End of pregnancy depression

Justinel101

Reaction score
I'm almost 40 weeks pregnant, due Sunday, not dialated or anything. My doctor won't induce me til the 14 of November. 2 weeks from now. I'm so uncomfortable and everything hurts, I get 3 hours of sleep a night and I'm so big I feel like I can't do anything. I've had minor depression the whole pregnancy but now it's hitting me I have to worry about his movements for another 2 weeks and feel like this for another 2 weeks and the past few days I've just layed in bed and cried all day. How much more depressed and stressed out could I possibly get...

Have you mentioned the depression getting worse to your MW or Doc? It might be a good idea just to mention it. Have you also discussed your concerns about going so long before induction? Some areas have different opinions on how long they can allow you to go over due etc. Hopefully your LO decides to come naturally of their own free will soon!

You never know, you could go into labour tomorrow, it tonight, or as you read this! It can come out of nowhere and progress quickly :)

I was the exact same way about 2 days after my due date, I laid in bed and cried because I thought I was gonna have another 2 weeks of it. It was horrible, I was in pain, I was soo tired and I could barely walk cos I was soo massive. 2 days later I went into labour :thumbup: 2 weeks is the worst case, it could happen any time now! Hopefully he wont keep you waiting much longer :flower:

Thank you everyone! If it keeps getting worse I think I will mention it to her at my appointment next week. It's just so hard to be patient when it's so close but it still feels way to far away.

Oh sweets, I know it can be so hard. I always had to remind myself that I committed myself up to 42 weeks. Think of how fast time has flown, it's only a few more days. Your LO will be here before you know it. :hugs:

I get how your feeling. I'm a very impatient person. Try to stay positive though, once your LO is in your arms you will look back on the time you were overdue and it suddenly wont seem so long. :) After all, you have made it this far already..

I know how you feel.. infact I can remember posting a very similar thread here when I was overdue! I was so achy and uncomfortable and it felt like he'd never come. I had a date for induction but he made an appearance naturally at 9 days overdue. It goes really fast, your LO will be here before you know it! Just try and use the time to chill out on the computer, have nice long baths etc. xx

I'm in the same position...however, I'm doing the castor oil method next weekend at 38+3...why? Because my PTSD is soooooooooooooo bad. I can't do it anymore and she refuses to induce me because I'm a high risk c section and am anemic, and c section risk goes up quite a bit with induction...

I hope it gets better for you! I've been doing all the herb stuff. Cuming tea, bouncing on a ball, walking, gosh darn it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->