Essex BnB'ers!!!!

hiii! I'm from South Woodham Ferrers! This is baby 3 - have two little boys already :)

hiii! I'm from South Woodham Ferrers! This is baby 3 - have two little boys already :)

You're very similar to my Auntie! She's a few weeks ahead of you with baby number 3; her second child is 6 months and her eldest turned 2 the other day. From what I remember the birth weights were very similar too but she has a girl and a boy instead of 2 boys :)

Shame she's not on BnB otherwise I would have introduced you lol:(

how freaky! Is she worried about how she's going to cope with 3 under 3?

Hello to the new ladies! I am still trying to keep up with you all and your names, so forgive me if I make some mistakes.
Claire - I think it is all Mothercares doing this evening thing, which one is your nearest?
My bump has popped out properly now. Have abandoned difficult pram decision and now agonising over what to do with the nursery - husband being useless and uninterested!
Grrrrr.

how freaky! Is she worried about how she's going to cope with 3 under 3?
If she is then she hasn't shown any signs of it! I think it was the plan. That way her work keep having to pay her maternity leave but she actually hasn't been back since she was 8 months preg with her 1st! When her 2nd was born, her husbands cousin came to live with them from Italy to be a nanny....slave labour lol! I hated the woman but she does seem quite handy and i'm sure she'll come back again this time lol.

Hello to the new ladies! I am still trying to keep up with you all and your names, so forgive me if I make some mistakes.
Claire - I think it is all Mothercares doing this evening thing, which one is your nearest?
My bump has popped out properly now. Have abandoned difficult pram decision and now agonising over what to do with the nursery - husband being useless and uninterested!
Grrrrr.

Basildon is my nearest. I'll have to look into that :)

Prams are difficult lol though Aaron has actually FINALLY seen one he likes. It's a brand i've never heard of called Jané and it's from Tesco. It doesn't come with carseat and obviously I know nothing of the make so i'll have to look into it! As for the nursery, we know what we're doing but we need to clear the room and find space for all the things in it before we do anything lol! Currently it's a study so has large desk, 2 computers, 3 sets of drawers, 1 large bookshelf, our lizard's tank, our snake's tank, our praying mantis' tank and our tarantula's tank LOL! I have no idea where we're going to put everything!!!!! :dohh:

Oooh, what are you doing with your nursery?! I've looked at about 20 different ideas today, picked one, then done a complete U-turn and am back to square one!
xxx

Oooh, what are you doing with your nursery?! I've looked at about 20 different ideas today, picked one, then done a complete U-turn and am back to square one!
xxx

Jungle theme for obvious reasons :thumbup:

Lol ikwym I really wanted a nursery rhyme themed nursery, had the whole thing planned in my head, but everyone else thought it would be a shame not to do jungle lol! In the end I agreed with them and changed the theme to jungle lol!

See I liked the jungle idea, but thought it was possibly tooooo boyish and then would want to change it if we had a girl.
Am now thinking something like Olive & Henri from Babies r Us, or even just getting totally neutral and plain bedding etc and then ordering wall stickers a bit later once baby is here - there are so many lovely ones to choose from it would be easier when we know if we've got a little guy or a girl!
xxx

I think we'd be doing jungle even if we were team pink but i'd probably make it a little more girly lol! I agree the stickers are gorgeous and recently me and my mum were looking at the murals you can buy and stick on the wall- they're pretty amazing too!

I'm not sure i'd be this excited about having a themed nursery if it wasn't for my mum being an artist! I can't not take advantage of that lol!:happydance:

Hi girls
How are we today?? I've got a stinking cold and am officially a snot monster and can't take anything for it. Aarrrrrgggghhhhhh
I'm at home today so I'll be googling lots of baby stuff!!! :)
Also, have any of you bought any nice maternity clothes? I have a wedding to go to in a few weeks and can't find anything to wear xxxx

Hi Charliekeys,

I remember you from October 2010 babies! Are you back in SWF??

If I remember you had just moved from there.

