Essex BnB'ers!!!!

The nursery furniture has only just arrived and the changing unit isn't here so a bit cross, but at least have the long weekend to put it up.
Welcome Ashlie - you took your time finding us!
I will be 3rd Tri tomorrow I guess and as you say, it seems a bit odd! I'm so NOT organised in terms of having anything else for the baby, haven't decided whether to BF or FF, can't even pick a name so I just want the next 3 months to go nice and slow. I don't finish work until 20th July (last day of term) so got ages but I know it will fly by once we've got half term out of the way.
Ashlie - will you be going into Queen's?
xxx

Oh no :( Hopefully it will arrive soon!

I chose the Mamas and Papas Vico set as it was £599 down to £399 and then you could get an extra £100 quid off with a voucher code! Parents gift to us is the furniture so was all set to buy it on the last day of the offer and then my dad said screw it, your not buying it because it's the one you want, you're buying it because it's cheap!

So I'm still looking :( Lol!

Lol! I liked Rialto from Mamas & Papas and was about to order it last weekend until we realised it wouldn't all fit in our bedroom! Sounds daft but have you checked yours for size? We were going for a cot bed and that wouldn't fit with a wardrobe and changing unit. It's the only reason we've gone for the Mothercare one.
xxx

We've measured the room but haven't measured any furniture yet! I better keep this in mind as it is a small room!

I really want dark furniture but it's soo expensive! Going to have to keep my eyes open for a bargain!

We've measured the room but haven't measured any furniture yet! I better keep this in mind as it is a small room!

I really want dark furniture but it's soo expensive! Going to have to keep my eyes open for a bargain!

Same here - measured the room, did a quick "that ought to fit" sum, but didn't realise it wouldn't fit until I (actually) marked out on the floor using masking tape where I thought the furniture would stand, only to find it wouldn't fit AT ALL!!!
Was really disappointed. Have you checked out Kiddicare and Babies r Us?
xxx

Haven't been babys r us in a while I should check them out! And you know what, i've never heard of Kiddicare! I'll look them up lol!

We have a mamas and papas discount factory shop near us so I need to go there too!

hello ladies, just thought i'd say hi, I'm Ally, 33 and live in Ongar (inbetween Harlow & chelmsford)

Hope your all having good pregnancies so far. Finding this one bt exhausting with running round after toddler as well!!

Just reading your posts about furniture, i bought cotbed from company called Kiddisave, Kiddicare as great but pricey for their furniture. There are some great baby compaies out there, i found previously that if i went to a smaller retailer they would offer better deals than babies r us and kiddicare. Just a thought for you

Any idea what pushchairs your getting yet? That was some serious research that when into that one last time and some serious research going on to find the 'right' double!!

Lol well, stuck in a complicated situation with work really so i'm not sure! I look after a girl with cerebral palsy and brain damage in her own home and so a seperate company deals with my pay. They had told me that their standard procedure would be to go on leave 6 weeks before baby and I agreed to that. However the other week the bank account of the girl (the one she pays us out of) went overdrawn and the company that deals with my pay only let them know when it was too late and we nearly didn't get paid at all!

Money has never been an issue before so nobody was expecting it!

So her parents only option is to basically cut right down on the carers for the next 2 months until the account is back to a safe amount! My hours have dwindled so low that I will no longer qualify for SMP! I signed up for JSA on Monday but i'm only on it for 2 weeks and then i'm exempt lol! I'm entitled to maternity allowance after them 2 weeks but not sure if the paperwork will go through on time. If it does then I'll be finishing work as soon as I get maternity pay :cry: I'll miss it so much but it will allow others to get more hours as we're all struggling!

So... I could be on mat leave in 2 weeks! It's crazy! I don't know what I will do with myself lol!

Oh really that's a great job you do though I admire people who look after others my mum has a full time carer and she's brilliant, what a palava your having though!

I really hope your paperwork gets done in time but yeah that's right I can't believe that the one time that you need things to go smoothly and it's all going a bit hectic for you, I really hope things get sorted soon for you x

The nursery furniture has only just arrived and the changing unit isn't here so a bit cross, but at least have the long weekend to put it up.
Welcome Ashlie - you took your time finding us!
I will be 3rd Tri tomorrow I guess and as you say, it seems a bit odd! I'm so NOT organised in terms of having anything else for the baby, haven't decided whether to BF or FF, can't even pick a name so I just want the next 3 months to go nice and slow. I don't finish work until 20th July (last day of term) so got ages but I know it will fly by once we've got half term out of the way.
Ashlie - will you be going into Queen's?
xxx

