Everyday things as gifts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I can see if you buy for them through the year then it make sense to not go over the top at Christmas, and if you are keeping it on the smaller side, then you really would just want it to be things they would like rather than socks and pants.

I don't tend to as for me it's not a present and more an everyday thing, there is nothing wrong with it I just don't do it myself, I also don't give clothes as presents x

Yeah I do to it was things like this I used to get in my stocking. My brother and I would get the same bubble bath every year his was blue mine pink...god I wish I could find it now just to smell christmas as a child again lol xx

I do it. My daughter is getting bibs, cutlery and a sippy cup, Spoon and my son is getting Spoon set and a couple of cool bowls.
I don't know why I do it tbh but fills out the stocking and saves me having to pay that money at other times

I remember my nanny buying me deodorant for christmas lol...I was slightly miffed! I generally do 'special' versions of everyday stuff, like frozen socks, or an electric toothbrush, that sort of thing.

Haha I used to get deodorant for Xmas I used to like it as my mum used to buy the boring cheap kind but at Xmas but at Xmas I got the nice smelling kind

I do socks and toothbrushes in the stocking. They're typically character based or something I wouldn't normally get as usually I shop generic items. It's just tradition to me, my parents did it when I was growing up and I just continued the tradition with my kids.

I do everyday things for stockings too, but tend to get the more special ones, like character versions that we don't always get. Usually toothbrushes with characters, character socks, etc, whereas normally I just get regular ones.

We don't do clothes as presents either. My mil does, but she wraps everything! She even wrapped our christmas cards!

lmao at wrapping cards! I do love to wrap and wrap everything in sight but cards is a bit much even for me lol

We don't do clothes as presents either. My mil does, but she wraps everything! She even wrapped our christmas cards!

I do clothes if I find really cute character clothes on sale. This year I found some spiderman shirts on clearance for like $2-3 each, so they both got a few shirts wrapped up.

Wrapping cards is hilarious. I may have to do that just for giggles.

I've bought DS1 a toothbrush and some socks for his stocking as that's what my mum always used to do for us. Its a tradition in our family! I always buy DH pants and socks to go in his stocking for the same reason - his mum never did that for him but he likes me doing it as it saves him buying them.

My mum to this day still buys everyday items in brands she knows we like and makes us up a little gift basket (shampoo, shower gel, soap, razor blades, electric toothbrush heads, toothpaste, even tampons and sanitary towels!). I actually really appreciate it as at least for a month or 2 I don't have to worry about spending our very limited budget on basic necessities and we can treat ourselves to a takeaway or a meal out etc (something she would love to give us but can't wrap up).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"