Expecting #1 and over 30

Hehe. I think I´m the crazy one here.
I´m not only obsessing over baby names. I´ve already decided.
I decided on the girl name when I was 10 years old or something, and not much older when I decided on the boy name.

If I have a girl : Ásrún Huld (direct translation: Aesir Runes are Hidden)
If I have a boy: Þorgeir Ezra (translation: umm, practically impossible, but I´ll try... Brave Spear Ezra) I don´t know why I chose Ezra, I just like the sound of it...

I decided on the girl name when I was 10 years old or something, and not much older when I decided on the boy name.

If I have a boy: Þorgeir Ezra (translation: umm, practically impossible, but I´ll try... Brave Spear Ezra) I don´t know why I chose Ezra, I just like the sound of it...

I'm sure those names will work perfectly in Iceland, but I'd cry if I was to be the teacher of your kids on the first day of school here in the US!!! I don't even know where to start on pronunciation :dohh: Ezra is nice though! I've heard of that before. Can you write the other parts phonetically? I'd love to hear how they sound :flower:

And your OH is happy to go with those? My DH is quite picky and so am I which is why I think I'm freaking out. If it was solely up to ME, I'd be done :winkwink: But the names he loves I'm not too keen on and vice versa...we'll end up naming our kid something we're both just 'ok' with at this rate!!!! But I keep making a big list of both so hopefully something will strike his fancy. I'm going to ask him to make a list as well.

My nausea came back yesterday evening and I was SUPER TIRED. I didn't do much yesterday or Sunday though so that is weird. The nausea is still here today and I couldn't get out of bed this morning after 10 hours of sleep...which is unheard of for me! I passed out at 10:30pm last night too...I then took a nap around noon again. I sure hope this is a growth spurt!

I'm sure those names will work perfectly in Iceland, but I'd cry if I was to be the teacher of your kids on the first day of school here in the US!!! I don't even know where to start on pronunciation :dohh: Ezra is nice though! I've heard of that before. Can you write the other parts phonetically? I'd love to hear how they sound :flower:

And your OH is happy to go with those? My DH is quite picky and so am I which is why I think I'm freaking out. If it was solely up to ME, I'd be done :winkwink: But the names he loves I'm not too keen on and vice versa...we'll end up naming our kid something we're both just 'ok' with at this rate!!!! But I keep making a big list of both so hopefully something will strike his fancy. I'm going to ask him to make a list as well.

My nausea came back yesterday evening and I was SUPER TIRED. I didn't do much yesterday or Sunday though so that is weird. The nausea is still here today and I couldn't get out of bed this morning after 10 hours of sleep...which is unheard of for me! I passed out at 10:30pm last night too...I then took a nap around noon again. I sure hope this is a growth spurt!

Wow... phonetics ... I'll try ;)

Ásrún Huld: Ausroon ... I have no idea how to phonetically spell the other one, it´s severely Icelandic.
Þorgeir Ezra: Thorgaeir ... and same again with Ezra... it´s not spelled with a regular E... regular E is said with the mouth in a "smile", while this E is said more similarly to A...

Do you think I should give my midwife a call? I rang 2 weeks ago to tell the GP I was pregnant & they said they would get the midwife to call me but I've not heard anything. I dont want to pester them but I'm 6 weeks on Thursday and not had any advice or guidance. I have epilepsy so want to know what I should be doing/avoiding/looking out for.

Any ideas about what I should do?

poppy - I would definitely say give your midwife a call. I'm not sure if you are on medication or anything for your epilepsy which might need to be changed/altered now that you are pregnant. Even if you call and they tell you that you don't need to be doing anything differently, hopefully that will at least give you a little peace of mind.

Do you think I should give my midwife a call? I rang 2 weeks ago to tell the GP I was pregnant & they said they would get the midwife to call me but I've not heard anything. I dont want to pester them but I'm 6 weeks on Thursday and not had any advice or guidance. I have epilepsy so want to know what I should be doing/avoiding/looking out for.

Any ideas about what I should do?

Definitely call.
Here´s some info in the meantime.
https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pregnancy/PR00123

I had my 20 week appointment with my OB today and he seems really happy with my progress and the results of my morphology scan. I'm always amazed to hear my baby's heartbeat, which I get to listen each appointment! Next appoint with him will be in another 4 weeks. We're hopping to go out and look at prams again on the weekend and hopefully make a decision about which one to go with. There are way too many options!

I had my 20 week appointment with my OB today and he seems really happy with my progress and the results of my morphology scan. I'm always amazed to hear my baby's heartbeat, which I get to listen each appointment! Next appoint with him will be in another 4 weeks. We're hopping to go out and look at prams again on the weekend and hopefully make a decision about which one to go with. There are way too many options!

Wow, I´m glad I don´t have to worry about a lot of purchases for the baby. I only need to buy the car seat and a mattress for the bed.
All the other stuff I get as a loan from my brothers and sister.
I´ll buy some cute stuff myself of course, but I´m just glad I don´t have to start from scratch.

Yea, I agree, it´s always so heartwarming to hear the heartbeat :)

I'm kind of excited for the shopping to begin...though it IS overwhelming as there are SO MANY OPTIONS!!! On everything...including a simple diaper pail :wacko: :haha: But it will be fun...

pilot - your name choices sound SO pretty!!! :flower:

sam - did you find out the gender or are you choosing to wait? I can't wait until my 20 week scan...6 more weeks!!!!

How is everyone? We are off to Poland for three weeks on Tuesday so I've been busy trying to get some cheap clothes for the trip, buying sleeping pillows as I'm having a hard time sleeping, getting any accessories I will need, etc. Had my 14 week appointment yesterday and they drew more blood - cystic fibrosis this time. This state has SO many required tests!!! And we just listened to the heartbeat. Mostly we just talked about the many questions I had and my travel abroad. No more u/s for me until week 20 :coffee:

YEAH Sam and Mrs chezek for good appointments!!:happydance:

Pilot- nice name choices!