Hello Mrs KB :) I know tell me about it! I didn't even know this thread exsisted so when I found it I was sooo happy even though it did take me a while haha!
It does seem very odd doesn't it I feel a bit lost with it all if i'm honest, oh your not alone I haven't decided on BF,FF or expressing yet either I just can't decide what would be best as I am not sure how long I will be off on mat leave so I think I need to pull my finger out and get that sorted soon really.
I think that I have ages left but as you say I know it will soon come around soon enough, 20th July sounds far but it's only around the corner :)
No I won't be going to Queens I will be at King Georges I don't really know why as I thought that Queens would have been the better option but my midwife has put me down for King Georges but I am having all scans tests ect at Queens xx

hello ladies, just thought i'd say hi, I'm Ally, 33 and live in Ongar (inbetween Harlow & chelmsford)

Hope your all having good pregnancies so far. Finding this one bt exhausting with running round after toddler as well!!

Just reading your posts about furniture, i bought cotbed from company called Kiddisave, Kiddicare as great but pricey for their furniture. There are some great baby compaies out there, i found previously that if i went to a smaller retailer they would offer better deals than babies r us and kiddicare. Just a thought for you

Any idea what pushchairs your getting yet? That was some serious research that when into that one last time and some serious research going on to find the 'right' double!!

Hi Ally! Welcome in :) I will check out Kiddisave as I found the Kiddicare website confusing and as you said, quite a lot is expensive!

Lol poor you having to run around after a toddler with a big bump :) If I do decide to have more children then I think I may wait til he's in school so I can avoid that lol (she says...I know most people change their minds lol!) :p My auntie has a 2 year old, 8 month old and one on the way and I don't know how she does it lol!

My other half is really fussy about prams (he has another child from a previous relationship and did a lot of research back then into the suspension of the wheels on prams lol) and after a long search we have come across a Polish company called Baby Merc that sell on eBay. Their prams are way under our budget which is nice and 99% of the reviews are excellent so we're going to take a chance with that :) Was going to get the Mamas and Papas Sola 2 in 1 but the price adds up when you buy all the stuff with it and with this pram you get all the bits and bobs with it! :happydance:

Oh really that's a great job you do though I admire people who look after others my mum has a full time carer and she's brilliant, what a palava your having though!

I really hope your paperwork gets done in time but yeah that's right I can't believe that the one time that you need things to go smoothly and it's all going a bit hectic for you, I really hope things get sorted soon for you x

Thanks :) I love my job! I have it easy to be honest, the girl I look after is an angel lol. Everything can be solved by singing, dancing or silly noises lol!

I'm going to see if jobcenter can see me this afternoon, so hopefully we'll get the ball rolling!!

It's nice when you have such a rewarding job like that, aww bless her she sounds like a right little character if only all children would be so easily pleased.

I hope you manage to get things sorted this afternoon, I will have my fingers crossed for you!

hey ladies, can i join?!
i'm Emma, 18, i live in chelmsford and i'm 32+5 with my first!

Hi Emma :) How are you?

CharlieKeys im good just very tired these days lol! How about you?!?! xx

Yep very tired too! Luckily my boys nap at the same time (don't know how long this will last for lol), so I get at least an hour but doesn't make a difference lol.

hiya :)
yeah i'm alright thankyou, getting fed up with feeling like a house! lol. how are you all doing?

Ah Emma not long left though :) Your 2 weeks ahead of me so you've got 2 weeks less then me to wait! Are you having your baby at Broomfield? x

Lol Charlie an hours not enough lol! Must be hard having 2 littluns whilst being heavily pregnant but on the plus side I bet it passes the time! A day feels like a year for me lol!!

Are you girls having baby showers? Work is putting one on for me on Tuesday :D I'm excited but nervous for some reason lol!

ah i know, and to be fair it has gone quick! just hoping the next few weeks do! yeah i am, are you? i'm annoyed they're not doing tours!

and no i'm not having one, more hassle than it's worth for me! lol x

I am yes :) and I think a tour would scare me more then anything so i'm not too fussed. How does a tour happen on a busy labour ward anyway lol? Have you seen their video on their website? I was very impressed!

I didn't ask for a baby shower, if it was up to me I think I wouldn't bother because I sort of find situations like that embarrassing lol! But I work with a bunch of very nice ladies who are way to excited about me having a baby lol :)

most places used to do tours so you're not walking into a 'foreign environment' kinda thing.
i was rushed in at 26 weeks and was in a delivery room for a bit. i was high as anything on gas and air, but it was lovely from what i can remember! lol. do you live in chelmsford then?
i would probably enjoy a shower if someone else threw it so i didn't stress lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->