Mia and Molly :)

Attachments

• Mia.jpg
    Mia.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Molly.jpg
    Molly.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 2
Yay!!! Ferret lovers!! We started out with one girly called Daisy,she was an albino (and spayed) and then we got her two friends Boba and Apollo, both also albino.

We lost Daisy after 18months due to a very aggressive tumour (discovered when she was spayed, they removed what they could but it grew back) DD was gutted, then to make matters worse Apollo escaped out of my bedroom window in april and we havent seen him since (did posters,rang vets,rang rescues,no one handed him in) So poor Boba was left on his own. We are now awaiting 2 lovely poley boys to come live with us and Boba :D Will keep you updated.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/396758_173777306093413_1192617881_n.jpg

I'm jealous of your lovely ferrets. My OH owns ferrets. He had two when we first met, a standard sable girl called Eva and a panda sable male called Scazi. Eva was the sweet, calm one and Scazi was the aggressive hellraiser.

Anyway, Eva ended up getting out of the house he lived in before where there was a huge overgrown open field in front and a river. She was lost for a week before a neighbor's dog bit her and the neighbor kept her in a crate until she saw our flyers. When we went to pick her up, the dog bite had infected and there was larvae growing inside the puncture wounds. She was treated with antibiotics for a week and we regularly flushed out the wounds, where more and more dead larvae would be found.
Eventually she had to have surgery, but she didn't make it through the night. OH was devastated to say the least. She was such a sweetheart.

Now we're left with Scazi, but he's not the most sociable of creatures. He's living at his grandma's house where he goes to see him daily, simply because he has learned how to escape from his enclosure and I'm terrified he'll hurt the baby so I won't even have him in the house. He tore out my OH's nostril before.

Anyone ever dealt with an aggressive ferret before? OH considers rehoming him, but as he puts it "I already feel bad for his future owner" plus we'd have to find someone who doesn't have children (or even small dogs...Scazi regularly terrorizes grandma's daschund).:shrug:

I have two lovely tame girl ferrets who are ever so friendly and sweet. They're about 9 months old and they're spayed. They live indoors and have the run of one of the spare rooms most evenings. They're my first ferrets. I've had them since May or June last year.

I feed them cat biscuits with occasional pouches of cat food and they sometimes have raw eggs, which they enjoy but struggle to get in to. I have dogs who live purely off raw meat - I heard about this and started looking in to it more for dogs when I was reading up about ferret diets before I got my girls. I really like the health benefits it brings over dog food. I've been thinking about it for my ferrets. Does anyone feed their ferrets raw meat and can tell me anything about it for them? How much meat per day? Do they always need to have it available, like they do with the cat biscuits? What kind of meat they can have - I've read they can't have sausage meat?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"