• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Endometriosis

The only way to know for sure you have endo is to have a lap. RMC stands for recurrent miscarriage. I went to the RMC clinic and was told I have unexplained miscarriages, I did some reading and there is a strong possibility the m/cs were linked to my endo, but there's a lot of discussion over this. There's so much they still have to find out about endo! My endo is really agressive, I had a lap in Nov 08 then went on Zoladex, whilst on it I grew more endo, which they discovered when I had another lap in June 09. At that point I was told to TTC while I still could! I've had endo problems since 2001 but been really debilitated since Sept 08. Fortunately being pregnant is helping with some of the pain, although having ovaries tethered to my pelvis is hurting soooo much as bump grows!
Aspirin is thought to work either by improving blood flow to uterus or blocking prostaglandins (which is what I think is more likely, endo deposits can send out prostaglandins which tell the body to shed the lining baby and all) But I'm not a doctor so don't know anything for certain.

The consultant I went to was adamant that my miscarriages were nothing to do with endo. I was diagnosed with adenomyosis earlier in the year (which I am sure you know is the same as endo but in the uterus) and was not aware that I had endo until I saw the consultant. I have a lot of cramping around my rectum and although he didn't see it by doing a laparoscapy he is pretty sure that I have it extensively around my rectrum and uterus. He said that for most women endo comes back within a year of an operation. How much asprin do you take? Did you take it when trying to conceive for the whole month or did you stop at all after ovulation?

I was told only to take it once I got a BFP. I don't know if that's what made the difference, or if baby just implanted in a better position this time (I have endo on the front of my uterus and behind it too, as well as ovaries, pelvis, bladder etc). It's so hard to know what's right/what's going on with your body with this condition. Fingers crossed the next pregnancy works out for you so you can complete your family!

For me the hardest thing is that endo symptoms are very similar to pregnancy symtpoms. The nausea is just like morning sickness. I have been tricked so many times. I just want to get my period over and done with and get going. I have read awful stories on the internet of women with endo never conceiving so it is fantastic to read your story.

You have my sympathies! I've had morning sickness for years, it's so annoying. Acupuncture helped me somewhat whilst I could afford it, also chinese herbs (although I know you said you didn't want to do herbs). Endometriosis in the UK.org has a section in their forum for ttc/pregnancy, there're a few positive stories on there! TTC thread has been a wee bit quiet of late though. Worth a look though. https://www.endometriosis.org.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=27&sid=94a0f71b97148d51c8ad6397cbd06bfa

Thanks so much for the details you sent, really great to read some positive stories. Just out of interest which chinese herbs did you find good? I would love to do acupuncture but I just do not have the spare money at the moment so I do meditation instead as it is free! My husband is doing it as well and he is so much better so hopefully that will help us.

I saw an acupuncturist and herbalist so she mixed a herbal prescription for me so I don't know what was in it. Meditation sounds useful though!

I am having such horrible period cramping, I so want this period over! I keep meaning to ask, was breast soreness an endo symptom for you? After my second miscarriage I started having incredibly sore breasts after ovulation. I am not sure if it is linked with endometriosis. I am going to do more jogging this month to see if that will reduce the pain and tenderness. I am also taking starflower oil tablets.

I've always had premenstrual breast pain but I don't know if it's endo related. I know that my hormones are rather out of whack, really high progesterone for example, and I can't tolerate the Pill. I wish they would do more research into it!

Hi all, I spotted your journal today while looking around for fellow endo ladies. I had a lap d &c, cystectamy, and something else I don't remember the term though where they removed all scarring. This was 12/16/10. I have stage 3 endo and they also found an ovary attached to my pelvic wall. It was a follicle that had burst and bled out of the ovary, attaching itself. The RE said he cleaned it all up and the ovary should ideally go back to its spot.
@fifi, did your dr not correct the ovary attachment? Just curious since we are hoping for a bfp and would not want to feel that pain too!
O has been different too. This is my first O since the lap and I had some strange feelings in the lower abdomen the day after my pos. opk for about 24 hrs. Anyone else have similar things?

Hi Labmommy, I never feel anything around ovulation time in the abdomen. In fact my endo symptoms (fatigue, nausea, dull ache in the abdomen) tend to start a few days after ovulation, although I have it a bit more under control at the moment. Maybe Fifi can help you with that question. You are now in your two week wait! How exciting! Let us know any symtpoms you have. In fact Fifi, i know it was a little while back but can you remember your symtpoms in the tww? I would be interested to hear if you had sore breasts when you got pregnant this time. When I get sore breasts I take it as a sign that I am not pregnant as I assume it is my usual PMS symtoms before my period. How is the pregnancy going? How is the endo pain?