Im waiting for my u/s next friday..one week left!! Im a little nervous as i dont really have any symptoms. My bbs arent really sore only if i push on them, i dont have m/s (which is good) but thought i would feel something ( i do get dizzy one in a while if i dont eat in time), I feel some cramps and twinges at times, not peeing like crazy- maybe a little more..I know i shouldnt stress as some people dont have many symptoms. Anyone else have this issue?

YEAH Sam and Mrs chezek for good appointments!!:happydance:

Pilot- nice name choices!

Im waiting for my u/s next friday..one week left!! Im a little nervous as i dont really have any symptoms. My bbs arent really sore only if i push on them, i dont have m/s (which is good) but thought i would feel something ( i do get dizzy one in a while if i dont eat in time), I feel some cramps and twinges at times, not peeing like crazy- maybe a little more..I know i shouldnt stress as some people dont have many symptoms. Anyone else have this issue?

Hey, I didn´t feel much either until week 8 :)
Happy non-M/S :haha:

preg-pilot - Although it is expensive and overwhelming at times, it is still fun going out and baby shopping. We're getting a lot of help from my family with the purchasing of the big items which has been a blessing.

MrsChezek - We have decided to stay team yellow and not find out the gender. I think it will be fun everyone trying to guess the gender based on the way that I am carrying.

Clarkey - I wouldn't worry about the lack of symptoms. I am 20 weeks and from all the tests so far seem to have a healthy and active little baby growing. I've had no morning sickness or food aversions, no bloating, no constipation (sorry if TMI). Around week 10 (I think) I started feeling really tired and was going to bed at 8pm some nights. That extreme tiredness only lasted a few weeks. Around week 12/13 (I think) I was getting some headaches, which I don't normally get. I have rather large boobs to start with and so that often get a little tender around ovulation. Early on in my pregnancy they were getting no sorer then they would normally get around ovulation and they're not tender at all now. With my lack of symptoms, I'm just grateful that I can enjoy my pregnancy and hope that things go this smoothly for the next 20 weeks.

Clarkey - I would LOVE to have your "issue" :haha: You can have all my symptoms if you'd like :winkwink: One more week and then you can rest easy and just enjoy :hugs:

sam - we're going to have the technician put it in an envelope for us and we haven't decided how we're going to go about opening it...maybe have a little party with close family and friends and have a baker bake a cake that has the inside colored based on the gender...or maybe we'll try to hold out until Christmas and open it as a "gift". But that is soooo long from now!!!! Plus won't leave us much time to go buy stuff...maybe we'll open it on my DH's bday as it's in early November...but we definitely want to find out before birth :flower:

I wore my maternity shorts today and they were SO comfy...I think I might shop maternity clothes moving forward period :thumbup: Buttons and zippers are SO overrated!!

SO quiet here! How is everyone doing??? :flower:

I had a very good weekend - first one in a VERY long time!! We pretty much did everything like we used to - went out to lunch with friends, cleaned the house, went to the gym, entertained guests for dinner, went to the mall, etc and I felt great. A bit tired by the end of each day but good. :happydance:

I'm getting a bit overwhelmed as I read all these books and they are all saying how I should be taking advantage of all the energy I now have and getting a lot of stuff done for birth and baby prep. So I'm going to start researching classes - not sure what to take. Any suggestions? Also, I want to try to find a local pregnancy group of moms that are around my due date so that we can sort of go through all this together and then face having a newborn together too. Sort of a RL version of baby and bump :)

I also succumbed to all the sales going on and bought a second pair of maternity pants. I'm just SO uncomfortable in all my other clothes! So I wanted to at least have two pairs for our trip to Poland. Heading out on Wed for 3 weeks! Can't wait :happydance:

Hope you are all doing well...miss hearing from you all!!! :hugs:

Thanks everyone:hugs: i know I am lucky to have no m/s but it would honestly make me feel like everything is going ok and my hormones are increasing. I know I shouldnt worry.
Sam- its nice to hear that you didnt have m/s either. I have sometimes waves of dizziness and headaches as well. we will wait and see when im 8 weeks. I will probably wish I didnt complain :blush:

Mrs chezek- Sorry about your m/s. You probably want me to shut up and stop complaining about not having any:blush: Im just extra cautious because of my health issues. Hope your feeling better now:hugs:

Im waiting to go for my u/s this friday. So nervous and excited as we have been waiting for this what seems like forever. I will keep everyone updated!!

Hi ladies!
It's been a long time since I checked in but I just wanted to say hi and possibly join the group :flower: I finally got my :BFP: first thing this morning and I am so excited. Glad to see you are all doing well!
:happydance:

Oh my gosh Smimms!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting :hugs: I'm sooooo happy for you! Happy and healthy 9 months :happydance: Thanks for coming by to let us know! We missed you on the boards.

Clarkey - Not at all! No hard feelings…I *totally* understand as the days I didn't have MS once it started dwindling away, I panicked too. It's hard to find a happy medium!!! 4 more days until your scan - it will be so awesome to see your little bean. Looking forward to your update :hugs:

Hi ladies!
It's been a long time since I checked in but I just wanted to say hi and possibly join the group :flower: I finally got my :BFP: first thing this morning and I am so excited. Glad to see you are all doing well!

Oh wow, Smimms :D You´re finally here.
Welcome :happydance:

Hi ladies!

Congratulations! Heres to a happy and healthy 9 months! xx

Thanks ladies! I confirmed with digital this morning yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->