Exercise buddy/motivation wanted!!

lucylu79

Reaction score
Thats it, i'm officially peed right off! :growlmad:
I nearly just ordered some jogging pants until I double checked what size i'd need and it said 16-18! Thats just not me (well at least I didn't think so) Perhaps because i'm living in leggings at the mo i've just not realised it, its not massive I know but at 4"11 for me that is very big, not to mention my biggest ever and a bmi of over 30 - ie obese.

I've started SW and loosing slowly (about 1lb a week) which i'm ok with if only I could up it a little now and again.

I decided its about time I did some exercise, at the moment i'm only doing the odd walk with LO, I did try to walk into town every day but I soon spent too much money :nope:

I know thats a cop out - Of corse I could go somewhere else but I just seem to have zero motivation!

My morning routine is still awful, unless I have somewhere to be I may not get ready until lunch time! I'm still finding it hard getting ready whilst leaving LO alone in his cot, I have done it and I can certainly hear him if he cries which he never does as I always make sure its after a morning feed so why can't I keep it up!!!!

Is anyone else struggling?? I would love to hear from you, perhaps share an exercise routine or something.

Many thanks in advance.

Lucy :flower:

Hi Lucy! Don't worry, we've all been there. I realised I needed to make a change when I checked sizes and realised I was an 18 (though most of my clothes were a 12/14 and fitted fine!.

I'd recommend doing Vicky Entwhistle's WOW dvd. It's awesome and easy to follow :)

My words of wisdom.....if you fall off the bandwagon, don't worry. Everyone does it, and its ok to let yourself have a treat now and then after a good week. Just don't fall off and never get back on. I've done that too many times :dohh:

Also, get a weight loss ticker! It makes you feel good seeing how much you've lost. I personally think the tickerfactory ones are best, easy to change and you get a chart where you can see your progress. (I know i've got a LilySlim one but I fancied a change!).

Keep a food diary too, lets you know what you're doing wrong, and doing right.

Good luck with your journey :flower:

awww thanks!!

I just did 30mins on the exercise bike whilst LO's asleep. I did 12km burning 380cals so i'm pretty pleased with my start!!!

Hello lucylu :hugs::hugs:

Come and join us on the 5 stone to loose thread. I have only just started it but there are a few ladies on there and we are trying to encourage each other :thumbup:

I am also following slimming world I'm on day 2 :winkwink:

Hope to see you over there :hugs::hugs::hugs:

ooh I love working out on the bike :thumbup: Hope its going well for you. Maybe start a journal here and post you food and exercise diary each day? Id follow and support it :hugs:

I have davina mccall body buff dvd & I think it is fab!
I your LO has a swing or bouncy chair pop him in there where he can see you and he will have a ball watching you bounce around :thumbup:

I too have days where I do not want to do anything & getting ready is such a hassle, especially with the two of them but I always feel better if I go.
Can you arrange to meet up with friends? Then you will be motivated :hugs:

xXx

ooh I love working out on the bike :thumbup: Hope its going well for you. Maybe start a journal here and post you food and exercise diary each day? Id follow and support it :hugs:

Hey there, I have started a journal its going ok I think!!! Thanks

x

Sometimes when I'm feeling tired i kinda psych myself into it. Like first I start stretching because its easy and you can do it even when your feeling lazy. Just get on the floor and do as many stretches as possible. Then do some sit-ups and push-ups. By then you get the blood flowing and more up to doing exercise, going for a jog or whatever. Or even just clean your room or the bathroom or something. As soon as your moving it gets easier.

Also maybe just eat better. If you eat right you have more energy and don't have to push yourself to exercise. One thing that happened to me was I became very anemic (and I'm not even vegetarian) and did not know for months but it makes you increasingly lethargic. Then you need iron supplements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->