Expecting #1 and over 30

Wow Sara! Congrats. So happy for you to join us. :flower:

Pilot I love your name choices.

O Clarkey I never got m/s either! I'm thankful now that I'm passed the 12week point but I was worried up until that point. I did get a lot of headaches and still do but all other symptoms come and go. We are just one of the lucky ones. :thumbup: Only a few more days until your appointment :happydance:

Chezek So glad your weekend went well. It's about time :winkwink: I have no idea where to start when it comes to classes. We just finally decided not to have an additional testing done, right at the last second. Maternity clothes are much more comfortable, I've been shopping the sales too since I work underground I can wear whatever all year round so still buying some summer clothes.

Sam how exciting to be team yellow! We are finding out the end of October and I can barely stand to wait until then. We are doing a Thanksgiving reveal to the family with my sis (who lives out of town) on skype. I'm going to make mini pies for everyone with pink or blue in there somehow.

Everything here is going great! Got the stone on our house this week and they are installing our cabinets Friday and the baby is growing like crazy. I've gained 15lbs already, whoops. I've been walking a few miles a day and eating good so there isn't much I can do really. It's all belly though so that's good. Did any of you have annoucement pictures done? I've been thinking about it since we havent annouced to extended family members and fb.

P.S. I'm already a peach. Crazy!

Hey all!! How is everyone doing? Im nervous/excited for my first u/s tomorrow morning :happydance: I will keep everyone posted tomorrow!! I may not sleep tonight.

So how did it go Clarkey????

I made it through 36 hours of travel alive. Feeling much better after 9 hours of sleep as I only got 1 hour in that previous 48 hour period! Hope everyone is well. :hugs:

Breezy - A thanksgiving reveal sounds exciting. You have to keep us posted about how you put the pink or blue in the mini pies.

Clarkey - Good luck with the scan tomorrow. It's so nerve wracking, but I'm sure you will get good results.

Sooo..had my u/s today and baby is 8weeks (1 day ahead) and heartrate 160..:happydance: Couldnt believe it! So excited. The tech said with a higher heart rate it may be a girl. my hubby was little bummed lol. im having another scan in 2 weeks as there was a 1 cm implantation bleed in my uterus (which is common) but they want to check it. i will get to see my LO again.

Mrs Chezek- glad u feel better after your sleep. Must be exhausting. :hugs:

Breezy- I do feel better after the u/s since not having many symptoms. I guess we are just lucky and our babes are doing well!!:hugs:

Yay for a good u/s Clarkey! :hugs: I had one of those bleeds - is it a placental lake? It just disappeared after a couple weeks! But it did get me more viewing time with bean too :thumbup:

Breezy - I haven't decided how to deal with the reveal...your idea sounds so cute!!! :happydance:

:hug: to all!

Clarkey So so relieved to hear your appointment went well. My little C (that;s what we are calling baby for now) h/b was 165 on the last visit. I'm really hoping for a girl but have thought since day 1 it's a boy. Guess time will tell, I'll really be happy either way! I am 14 weeks today and still no sickness, it really is nice. They say no m/s it's a girl. There are so many tales out there, I've had some fun looking into them.

Chezek Hope you are having an amazing trip! You can use my reveal, I won't tell. :haha: I wanted it to be a time when what family we do have will be together and still give my sis plenty of time before the shower. When do you find out again, I know it has to be soon.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Hi everyone!
Glad to here you are all doing well!! Haven't posted on here for a while but I just don't know where the time is going at the moment!!!
Had my 12 week NHS scan lasts week and all looked well. We decided to get the Downs test done privately as they are more accurate and test for more chromosome abdomalities. They also do an in depth anatomy check (as my nephew has some problems linked with spina bifida we wanted this looked at). All test results were fine - and the anatomy check looked good too!! Baby was jumping around all over the place!! Saw feet and toes - couldn't believe the detail!! We also asked the sonographer if she could tell us the gender and it looks like we are having a little girl!!!!!! For some reason I had convinced myself we were having a boy so I was a bit shocked. I felt a little disappointed too - which I have felt so guilty about. I totally wasn't ready for that feeling as I know I am happy as long as the baby is healthy! Very weird in deed! My mother didn't help as when I told her we were having a girl she said "better luck nxt time!!!" couldn't believe it! I was so annoyed with her!! Anyway, getting used to calling baby she now and trying to think of girls names!!