Karenx

Yep you remember right :haha: We moved from SWF to Watford and have now moved back! :) Where abouts are you from? :)

p.s. You have a very good memory!!!!

Hi girls
How are we today?? I've got a stinking cold and am officially a snot monster and can't take anything for it. Aarrrrrgggghhhhhh
I'm at home today so I'll be googling lots of baby stuff!!! :)
Also, have any of you bought any nice maternity clothes? I have a wedding to go to in a few weeks and can't find anything to wear xxxx

Buckles TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR FREE PERSCRIPTIONS lol! I also have a stinking cold/cough and i'm banned from work (possibly without pay!) until it is completely out of my system. I went to the doctor and explained that I know it's just a viral thing going round but I really need to get better so I can earn money lol! She gave me amoxicillin :thumbup:. If your not too keen on getting perscribed drugs (you might be too early on anyway) then my ex science teacher told me that although people worry about taking paracetamol- it's actually fine because the molecules can't break down small enough to pass into the placenta. You can also take piriton allergy syrup to ease the sniffles! But as I said....we get free treatment so make the most of it lol!

On another note- I think we've found our pram :cloud9:

Went to Westfields yesterday and we popped into Mummas and Papa's. The guy who works upstairs is excellent and told us the pro's and con's of all the prams we were interested in. He asked us what sort of thing we were looking for and he recommended the Sola 2 in 1. We would have never considered it before because it has solid wheels but he explained how the suspension worked to Aaron and he seemed impressed and I had a push around and loved it!

How crazy is this though... i'm selling my car. It's been off road for 6 months now because I never got round to taking my test lol! I used to work 40hrs a week plus unpaid overtime and we've only just moved in with my parents so before that we paid rent/food ect; I never had the time or money to learn to drive! I'm selling my car for a measly £550 to a friend of a friend...my pram (with all accessories) is going to cost more then my car!!!:dohh:

Always the way! And then when you come to selling the pram you'll not get a lot for it either! :(

Lol crazy crazy money!

We could save money by not buying the moses basket attachment but the moses basket is safe to sleep in and that could come in handy lol! I need to do my research...

Well we have our crib sorted now and have just bought the Moses basket for downstairs.:happydance: I love shopping for our little man.
My inlaws also offered to buy the cotbed that we want too so we are ordering this one on Monday.:happydance:
https://www.toysrus.co.uk/browse/babies/olive-henri-nursery-deal-for-gbp259-99

Links broken hun but I can see that it was meant to be Olive Henri and Olive Henri is cute!!!

Gosh I really need to start figuring out cots/cribs/moses baskets ect lol!

Yesterday my dad technically brought me a breast pump lmao!:haha: Me and OH went with him to tescos and Avant breast pumps are half price so I threw it in the trolley lol! He wouldn't accept any money for it so....thanks dad :blush: lol

Links broken hun but I can see that it was meant to be Olive Henri and Olive Henri is cute!!!

Gosh I really need to start figuring out cots/cribs/moses baskets ect lol!

Yesterday my dad technically brought me a breast pump lmao!:haha: Me and OH went with him to tescos and Avant breast pumps are half price so I threw it in the trolley lol! He wouldn't accept any money for it so....thanks dad :blush: lol

This just made me laugh out loud!
I've tried to catch up on everything but failed miserably. Have been for a blood test to check for parvovirus (slapped cheek) as we've had quite an outbreak at school! Will hopefully show I've already had it and therefore don't have to worry about getting poorly.
Have also managed to order our pushchair, carrycot and car seat and have saved around £100 using the Price Match at Mothercare so feeling rather pleased.
We are hoping to paint the nursery at the weekend - anyone else have any nice plans?
xxx

I'm off to a christening this weekend...not sure what to wear lol! Only dress suitable was the one I wore to my birthday and this is the first time my family has seen me since then so I will feel silly wearing the same thing lol!

Hellooooo ladies! I'm Tara and I'm 6 weeks pregnant (also have a 14 year old!) I live near Witham. Has anyone had any experience of St Michael's birthing centre and the midwives there? Got my booking in appointment there the week after next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->