• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Everyone else is getting pregnant!

Hi ladies

I went to the Docs recently to ask mine for advice because we've been TTC for 9 months and I'd read that when you've over 35 it's best to get checked out after 6 months rather than wait for a year. He said in our local area you need to have been trying for at least 18 months before you get a referral to the fertility clinic.

One of my friends of a similar age had been trying about a year and told her doctor they'd been trying for 2 years so they got a referral straight away. It turned out she had a few fibroids which they removed and she got pregnant quite soon after.

One4me2 - I'm sorry to hear you've been trying for 2-3 years and that there doesn't seem to be anything specific causing it. I guess that must be really hard for you. I think the fact that you got a BFP at all is a good sign, this suggests that something is working ok. Have you thought about getting a hair test done to see if there's any vitamin/mineral deficiency? I was reading about this in a book yesterday - let me know if you want me to dig out the details? Also another friend of mine told me recently about a herb called Maca which I've now got on order. It's apparently a fertility herb that is totally natural - she got pregnant the first month after using it (after having several chemicals). xx

Thanks Leeze,

I actually did have a hair analysis done, but for other reasons at the time. Most everything was fine, except my magnesium and zinc were a little low...took magnesium, Vit. D and zinc for awhile...didn't help fertility obviously. Have not tried Maca, although I have read about it...still a little weary about it...don't want to mess around too much. Do you know how she took it (read it's not very tasty:sick:)?

I'd be interested to hear what this maca is too and how you take it? x

I'd be interested to hear what this maca is too and how you take it? x

I did some searching, and it comes in tablets and powder form. Powder supposedly tastes:sick: so I think a lot of people take the tablets. This forum has some threads about the Maca if you do the advanced search. I also read about some side effects it could have for some people, so make sure you research for yourself.

Hi ladies,

My friend took it in tablet form. I've only done a bit of research on it but thought it was meant to be safe because it comes from a vegetable, I think? I started a thread on this recently in the TTC section and had a couple of replies there from women who'd taken it and one definitely said she thought this could have helped as she got pregnant the first cycle she took it.

I didn't realise there were possible side effects, looks like I might need to do some more research too ...

:dust:

oh, I just checked and it was actually in "TTC after a loss" that i started the thread about Maca xx

I'm actually thinking of trying out the Maca for a little bit. We'll see what happens. If this doesn't work then :shrug:

Good luck with it! I've just seen another post from someone who got a BFP today after 6 years TTC - so stay hopeful xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->