Evening primrose oil?

o0oCharlieo0o

Reaction score
Are any of you ladies using it or going to be using it? Orally, vaginally or both? I don't know dosages etc iv been searching to get information, I'm 35 weeks now and I am considering taking it orally for now and then vaginally aswell from around 38 weeks, How are you taking it? What dosage? And did anyone use it in previous pregnancies and did it help in any way?

I'm drinking raspberry leaf tea just one cup a day at the moment but will be upping it to two cups in next few days, I have the Holland and Barrett tea bags I heard they aren't as good as they are infusion tea but I have them now so they will have to do lol! I want to try prep as much as possible being as two of my babies were a week over due and iv been told this baby is 6lb already and is going to be big so I don't want to go overdue again if I can help it lol

I took it last time from about 36 weeks orally. I dont put anything down there as suffer from persistent thrush and itching in both pregnancies

I did tear last time, so taking it orally only did not help

I swear by RLT though and taking EPO since 38 weeks 3 times a day orally only again just because i hVe it and figured out why not

I used to with second baby. The point I think is not to prevent tearing (unless you massage into perineum) but to help soften cervix so dilation and effacement are quicker when they start. I had to be induced for medical reasons, but my induction was super quick. And I labored and delivered pain med free. I did tear. I only used vaginally. Anyway my experience was so positive I'll be using again this go! Oh, and I loved RRL tea! Will be using that as well!

I took it orally and it gave me severe headaches. I tried it vaginally too but really don't like the smell of it 😩

I was but I ran out! I used it last time both ways and had a tear. I'd take it again this time anyway if I had some!
Taking rlt I swear it helps with post natal bleeding.

I tried it one night but it made me burp horrible tasting burps and the leakage was horrible and kept waking me up all night. Kept thinking my waters were going until I remembered I'd inserted epo!!
Haven't bothered since :haha:

I tried it one night but it made me burp horrible tasting burps and the leakage was horrible and kept waking me up all night. Kept thinking my waters were going until I remembered I'd inserted epo!!
Haven't bothered since :haha:

Lol oh no I bet that was one long night for you!!

It was!!! I'm still trying to catch up now :haha: the burps made me terribly nauseous too!!! Don't think epo is for me!

Going to try clary sage oil next :thumbup:

I'll just buy a cheap lot from asda first then and see how I go with them, don't fancy horrible burping making me feel sick, I don't know how I feel about vaginally so I may not do that anyway lol, but I'm still trying to search on what weeks you should be and what dosages etc, i was thinking of taking orally now and vaginally about 38 weeks or further if I get desperate lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->