Exactly 8 wks (by my calc) - Fri dating U/S

Ellivort

Reaction score
I don't remember having a dating u/s so early with DD 7 years ago. I am far more anxious with this pregnancy. Is it likely we will be able to hear a HB? Will they detect it even if we can't hear it (someone told me it'll show up on u/s, but we may not be able to hear it).

I'm 99% certain of my self-dating based on my records, so it will be exactly 8 weeks on Friday.

Its been so darn long for me that this feels like my first pregnancy. I'd like to be able to relax some after Friday if we have a HB!

Thoughts and experiences welcomed! Thanks :)

Hi Elvert, a heartbeat can usually be seen from 6.5 weeks (and heard on ultrasound) although usually the scan is transvaginal when that early and dates would have to be correct....best wishes for your scan x

Tomorrow is the day (Fri 11:30). I'm super excited, but also really nervous. This has been a 7 year wait and a true surprise blessing. I just want all to be ok!

Hi Ellivort, I had a dating u/s this morning and I'm exactly 8 weeks today, go back in 4 weeks for the 12 week scan. You can see/hear the heartbeat no problem.. no much else to see though to be honest but the heartbeat was enough for me at this point :cloud9:

Hi Ellivort, I had a dating u/s this morning and I'm exactly 8 weeks today, go back in 4 weeks for the 12 week scan. You can see/hear the heartbeat no problem.. no much else to see though to be honest but the heartbeat was enough for me at this point :cloud9:

I'd take confirmation of the HB anyday. Counting down the hours until tomorrow!

I'd take confirmation of the HB anyday. Counting down the hours until tomorrow!

All the best for tomorrow, got my fingers crossed for a nice strong HB :cloud9: Let us know how you get on xx

I've seen and heard the heartbeat as early as 5.5 weeks. 8 weeks is a lovely time for a dating scan! Have a fantastic time seeing your baby.

Good luck with the scan!
I have one at six weeks on Monday (previous ectopic) - expect there won't be much to see! I'm the same as you - my eldest is nearly six and I feel like I have forgotten all the pregnancy and baby stuff ��

45 mins to go, will update upon my return. Feeling very excited bu anxious!

My calculations were a bit off but...

Measuring 9w1d
HB 165

New DD March 23, 2017

Healthy bean!:happydance::happydance:

Attachments

• KeyImage02.jpg
    KeyImage02.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 5
  • KeyImage03.jpg
    KeyImage03.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 3