Essex BnB'ers!!!!

Hi Im Jenny... 35... baby boy number 3!!!!
Boys are 10 today and 21 months!!
Also have 22 yr old step son and 9 week old grandson!!

Live in Romford and under Queens as classed as high risk

x

Wow - I missed a fair bit over the last few days!
Hello to all the new ladies, I will try and keep up with names, promise.
Went back to school yesterday after the Easter hols and got to tell my class - they all cheered and are now vying to have my baby named after them.
Apart from one small boy who thinks Rex is a better name choice!
Not one of them has entertained the fact I might be having a girl.
So where is everyone up to in their preparations? We have bought absolutely nothing so far except a couple of cute baby-gros!
xxx

Lol awh that's lovely :)

Haha I kind of think Rex is a cool name too :blush: If it wasn't a dogs name i'd like it anyway haha!

As for preparations...All we have so far is a little dragon teddy good luck charm that I bought at chinese new year.. I must have been about 8 weeks pregnant, a newborn t-shirt from our holiday that says "I love tenerife" lol, and on Sunday I bought this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Baby-Aspen-Monkey-Snuggle-Sack/dp/B005FSR3MK because one of the many nicknames we call my bump is Monkey lol!

Proper shopping will probably start this Friday and Saturday because I have time off work :)

Hi fellow Eessex chums!
I am Sarah from Little Thurrock I am in very early stages (about 7 weeks I think) My designated Hospital is going to be Basildon, abit worried about that I must say.
I am only experiencing Cramps, breathlessness and feeling ravenous all the time. Not had nausea or extream fatigue.....yet!! Waiting for it though! xx

Hey Bigboobs lol! What a name :haha:

Everybody i've spoken to about me self-referring myself to Broomfield has told me that they honestly had no problems giving birth at Basildon and they have nothing to complain about. Apparently the male midwife there is wonderful so you should seek him out if you're not too fussed about having female staff only. The only reason I cannot go to Basildon is
because I am a private carer for a girl who's birth went horrifically wrong at Basildon and the staff lied to her and pretended everything was fine:nope:. HOWEVER this was in 1992 so 20 years ago!!! It's more to do with the fact that we all avoid Basildon at all costs to make a point that her family can never forgive Bas Hosp for what they did. The first thing my girlie's mum said to me when I told her I was pregnant was "go to Broomfield" lol!
Basildon's maternity unit actually have better ratings then Broomfield on a website that I looked at the other day, so don't worry :)

P.S. Info censored as it could be a little upsetting to us slightly hormonal ladies but it's honestly nothing too bad and it happened a very long time ago!

Hi I'm Leanne and I'm from Basildon. Only been here 18 months, we moved from Romford.
I am 23 weeks with my third little boy which I am delighted about!:happydance::happydance:
My local hospital is Basildon but I am having a home water birth.:thumbup: I am a doula and volunteer pregnancy pal and birth buddy for vulnerable mums-to-be.:flower:

Thanks CLAIREnAARON SO much for your reply! I think most hospitals have mixed reviews don't they, it is all personal experiences. I am nervous all round really as I have never been to hospital for anything regarding myself (touch wood!) its all so new to me!

RE my name Bigboobs, I am most certainly living up to it, I think some Bras are going to be the first things I will have to buy. Being as I was a 34FF pre preg, they are getting pretty large and sore and my bras are hurting already on my stomach!!

Leanne how do you get into being a Doula or a Pregnancy Pal? That sounds amazing!

And on a final note, I am rubbish with the 'quoting' and the signature at the bottom with my dates and a picture! I need a picture!

Hope you are all doing well though xx

PS I have GP appointment tonight and I am walking around, getting myself too and from work with a wee sample in my bag today as they wanted a morning wee! I feel gross!

Thanks CLAIREnAARON SO much for your reply! I think most hospitals have mixed reviews don't they, it is all personal experiences. I am nervous all round really as I have never been to hospital for anything regarding myself (touch wood!) its all so new to me!

RE my name Bigboobs, I am most certainly living up to it, I think some Bras are going to be the first things I will have to buy. Being as I was a 34FF pre preg, they are getting pretty large and sore and my bras are hurting already on my stomach!!

Leanne how do you get into being a Doula or a Pregnancy Pal? That sounds amazing!

And on a final note, I am rubbish with the 'quoting' and the signature at the bottom with my dates and a picture! I need a picture!

Hope you are all doing well though xx

PS I have GP appointment tonight and I am walking around, getting myself too and from work with a wee sample in my bag today as they wanted a morning wee! I feel gross!

:holly: Ouchie!!! Luckily i've only gone from a B to a C! They still get sore though :-/

If you go into user CP down the side of the page it will say "edit signiture"

Timelines like mine can be found on external sites- the website they come from is usually advertised on the corner of the timeline e.g. mine is Lilypie but most people use thebump.com.

Photos can be uploaded using websites like photobucket and then you copy the link!

I'm not much help sorry lol but I hope I helped a little bit

I'm Devon, 20, 24+2 with my first LG.

