Exercising and Dieting while Pregnant

Reaction score
I don't know what i can or can't do while pregnant.

My Oh suggested a run today as we were both bored, and we were going to go but i got a call to take my gran to the hospital, so we didn't end up going, then realised afterwards i might not be able to run? Am I? Can i do any form of exercising as i usually do pilates every once in a while (just a home exercise video type thing) am i allowed to carry on doing this?

Also, am i allowed to diet? Usually i do about 1200-1800 calories a day, but the last few weeks i've been eating a fair bit more than that, but have noticed that i'm putting on weight quite quickly (no just pregnancy weight at all lol) so want to go back to dieting - is this allowed? :shrug: I suppose it's not really dieting though, it's just me keeping an eye on my food and calorie intake rather than scoffing my face with any food i can find, lol.

Hey,

Congratulations :flower:

The advice I got when pregnant with Tristan was if you did an exercise before you were pregnant then usually you are alright to continue that exercise, although I know there are some exceptions.
And swimming/walking are fine to do even if you didn't before pregnancy you just need to take it easy.

Where eating is concerned I generally stuck to 1800 calories a day, I was used to eating 1200 a day and I found to eat anymore I would've been forcing myself to eat when I wasn't hungry.

Hope this helps

xXx

As far as exercise goes as long as you did it before it's fine to carry on, if u didn't do it before such as running then maybe trying walking first and working up to it. The advice I got was if u did nothing before it's not advisable to start training for a marathon! I box (no contact) 3 days a week and do a weight session once a week. Just listen to ur body u will no when ur tired or when to stop.

As for dieting it's not advisable to diet when pregnant, by dieting you could be missing the important nutrients you and baby needs. If it's eating healthy and watching what u eat that's fine. Before becoming pregnant I followed a strict diet. Not diet where I eat nothing but eating certain foods to get my protein/carb intake and at certain times I also use to have a take away prob once a week I now still stick to meal times and foods but am not as strict..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->