Hi all, I spotted your journal today while looking around for fellow endo ladies. I had a lap d &c, cystectamy, and something else I don't remember the term though where they removed all scarring. This was 12/16/10. I have stage 3 endo and they also found an ovary attached to my pelvic wall. It was a follicle that had burst and bled out of the ovary, attaching itself. The RE said he cleaned it all up and the ovary should ideally go back to its spot.
@fifi, did your dr not correct the ovary attachment? Just curious since we are hoping for a bfp and would not want to feel that pain too!
O has been different too. This is my first O since the lap and I had some strange feelings in the lower abdomen the day after my pos. opk for about 24 hrs. Anyone else have similar things?

The consultant I have seen recently thinks they've stuck down again. I get cysts quite often and have given up getting them checked out, oops, as I was fed up of having u/s scans and not being pregnant! The consultant who did my laps told me there was nothing more he could do for me after my second lap and I should try to get pregnant. That was in July 09.

Because you have had your lap recently and will hopefully get pregnant quickly I would hope you wouldn't get that pain! (I was on Zoladex when I had my second lap so it took a while before we could ttc afterwards, and when my cycle came I think my hormones took a few months to get back to normal.) Some women with endo find their pain really improves with pregnancy, certainly my pain is better than it was other than stupid ovary pain!

I could always tell I was ov'ing with mittelschmerz and increase of pain afterwards. Was the feeling like a popping effect? Like you could tell when the egg came out the follicle?

Hi Labmommy, I never feel anything around ovulation time in the abdomen. In fact my endo symptoms (fatigue, nausea, dull ache in the abdomen) tend to start a few days after ovulation, although I have it a bit more under control at the moment. Maybe Fifi can help you with that question. You are now in your two week wait! How exciting! Let us know any symtpoms you have. In fact Fifi, i know it was a little while back but can you remember your symtpoms in the tww? I would be interested to hear if you had sore breasts when you got pregnant this time. When I get sore breasts I take it as a sign that I am not pregnant as I assume it is my usual PMS symtoms before my period. How is the pregnancy going? How is the endo pain?

TWW symptoms: from 6dpo sore boobs, backache, skin breakout, nausea, bloating, constipation, cramps kicked in around 7dpo, dizziness 8dpo, frequent urination 10dpo, +ve hpt 11dpo.
I charted my BBT with fertility friend, here's my chart
The sore breasts by 9dpo were a lot worse than my normal premenstrual pain!
Now 15+4, absolutely amazed, all my m/cs were around 5wks, so starting to think this one might actually work out! MS is easing off now, still exhausted though, but I had flu after Christmas and my immune system seems to be taking it's time to kick it out! Starting to feel some flutters when I am lying down, but not sure if it's wishful thinking. Really dry, chapped lips is another symptom for me!

Sorry for the massive post!

Really interesting to read your tww symptoms. Were they any different to your usual endo symtpoms? How bad was the cramping and how long did it last for? Did you think you were pregnant?

The cramps continued well into the first trimester! Along with pulling pains. I had a suspicion that I might be, and tried to hold off testing but my symptoms were so strong that I sort of knew. Didn't have a HPT the first time I tested so used an OPK and it was soooo strong!! It is possible that I may have ov'd earlier so was actually further on as I've been put forward a week at the scan I had last week. I tried not to test too early after the early losses but I couldn't help myself!

Thanks for the info ladies!
It is exciting to be in the 2ww. I'm taking progesterone suppositories during the whole wait though. I've been feeling some twinges today. Not sure what dpo I am though? Positive was Saturday night?? I will start temping next month if this doesn't work. Still have sore but not as sore boobs. TMI alert- my nipples are constantly hard, sensitive hard when I shower. :( Weird discharge due to the prometrium. Also, constantly drowsy due to it. lol I love symptom spotting hehe

I can't believe your ovary attached back! That is awful. :hugs:

I'd say you were probably 5/6dpo, it's hard to say exactly as you get a positive opk before you actually ov. Definitely recommend temping, but hopefully you won't need to!!!
Never been on progesterone for ttc so don't know how that affects tww symptoms!
Nimblejim the cramps felt like AF was about to appear tbh but the other symptoms suggested otherwise.

Yeah, I'm thinking 5 dpo today just to be safe. (and so if I break down and test early, it's still a day late possibly lol)
Yeah, the doc wants me to do prometrium into the first trimester if I get pregnant. It is to prevent miscarriage due to things endo patients have happen sometimes. Unfortunately it adds to my out of pocket costs monthly if I do not conceive this time around. It is oop, though hopefully if I do get my positive the insurance will see it as preventative medication for the pregnancy not a fertility drug.

Are you having any more symptoms labmommy? When I am in the tww I tend to analyse every bit of mucus/twinge etc!! I cannot wait for my period to finish so I can get going again. We are going to try the egg meets sperm plan. Not sure if you have heard of it but it is where you have sex every other day from day 8 and then once the lh surge comes 3 days in a row. Not sure if we will be able to do it all exactly as that is a lot of sex!

How are you feeling Fifi? Are you still in pain or is that getting better?

good days and bad days, it'll be worth it though so staying positive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->