Essex BnB'ers!!!!

Bumping because i'm introducing Hennerrz to this thread! She's moving to Colchester from Plymouth in Aug and I thought she might be able to find some locals on this thread :)

How is everyone anyway? I've been decorating the nursery today! So far everything is just green lol! Walls are green, ceilings green, floor is green but that's because of accidental paint spillage lol!

Hey ladies :) thought id say hi, im 22 and 21+3, im nt officially an essex girl just yet tho.
Im currently in plymouth (born n bred) but il be moving to Colchester in late august.

I know it in its basics, i know my way around town n town to the train station but not much more than that so im a bit apprehensive :wacko:

Hope your all doin well

Hiii :) Colchester is easy once you get to know where things are :) You'll be fine! Why are you moving all the way from Plymouth if you don't mind me asking?

heya, yea ive got to know colchester reasonably well the last few times ive gone up there since january bt once i move up there i wont have my bf to show me round all the time lol.
basically... well.. heres our story lol

me and my bf have known each other approx 7 years now, after roughly a year or so we got into a long distance relationship, hes born n bred colly and im born n bred plymouthian. we stayed together a year n half b4 breaking up cos the distance was too hard and both of us were suffering with depression, stress etc.. plus we were both kinda immature still... he was 18 and i was 16 when we met.
weve stayed really close friends ever since, confiding in each other the highs and lows of our relationships, family dramas including life and death situations where i was the only person he ever felt he cud truly talk to.

well basically last september we started talking daily rather than every few weeks.. and he told me that he still loved me and that i was the only girl he could ever see himself having a life with... all very disney-esque lol
in 3 days i was on a train to go and stay with him for a bit, one thing led to another and we made a deal tht we would only be together if he moved to plymouth in the next few months as i was at college.

then in january... i fell pregnant... i say fell... after a possible pregnancy "scare" we both said how disappointed we were that it was a false alarm.. so we allowed it to hppen and boom first time i saw him after comin off the pill it did and here we are.

after months of nagging his work, visiting all the stores in the company he works for in and around plymouth, and after i decided to leave colege... i decided that it would be easier, less stressfull and wiser in a moneytary sense that i move to colchester. Thing is, once i get there the only people i will know are his family, who love me, naturally lol so thats not a negative.. but im leaving behind the few really close friends i have and all my family... so its a tad scary :shrug:

but there we go lol some people have called it a fairytale relationship... i cdall it a whirlwind lol but im so glad its happening :) xx

if you managed to read through all of that i tip my hat to you :p

:serenade:

Awhhh lol! Fairytale whirlwind indeed lol!

I'd be shocked if I got pregnant first time lol! Saying that...my pregnancy was unplanned lol!

I got pregnant with Stephen the first time off the pill too.... then got pregnant with Henry the first time we had sex post partum lol. This baby was the second cycle off the pill but we decided that we didn't wanna ntnp anymore but it was too late :haha:

aww no that is def a fairytale romance :) Meant to be together! And now you're having a beautiful little girl!!

Lol well i'm only 21 and was already under the care of Basildon Hospitals fertility doctors so we could plan ahead for the future- that basically explains my levels of fertility lol! Didn't expect the "future" to be so soon! I had been off the pill for two years though!

haha i really was suprised it happened first time... after reading up on the chances of getting pregnant... its actually like a 10-15% chance ul get pregnant even if uve planned everything... like the egg only survives for 24hours so ive youve miss calculated ur ovulation date or anything and u miss that window even by an hour.. thats it for another month.. IF your regular lol

so i was kinda like.. well... we shall see what happens but dont get ur hopes up.. itll probably be months before anything.. OH no.. yup im pregnant! i reckon my ovaries were just ready to pounce at any moment!! :rofl:

Hello. I'm from Dagenham, Essex. I have three boys (5 year old and 22 month old twins) and I'm pregnant with a girl. Anyone else here from Dagenham?

Hello all, and welcome to the new ladies!
So sorry I have been AWOL for some weeks now - had a hectic few weeks at work and have been run ragged so not had much time for anything else.
Anyway, not much to update on. Everything was well at the last midwife appointment and we've since decorated the nursery (also green). The furniture is due to arrive tomorrow so we are very excited!
Here's the nursery:
https://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa476/KimBiggs/2012-05-08200411.jpg

A few baby bits waiting for a wardrobe:
https://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa476/KimBiggs/2012-05-27173450.jpg

Me and my bump @ 26+1:
https://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa476/KimBiggs/2012-05-25174836.jpg

Hope you are all well.
Any exciting developments?!
xxx

OH MY GOD your room looks EXACTLY the same as ours! Houses must be built by same company (Wilcon Homes by any chance?!)

