Exotic Pets of the Ferret Variety

katerdid

Momma
Reaction score
Hey y'all! Anyone else have ferrets as pets?

I looove my lil fuzzbutts, Ajax and Odin. They are so energetic, like puppies in the shape of a weasel hahaha.

https://i56.tinypic.com/33lcb2v.jpg Ajax

https://i56.tinypic.com/15evsy.jpg Odi

yea i have a ferret named titch ill find a pic n post it on ina sec just feedi Eva :D

This is her (Titch) :cloud9:

Attachments

• DSC00238.jpg
    DSC00238.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1
Her name is Harley :) my little love bug!
Photo 298.jpg

aw its nice to see girls on here have them aswell! Titch is great she runs around the garden with the dogs n everything, n when they kids come to the house we set up a wee course for them n her to play with :D

I have 4 :) 3 girl - Barney, Molly and Roxy. And a boy called Billy. Billy's one hell of a giant hob now though, he swamps all 3 girls bless him, the most lai back and gentle ferret I've ever known though!

Barney: https://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp149/starxmaterial_x/40403_416134183313_639323313_4828569_7283634_n.jpg

Billy, Molly and Roxy:https://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp149/starxmaterial_x/40649_417239463313_639323313_4860820_2665443_n.jpg

And Billy fast asleep on me the day I got him: https://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp149/starxmaterial_x/35965_417236153313_639323313_4860731_2955999_n.jpg

aw lovely, di dyous all have yours form bein a kit?

What are ferrets like as pets - are they good with children?

I used to. His name was Oscar and he was an albino (red eyes and all) We were pretty sure he was deaf as he never responded to sound, but he'd respond to me pounding my hands on the ground. He was SO funny! He loved having our little min pins chase him around the house.

https://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d87/Starryskyes9603/oscar-1.jpg

I have 2 boys but they live at my mums now. They are called Teddy and Podge, Ted is an albino and Podge is a polecat.

They are fab as long as you handle them lots when they are young :thumbup: If you leave them in there box without handleing them they get scared and may just bite everytime they are lifted.
As soon as we got titch as a kit we let her run about the kitchen very night after dinner, which ment she was handled alot, she will even eat out of my hand.

They are fab as long as you handle them lots when they are young :thumbup: If you leave them in there box without handleing them they get scared and may just bite everytime they are lifted.
As soon as we got titch as a kit we let her run about the kitchen very night after dinner, which ment she was handled alot, she will even eat out of my hand.

How long do they live? Do they need to be kept in pairs?

Just like rats they are socialable animals. I think there lifespan is around 7 years.

Not necessarily in pairs, but they do like to play with other animals. I had mine with my two min pins and they would run and chase each other for hours. Oscar KNEW that he could go places that they couldn't and he'd go there on purpose, wait for them to walk by, and he'd pounce at them. I knew it was all play because he would make his little chirping sounds. I loved his chirp :kiss:

Mine will be 9 this year which is a very good age, Mine had lived on her own all her life altho she did have babies and tehy stayed with her till they started get big enough to separate them an wen they went to there homes.
I used to have two others whoch where brought up together from birth steak & chips they where caged together but the hob (chips) was much bigger than the gill (steak) and he could be very rough, i didnt like it so i kept them apart and they seemed much happier.

I'm a big believer in giving socialable animals company of their kind. You can never completely provide what one of their own could. Just my opinion.

Yip fair enough, altho mine has been happy enough for 9 years on her own, altho a few friends sometimes bring there ferrets down to ours so we let them play about for a while altho titch dosnt pay much attention lol I knitted her a jumper one year around x-mas time as it was cold she looked odd but it seemed to help.

hi everyone...ive got three ferrets, two sandy girls and a silver male. i chose to keep more than one so that they always had company, i never like to think of them being lonely if ive gone out for a few hours.

does anyone let their ferrets have free run of the house (completely without a cage)? x

I let mine run around my room by herself when I'm home. I just shut the door when I go in another room, but if I'm not home she stays in her cage. When I leave her out, she plays until she gets bored then she'll get in my dresser and curl up in my clothes and fall asleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->