Enfamil or Good Start??

momtoparker

Reaction score
Which formula is better? I am going to be supplementing between breast and formula starting in January and would like to know which one is best in of course your opinions. Thanks.

I had Carter on enfamil ready made for 3 weeks he was fine than i switched to the enfamil powder and he was all dhiarea so i switched him to goodstart and it stopped and he has been on it for a month now with no problems. I also researched it and the way its broken down its actually easier to digest because of the type of protein as well. I tried gentlease enfamil even and that didnt work so i would say goodstart its awesome

I used goodstart with my 1st son and have started my 2nd with it. With my 1st it was especially great becasue he had reflux and it was about the only thing that worked. That is why I decided to start my 2nd child on this formula straight away.

The only thing with my 2nd baby is this: Goodstart is designed for "fussy" babies so the Whey protein is broken down and it is super easy to digest. It seems to run through my son really fast. He is hungry every 2 hours and he is eating up to 3oz every feeding. I have talked to my Pedo about it and they have suggested switching to a "heavier" formula so maybe it will stick with him better.

I think it is a great formula and would recommend it to anybody!!

Which formula is better? I am going to be supplementing between breast and formula starting in January and would like to know which one is best in of course your opinions. Thanks.

I just noticed our babies were born on the same day. :thumbup:

we used goodstart for a little while and it didnt agree very well he had lots of diarreah and spit up quite a bit more on goodstart and seemed quite fussy...Ive not used enfamil so not sure about it but my friend uses it and has a very content and happy baby she is never fussy (lucky her)...similac seems to be what worked for both my boys :)

I use Similac and love that most. LO seems to take to it best but Enfamil is good with my son too! It just made hom spit up more.

Also, we tried the Target brand Up & Up which is supposed to be the same but it made LO vomit ALL OVER so that is a no go for us.

I used Similac with Landon who was full time formula, but then with Casen when he weaned from the breast at 11mo he refused it so I tried good start, a little better but still woudlnt' really take it so I tried Enfamil and he took it just fine, I also noticed it looked better. Like the similac was a brownish white, not white white, but the enfamil looked more like milk and it was finer powder easier to mix up...we only used powder...I preferred the Enfamil over anything else

I dont know about Goodstart being for fussy babys i have never heard that maybe fussy digestive systems cause Carter is never fussy unless there is an actual problem aka diaper or food he eats 5 oz every 3 hours my little fatty haha but every baby is different.

I dont know about Goodstart being for fussy babys i have never heard that maybe fussy digestive systems cause Carter is never fussy unless there is an actual problem aka diaper or food he eats 5 oz every 3 hours my little fatty haha but every baby is different.

That is just what my doctor told me.
:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->