the tail end of the LH spike....which could mean that you ovulated Friday, Saturday or SUNDAY :)

I'd say you've got a pretty good shot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"