I also had the test done for pre eclampsia (as my mother had it) and this came back high risk - this has worried me! Going to speak to my midwife about it nxt week at my appt and have also booked more scans just to keep an eye on things!

Hope everyone has a lovely week (and welcome to all the new ladies!!)

xxx

Breezy - I would LOVE to steal your reveal idea but we won't be seeing both sides of the family until Christmas and that is just waaaay too long to wait :( I'll keep thinking on it…

Joey - glad your appts went well and your bean is looking good! SOrry to hear about the pre eclampsia high risk but now that you know you are in that category, you can keep an eye on things and help prevent it. Better that than finding out too late! So you're in a good place :hugs: We had the downs and trisomy tests done too and everything came back normal - such a big weight off the shoulders, isn't it??

AFM, we're finally moved into our apartment which we'll be staying in for two weeks. My big to do this morning is to unpack! It will be nice to not live out of a suitcase and sleep in a different bed each night which has been the case for since Tuesday! My m/s hasn't resurfaced and other than mild headaches, I can't complain too much. It's SUPER HARD to be here though and not let myself eat the many many things I love! I'm trying SO hard to be good but I have had a bite or two of things I normally would not have had back home. I just can't resist knowing this stuff isn't available to me in the US :dohh: But moderation is key right? As long as it's not raw….ok ladies, stay well and do pop by!

:hug:

Chez - congrats on the apartment, but why only for 2 weeks?

AFM - I may be weird, but I refused to do the downs and trisomy check completely. To me it doesn´t matter if the baby has either. I will not abort it for anything.
The midwife was adamant that I get the check (it costs extra), and when I said no thanks, she spent 5 minutes trying to convince me to have one.
I finally told her, that no matter what came out of those tests, it wouldn´t change a thing, so I would rather just not know.
I don´t know. To me it just doesn´t matter...

Happy Monday everyone!

I did the same thing Pilot I'm completely happy with our choice.

Yes Chezek we orginally thought Christmas but even though I'm behind you it was a little later than I wanted. My sister will be in Holland but the rest of my close family will get together for Thanksgiving so that time works out perfect for us. Plus, then we only have to keep quiet for a month. :thumbup: So glad the m/s appears to be gone for good. I have miserable headaches, the doctor offered me meds but I'm not a huge fan so i just suffer. Hope yours remain mild.

Joey I'm afraid when we get to that point I will be disappointed too. I've been really hoping for a girl but have this gut feeling I'm having a boy and have since day 1. Although some doctors say that the h/b says a lot and ours was 165 last time. What was yours? Dh and I decided on a girls name last night and I'm working on conviencing him of my boy name now. :haha:

We finally made a fb annoucement yesterday! It was so fun. I went with.....we have a little shamrock on it's way, due for arrival St. Paddys day! I loved seeing everyones comments, it made my day.

preg_pilot - we're traveling abroad for 3 weeks. We spent the first several days visiting family and now we rented an apt for 2 weeks while DH takes an intensive language course here in Poland. He's learning Polish (my native language) so that he can understand our baby as I plan to speak to it in Polish only :winkwink: Plus, much of my extended family doesn't speak English so it will be nice for him to be able to chat with them. As far as the tests go, I knew I would keep the baby if it had downs or trisomy but I know there are severe cases of spina bifida in which the quality of life of the child would just be way too low and in that case I would consider abortion. So I wanted the test. Plus, if I did have a downs, etc baby, I'd want to be prepared - read up on it, etc. BUT you are right, it is down to personal choice and your midwife shouldn't have pushed it on you! It's whatever we're each comfortable with :hugs:

Breezy - I have a history of migraines so I worry that if I let a mild headache go for too long, it will turn into a migraine :nope: So if it goes on for over 2 days, I take one Tylenol. But I hate taking it…I don't want to take any drugs. But I know that if I let it get out of hand and I get a migraine, I'll have to take more stuff!!! And congrats on going public - didn't it feel great? I love being able to say whatever I want to anyone now…I hated keeping the secret.

