Exercise 4wks post partum?

Babyfairy1984

Reaction score
I had a normal delivery and bleeding has almost stopped, what kind of exercise is ok? I am already walking but I'd like to start aerobics and spinning?

I found at 4 weeks I could do a little but my insides felt like they might fall out quite quickly. I just did basic body weight resistance exercises and stopped when I felt I'd done enough. Last week I suddenly felt like a new person with exercise and it's getting better and better :) x

I think bodies all heal/recover at different rates, so I'd listen to your body and your doctor. I felt ready to start running again at 6 weeks pp... until I actually went out on a run. It wasn't until my son was about 6 months old that I felt normal running again. I had to stick to low impact gym stuff before then.

I was told to wait til I was 6 weeks. I joined an exercise class at 5.5 weeks. I then realized why we are told to wait 6 weeks! My body was weak, I started spotting again when I had already finished, and I had some pain down there as well as feeling like I strained my ab muscles. Having said that, I'm glad I jumped back in when I did and I already feel stronger now at 6.5 weeks. But next time I think I would wait til the 6 week mark and start with something a bit lower impact until I got my strength up.

Don't rush it and built back up gradually. Your body had just been through a heck of a lot over the past 10 months! I was swimming up until I delivered and of course, with my open cervix and all, couldn't go back in the pool till I got the go-ahead from my dr. at my 6-week appointment. Turns out I wasn't healed yet and told to take it easy (tough when you have a toddler too, but I digress). I just returned to the pool in the last couple of days and I'm 8 weeks pp. So far, my "swimming" involves a lot of floating around and sitting in the hot tub!! Lol!

If you feel up to it, go for it, especially if you stayed active during your whole pregnancy. Your body will tell you if you're overdoing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->