• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Everyone else is getting pregnant!

Nat0619

Mummy :-)
Reaction score
So, in the past 3 days I have heard of 2 more people who are pregnant (although admittedly not people I see, more 'friends of friends'), plus one of my close friends had come off the pill in July, conceived immediately but unfortunately had a mc a few weeks ago. She is now about to try again. Plus I'm waiting for the call from my best friend in New Zealand announcing she is preg with her second as she was going to start trying around July too and caught first month with her first (even though she's a year older than me!)

Is it just that ttc makes you notice this more or are there really pregnant women everywhere??

x

Certainly does. The friend who had the mc has an absolutely gorgeous 18 month old daughter, was playing with her today and she was sooo cute and funny. I just so hope that one day I can have my own to watch grow and learn like that, it must be so rewarding.

To top everything off, I'm around 8dpo now and having symptoms like bloating, full achy feeling in lower tummy and waves of nausea. Who's willing to bet that AF will still arrive in around a week's time! My body messes me around in different ways every month :growlmad:

x

It is a long and frustrating process for those of us that have been TTC for a while... I've been trying for almost a year. My hubby went through 2 reversals (1st one didn't work- but luckily the 2nd one did)- and still, just got my monthly visitor... boo :( I know it will happen when it's meant too- I keep telling myself that my lil seed is just picky and when it's right it will happen ;) lol...

Try to keep the faith- it does feel like everyone else may be having an easy time- but I'm sure that is not the case. I know just as many woman who have struggled or are currently struggling to get pregnant... it doesn't happen right away for every one- and maybe, in the end, that is because we are strong enough to deal? Or maybe, it's because we end up with the best babies ever! lol. Whatever the reason- when it's finally your time... all will be worth it ;)

Good luck and baby dust!!!!

Its that thing of noticing it more when you want that something

:) x

Thanks for the replies ladies, I am so pleased I joined this forum. It is so good to be able to talk to those who know exactly how I feel and you always make me feel better :kiss: x

Im noticing loads and loads of people who are just out shopping are pregnant..we seem to pass umpteen number of women every time we go out. u do get a pang of...why can they do it and i cant kinda thing.

I think I'm getting a bit bitter - get really angry when I see pregnant women smoking or Mum's plugged in to their i-pods or screaming at their kids - I end up screaming inside my head - how come you get to have a child and don't appreciate it & I don't!??

Hi there

I'm new to this site and it was quite reassuring to see your messages. Been TTC for 9 months now. Had a MC month 5 just before 6 weeks which was really disheartening. I've heard of so many people getting pregnant during the last 9 months and a few of these weren't even really trying! It feels like I see about 5 pregnant women a day at the moment, in the gym, in the supermarket, on the train, wherever I go really. Am trying to remind myself that it's good to see pregnant women as it's a reminder that it happens a lot but it's really hard. Also 2 of my close friends have recently told me they're about 16 weeks pregnant which is around where I would be now if I was still pregnant. Fingers crossed for all of us!

Facebook is the worst place for me. Can't seem to look away for a second without someone else announcing it :(

I had a MMC in March and there are two people at my job who are pregnant and their due dates are around the same time I would have been due. It is hard to see their bellies on a daily basis as it is a constant reminder.

Someone announced in a meeting today that they are 16 weeks pregnant - didn't get anymore work done just spent the rest of the time with everyone else talking about being pregnant while I slapped my grin on. Cried all the way home :(

Sorry you had a bad day twinkle :cry:

How long have you been ttc? x

9 months - friend starting trying at the same time as me & she's due in 2 weeks :(

I'm a few months behind you, ttc for 6 months now (but a year of NTNP before that). Is 1975 the year you were born? If so, you're just a year younger than me.

I have the issue of 'fertile friends' too. All of mine seem to fall pregnant very easily.

At least we have this forum to rant on and we are all going through the same. Gives us somewhere to talk about things with people that understand as its hard to talk to friends who find it easy isn't it? x

Hey Nat - yep I'm 35!
I think I'd go mad without this forum - I'm caught between the people who sneeze and get pregnant and my bf whose husband is impotent and refuses to do anything about it & therefore has denied her any chance of having a baby - she knows 100% that she won't be getting pregnant and is struggling with that so I feel I can't talk to her about it either.
Have you got other kids or is this your first try?? Either way wishing you lots of babydust:dust:

Oh dear, that's horrid for her too. I never think about issues like that, I guess at least us ladies on here have the chance as we are DTD!

We are trying for our first. We have both been married before but neither of us had children with our previous partners (I didn't try, was never financially ready, his ex-wife didn't want children so they never tried either).

How about you? x

ps: I love Christmas too! My favourite time of year. Loving your Christmas countdown :happydance: x

Thought I'd chime in on this conversation...I have to close friends who both have three boys each. They both had their 3rd within months of each other last year. Neither was even trying (and my one friend only BD'd once and BOOM she was prego):grr:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->