AFM, I'm still good. Not being very good about putting my feet up and paid for it last night as I had calf cramps all night. Going to do a bit of yoga now and then shower to go meet my aunt for coffee. So cool to be here where I have so much family!!! I mean I'm used to just having my parents around and an odd aunt, uncle and cousin not too far away but my closest extended family has always been in Europe since I was 9 years old (that's when we moved to the US). My visits here have always been brief and filled with trying to see everyone so it's SO NICE to just relax and sort of live here for 2 weeks and casually see folks. Not to mention share the news…happy times :happydance:

How is everyone else? Especially the quiet ones?? Hope all is well :hug:

MrsChezek - Yay for a new language :D

I agree with being prepared for any eventuality.
I already know a lot about all sorts of disabilities, such as autism, downs, etc.
My sister is lightly handicapped (mentally), and has a lot of different friends :)
I love every single one of them, and they taught me so much more than anybody else could have.
I would like to believe, that I would be better prepared to handle a different child than the average person :)

Wow it's been busy on here!

Clarkey -glad to hear your u/s went well.

Joey - It is such a relief when everything goes well with the scans. I think you worry that little bit less.

Chezek - Enjoy your trip. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time catching up with your family.

AFM - I'm feeling movement everyday now which is really exciting. It puts my mind a little at ease as I'm always so concerned about something going wrong. We've had a bit of a whooping cough epidemic at my school. At last count there were 7 students and 1 staff member. So I have been moved into isolation in the hope that I don't get it. I'm supposed to be going home next week to meet my new niece/nephew (due any day now). So I really hoping that I don't start to show any symptoms as this is the only chance I will get to meet him or her until after I have my LO. Fx'd that I stay healthy.

MrsChezek - Yay for a new language :D

I agree with being prepared for any eventuality.
I already know a lot about all sorts of disabilities, such as autism, downs, etc.
My sister is lightly handicapped (mentally), and has a lot of different friends :)
I love every single one of them, and they taught me so much more than anybody else could have.
I would like to believe, that I would be better prepared to handle a different child than the average person :)

Sounds like you totally are!!! :hugs: I only know some through stories as many of my friends work with kids with disabilities: speech pathologists and a therapist that life coaches those who are legally blind. But I don't have any first hand experience...

sam - hope you don't catch anything! Stay well :hugs: I'm super jealous of you feeling the baby move...I keep waiting. No idea what it will feel like so we'll see when I actually register a kick. Can't wait!

poppy - so were you able to get in and see your doc? or your midwife again about the epilepsy? Hope your fatigue isn't too bad! :hugs:

Smimms - what is your due date? I'd like to add you to our list of EDDs. Have you had any doc appts?

MD - how is the new biz?

We've decided to cook a meal at our apt tonight - I found a farmers market type place and bought a bunch of stuff. Quite the experience! Reminded me of the street markets in Italy, everyone trying to get your attention by shouting. I now have to go to a supermarket to get butter, oil, salt, pepper, etc…

I did a toning for pregnancy video this morning and it felt good. I'm tired but it's a good kind of tired. I'm definitely getting a hang of this pregnancy thing more and more each day.

Hope everyone else is well! :hug:

poppy - so were you able to get in and see your doc? or your midwife again about the epilepsy? Hope your fatigue isn't too bad!

hi fatigue is bad but thanks for asking! Not seen dr or midwife yet but got booking in appt next thurs. Got another scan next wed as have had some bleeding which has now stopped but there is a chance it could be twins! Will speak to midwife about epilepsy next week.xx

I was just rifling through the thread enjoying all of the u/s pictures. So adorable!! I cannot wait to have one.
I'm curious, did anyone not get hcg levels checked? I called my doc to tell them I had a positive frer and they automatically scheduled me for paperwork on Oct. 2nd. I asked for bloodwork and they said a bfp is enough and they will see me in 3 weeks. I do have Kaiser though :dohh:
I have poas obsessively thanks to this crazy wait :wacko:

My EDD is 5.21.13

Its the same in the uk Sara so us Brits know how you feel!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->