Ergo vs Moby?

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
We were given both an Ergo carrier with infant insert and a Moby wrap, do I really need both?

DH and I really like the Ergo, he already tried it out with a friends baby:haha: but I'm uncertain of the Moby, the wrap just seems intimidating and not very handing for getting in and out of the car. Are they worth hanging onto if we already got an Ergo?

Both. :) moby is great for infant stage up until around 4-5 months. Ergo is better for an older baby in my opinion. I have both. Only had the moby for a while. Didn't get an ergo until Thorrin was 9 months old and it was perfect then.

Ergo's don't really work well with a newborn. I know they have the infant insert, but I still think moby is better for that stage. I belong to a FB babywearers group, and most of the moms will use a wrap as opposed to a carrier during the newborn stage. I think it's best to have both.

I personally preferred the Moby wrap. Definitely for the early stages like the other posters have said. There are so many handy ways to wrap baby for nursing and so many others. My son was very cuddly as a newborn but to ensure I could give him all of my attention while keeping up with housework and the like, I found it incredible. I only wish I had it sooner! I know I will get lots of great use out of it this time around so I can cuddle baby and play hands free with my son.

I have an Ergo and a boba which is like a Moby. I prefer the Ergo for things like running errands and taking walks and the wrap for things like eating out and around the house.

I have both & used both with ds1 .. I prefer the ergo (didn't have it from newborn) but from about 6 months until 6 months ago when I couldn't carry ds anymore being pregnant with no2. The moby I found once baby reached 5/6 months I had to keep adjusting because it was a stretchy material but loved it from new born as it left me hands free & kept baby snug .. I'm going to keep my ergo & get a woven wrap for this baby x

Mrs Dragonfly, I'm glad you started this thread! DH and I were just talking about our carriers the other night and trying to decide what we'll use.

I also have both, and had originally planned to buy the infant insert to use the Ergo from the newborn stage, but am now reconsidering it. I think I'll stick with the Moby for the first several months, and then incorporate the Ergo once baby is bigger. From reading what others have posted, it seems like that will work.

If I were you, I'd hold onto both - also, you never know, sometimes what you love using isn't what your OH will want to wear - I can see my DH preferring the Ergo and using it for walks and other outings, but for me around the house, the Moby seems more functional.

I am lucky like you because I have some choices too :) I have an ergo (w/newborn insert), a baby bjorn, and a Moby. I just plan to keep them all on hand and pull them out as I see fit :)

After reading responses I think I will hang onto both to see how they work out for us once LO is here. I lean more toward the ergo because we do a lot of family outings and there's no doubt in my mind that family is going to want to pass LO around lol. But the moby does sound nice for LO when we're home.

I love the moby for the infant stage, especially if you're breastfeeding. Super convenient to latch them on while in the wrap! And as for passing the baby around, not sure where you live or what the climate is like, but I'm using our wrap as an excuse not to get the baby out and avoid getting her sick! If I ever had DS in the car seat in the grocery store, hundreds of old women would poke their heads in and breathe on him.

We also have an ergo and I love it! But I love it now that DS is a toddler. I can even wear him while pregnant!! I used our moby until he was about 12 months or too wiggly for a hip hold. If you're worried about the how heavy the material on the moby is, I'd suggest looking at solly baby wraps. They're much lighter/more breathable but have the same strength and concept.

Moby, or any stretchy, is far better suited to a newborn. Try youtube for handy how to videos and join a FB group on slings :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->