Windows the same, radiators the same, even the view is the same! I'll take a picture tomorow when it's sunny because we have no light in there atm!

https://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac240/aaronandclaire/IMG_01131.jpg

Ok not a good pic, this was with flash on too!

Looks quite different with paint but our window and radiator and skirting used to be white too! The view out of your window looks similar to mine too but you can't see that in my pic lol!

That's uncanny Claire! Don't know who built ours to be honest but they must be the same company!
Love your avatar pic - you're looking great. How have you been?
xxx

Hi everyone hope you don't mind me posting but my name is Ashlie I am 18 from Romford and 26 weeks pregnant with my little girl Laila :)

Hope everyone is doing well x

Awh thank you, i'm not pulling the best of faces in that pic because it was sunny lol! I've been great thanks! Finding it hard to adjust to being so big but feeling very well :) Works had some financial troubles and my hours have dwindled to nearly nothing so not entitled to SMP :( so with a bit of luck I'll be going on MA which may mean that I go on leave in 2 weeks :O!!!

Spoke to the girl I look afters mum today and she said that when I come back to work I should bring baby with me lol! :thumbup: Interesting idea :shrug: I'll definitely try it I think because I get to go farms, kiddy shows, sensory rooms, play places ect when I'm with her and that's not a bad life for a littlun lol! So not so bad after all...just wonder if it will work!

How are you doing? Hows the furniture looking? Loving your bump pic by the way!!!

Hi everyone hope you don't mind me posting but my name is Ashlie I am 18 from Romford and 26 weeks pregnant with my little girl Laila :)

Course we don't mind you posting!!! Lovely name you've picked! How's your pregnancy going? Only one week til you move over to 3rd tri!:happydance:

Course we don't mind you posting!!! Lovely name you've picked! How's your pregnancy going? Only one week til you move over to 3rd tri!:happydance:

Aww thank you I love the name you have picked for your little man to it's very cute and unique :) my pregnancy is going really well thank you apart from the odd aches and pains and weeing 1000 times a day I can't complain haha it's been lovely so far, how is yours going? I agree with pp your looking very healthy and glowing in your pic. I know I can't believe how quickly it's gone! how are you feeling now your in 3rd tri everyone I speak to says it really flys from then x

I can't really talk as I only entered 3rd tri today! 2bh feeling a little lost in the 3rd tri board as I feel like a newbie again lol! I made a post introducing myself and nobody posted back :nope:!!! Everyone's too busy popping out their babies!

I'm glad your pregnancy is going well and quickly! I feel like mine is going very slow lol! Will probably go even slower when I go on mat leave!

I can't really talk as I only entered 3rd tri today! 2bh feeling a little lost in the 3rd tri board as I feel like a newbie again lol! I made a post introducing myself and nobody posted back :nope:!!! Everyone's too busy popping out their babies!

I'm glad your pregnancy is going well and quickly! I feel like mine is going very slow lol! Will probably go even slower when I go on mat leave!

Sorry I only just saw that baby brain going on this evening :dohh: haha congratulations on 3rd tri! Oh no really? I must say that I have been sneaking over there to have a look and I did feel a bit out of place as most of the threads I saw were "this is it" and "today is the day" and I am still way off that so I don't really know where I will fit in either.

I know what you mean somedays I think it's going fast other days I really feel like I have been pregnany for years and I just want her here already, when are you off on mat leave? I have been wondering when to go on mine as I know I will get soo bored at home but I want some time before baby comes so I am still unsure when I will be going on mine

Lol well, stuck in a complicated situation with work really so i'm not sure! I look after a girl with cerebral palsy and brain damage in her own home and so a seperate company deals with my pay. They had told me that their standard procedure would be to go on leave 6 weeks before baby and I agreed to that. However the other week the bank account of the girl (the one she pays us out of) went overdrawn and the company that deals with my pay only let them know when it was too late and we nearly didn't get paid at all!

Money has never been an issue before so nobody was expecting it!

So her parents only option is to basically cut right down on the carers for the next 2 months until the account is back to a safe amount! My hours have dwindled so low that I will no longer qualify for SMP! I signed up for JSA on Monday but i'm only on it for 2 weeks and then i'm exempt lol! I'm entitled to maternity allowance after them 2 weeks but not sure if the paperwork will go through on time. If it does then I'll be finishing work as soon as I get maternity pay :cry: I'll miss it so much but it will allow others to get more hours as we're all struggling!

So... I could be on mat leave in 2 weeks! It's crazy! I don't know what I will do with myself lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->