Excessive Weight Gain

Dark_Star

Reaction score
I'm 7.5 weeks in and I have already gained about 9 pounds. I don't feel like I'm eating excessively but my weight keeps creeping up. Normal weight gain for fist trimester is supposed to be 0-5lbs for a first pregnancy. How can I get this under control?

I gained 10lbs in my first tri with DD, in total 4 1/2 stone.. but i lost 2 1/2 instantly, another half in 2 weeks after and then the last bit was off after 3 months. It was mainly water so have no fear, doesn't mean it's fat. Let your body do what it needs to do was my midwife's opinion.

I gained 20 pounds in first tri with my daughter. Luckily it balanced out and ended up only gaining about another 20 pounds for the rest of the pregnancy

I gained 16 by week 8, about 20 total for first tri but ended up gaining 35 total. Not everyone's body abides by the guidelines. Make healthy food choices, exercise and drink lots of water. If you can't do those things because you feel like crap, do what you can and when you feel better you can focus on being more healthy. I could only eat bacon for a couple of weeks early on. Terrible but everything else made me incredibly sick. Do what you can!

I ate really bad with my first pregnancy - the only thing I could keep down was carbs like French fries, potatoes, pasta, bread, etc. by 12 weeks I was already up 15 pounds. I ended up only gaining 40 the whole pregnancy though and lost it all by 2 weeks post partum and then went on to lose 10 more pounds.
This pregnancy (I am only 10 weeks) and eating healthy (salads, portion control, etc) but I have gained the same amount of weight! Grrrr.... So I think the PP is right, your body his does what it has to do when it's pregnant.

I gained 12 first tri with dd and I was eating very healthy. It's prob just water weight!

its the same with me , im gaing alot and im just 7 weeks :(
im trying so hard to control my self but i think its the extra blood and water not the food.

I've gained about 5lb I think already and although I'm not eating as healthy as I was before (have to have more carbs now) I don't think I'm eating excessively! Started to feel quite fed up especially when I read in 1st tri there should be minimum weight gain :dohh: :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->