I live in Thundersley which is inbetween benfleet and rayleigh xx

Wow, there's quite a few of you in the Bas region! I've never been there, but one of my colleagues was recently admitted to hospital there for a very severe virus and said her treatment was appallling - but her husband had a hip op there on a different ward and his care was wonderful! It's so hit and miss I think you have to do what feels right for you.
Anyway, we're lined up to attend a Mothercare baby event next Thursday and hoping to decide on pram/travel system then as the MIL is buying!
What pushchairs have you got/are getting?
xxx

I had to do a course to become a mentored Doula, then I am "assessed" by my mentor through my first 4 or more births.:thumbup: The volunteering I do is for an organisation called Parents 1st. I have had extensive training for this so far and have been able to support 2 mums during their pregnancies so far. At the end of my training I will have a City and Guilds qualification equivalent to an NVQ 3. It's extremely rewarding and I enjoy helping mums who, for whatever reasons in their life, are in need of extra help.:hugs:

Right onto prams then!! :happydance: I was at Lakeside today and it's a bloody minefield! I liked the Oyster, Quinny and Silver Cross Surf. But I think I might go with the Graco Symbio B as it was my fave.:thumbup:

Hello ladies,
I'm 12 weeks today, so happy birthday to my bump and I have my first scan on Friday afternoon at Southend hospital. Really excited and very nervous at the same time as this is my first and it took us two years to get here!

Other than feeling really tired, I've been feeling fine, had a few weeks of nausea but it wasn't really bad. I just seem to be craving junk food!!!

I'm also going to a mothercare evening next week, we are going to the one at lakeside next Thursday. Had a look at a few prams and really like silver cross surf, but want to see the mamas and papas solar and iCandy peach. We haven't bought anything yet, but am going to nip out and buy something on Friday afternoon.

Ahhh after our scan on Friday we are going to see or grandparents (as they are the only family members who don't know) to tell them they are going to be great grandparents!!! Very excited

Xxx

Hi I'm Sue and I live in Heybridge (near Maldon) I'm 27 weeks and will be giving birth to baby number 2 in Broomfield. Looking forward to brand new facilities as had DD at St Johns in May 2010 (not long before it closed). I too have not had the best experience with one of the sonographers up there, but the majority of them are lovely.

I had to do a course to become a mentored Doula, then I am "assessed" by my mentor through my first 4 or more births.:thumbup: The volunteering I do is for an organisation called Parents 1st. I have had extensive training for this so far and have been able to support 2 mums during their pregnancies so far. At the end of my training I will have a City and Guilds qualification equivalent to an NVQ 3. It's extremely rewarding and I enjoy helping mums who, for whatever reasons in their life, are in need of extra help.:hugs:

That sounds really amazing. Definately something I would be interested in doing. I work in London i an office, Its been making me upset and Ill the past few months so after baby, I think I may take a carreer change.

Right onto prams then!! :happydance: I was at Lakeside today and it's a bloody minefield! I liked the Oyster, Quinny and Silver Cross Surf. But I think I might go with the Graco Symbio B as it was my fave.:thumbup:

My Parents are buying my Push Chair, a 3 in 1 contraption off ebay VERY reasonably priced too, about £350 and it comes in 34 colours!!

I went to see my GP last night for my first 'I'M PG' appointment and she wants to send me for an early scan because she cvouldnt work out my dates! Hurrah!! :happydance:

Yes 3 weeks to go, having the baby at pah, had my tour last week :) I'm team yellow and I can't wait to find out the sex when it's born :)

Yes tickers wrong but couldn't be bothered to change lol

How's everyone feeling, Ive been suffering with terrible spd, doc said to phone mw to get crutches she told me to come down to possibly be induced yikes lol no thanks is rather suffer the pain soooo not ready for baby yet, furniture being delivered Tomo.

Rachel - I'm originally from Waltham abbey, was at the cross with my nan last week, worked in slades from 13 till 18 lol I loved that shop
Xx

Hi everyone who intro'd themselves! :hi:

Wow, there's quite a few of you in the Bas region! I've never been there, but one of my colleagues was recently admitted to hospital there for a very severe virus and said her treatment was appallling - but her husband had a hip op there on a different ward and his care was wonderful! It's so hit and miss I think you have to do what feels right for you.
Anyway, we're lined up to attend a Mothercare baby event next Thursday and hoping to decide on pram/travel system then as the MIL is buying!
xxx

Where is this event!!!! I'm off work next Thursday and OH is very very fussy about prams!

Hi everyone who intro'd themselves! :hi:

xxx

Where is this event!!!! I'm off work next Thursday and OH is very very fussy about prams!

It's actually at Mothercare in the evening, think it's a 6:30 start. You have to go in/ring up and get a ticket though, they're limiting it to 50 couples.
xxx

Yes 3 weeks to go, having the baby at pah, had my tour last week :) I'm team yellow and I can't wait to find out the sex when it's born :)

Yes tickers wrong but couldn't be bothered to change lol

How's everyone feeling, Ive been suffering with terrible spd, doc said to phone mw to get crutches she told me to come down to possibly be induced yikes lol no thanks is rather suffer the pain soooo not ready for baby yet, furniture being delivered Tomo.

Rachel - I'm originally from Waltham abbey, was at the cross with my nan last week, worked in slades from 13 till 18 lol I loved that shop
Xx

Think your the only other person on here who's lived in Waltham abbey! Ohhh did you go for a shopping spree? I'm also having my baby pah.... How was your tour? Did you ring them up to book? I forgot to ask my midwife about it today! :dohh: Xx

Woo Hoo! We got our pram today. Went with the Graco Symbio B as I just loved it.:happydance:

Hey I'm Michelle from Southend 27 weeks preg wiv my second little girl

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->