Expecting #1 and over 30

Thanks for asking, Breezy. I don't have my appointment until Sept. 24th. :cry: The docs so want us to attend a prenatal class with other early expecting women on 9/6. On one hand I think this could be great--I'd love to meet other expecting women! On the other hand I think the main point is to keep our first visits short by getting us to ask questions with other people.

So, here's a question for you: I'm new in this town, and I started going to a private obgyn practice with four women docs. I like the ones I've met, and I like that they want you to meet them all while pregnant because whoever is on call is who will deliver your LO. I live in fear of having an unknown man deliver my baby, and I don't ever go to male doctors if I can possibly help it. (I've got a history--unknown men up in my business is extremely upsetting).

I'm wondering about interviewing the local midwives, too. Unfortunately, we don't have a birthing center here (!!!), and I'm not interested in a home birth. But, I'd like to have a natural birth, and I guess it will need to be in one of the local hospitals.

Is it too soon to interview the midwives? Is it weird to do that if I've got an okay situation with my obgyn team? What did you ladies do about all this?

Ozone alert here, too!

Thanks everyone!! Do you remember what your levels were at each DPO?

Mine were 83 15dpo, 263 17dpo, 55,066 31dpo

my 17DPO was 213... So its kinda in the same boat as yours..thank you so much. :hugs:

Yes very close! I say it was later implantation :winkwink:
Did they test your progestrone?

i am on progesterone supps so they havent tested my progesterone at my clinic. But I had an appt at my family doctors on Wed to get a referral to an OBGYN and had more blood work done...still waiting on the results :wacko:...

my 17DPO was 213... So its kinda in the same boat as yours..thank you so much. :hugs:

i am on progesterone supps so they havent tested my progesterone at my clinic. But I had an appt at my family doctors on Wed to get a referral to an OBGYN and had more blood work done...still waiting on the results :wacko:...

I forgot you were on supps. What did you have bloodwork done for this time? I just finally went for my hiv and glocouse testing yesterday. I was suppose to go weeks ago but totally forgot (I think it's my pregnant brain :wacko:)
Funny how the waiting game has changed isn't it!

I forgot you were on supps. What did you have bloodwork done for this time? I just finally went for my hiv and glocouse testing yesterday. I was suppose to go weeks ago but totally forgot (I think it's my pregnant brain :wacko:)

He just wanted to check everything and have his own baseline as he didnt have any of the blood work from the fertility clinic. Im praying my HCG goes up!!! i know this waiting game never goes away..lol. Good luck with your results..:hugs: Do you have many symptoms now?

Chezek I love mine, they are super comfy! Of course, I already can't fit in any of my jeans and I didn't care for the band either so I went for maturnity jeans, much better. How's the trip going? I'm super jealous over here :winkwink:

Pilot Thought I was the only one gaining weight so quickly. I've added another few miles a day to my walk to try and keep it under control, all I want is crap food and mostly Mexician right now.

We are under an ozone alert and it''s nasty here. I never thought I would say I'm ready for winter but I sure am right now!

Pbl and Poppy When are your first appointments?

I finally got over my cravings for sweet breads and sugary sweetnesses.
Now I´ve finally been able to cut out white wheat (only whole wheat, and just a little of that), and sugar (except for the sugar that´s inherent in every food you eat...).
When I get back on ... mmm... wow... tomorrrow morning I guess, can´t remember which day that is I´m adding a swim routine, about 30-40 minutes. I´m also stepping on the scales again tomorrow to see if this is working at all.

Thanks for asking, Breezy. I don't have my appointment until Sept. 24th. :cry: The docs so want us to attend a prenatal class with other early expecting women on 9/6. On one hand I think this could be great--I'd love to meet other expecting women! On the other hand I think the main point is to keep our first visits short by getting us to ask questions with other people.

So, here's a question for you: I'm new in this town, and I started going to a private obgyn practice with four women docs. I like the ones I've met, and I like that they want you to meet them all while pregnant because whoever is on call is who will deliver your LO. I live in fear of having an unknown man deliver my baby, and I don't ever go to male doctors if I can possibly help it. (I've got a history--unknown men up in my business is extremely upsetting).

I'm wondering about interviewing the local midwives, too. Unfortunately, we don't have a birthing center here (!!!), and I'm not interested in a home birth. But, I'd like to have a natural birth, and I guess it will need to be in one of the local hospitals.

Is it too soon to interview the midwives? Is it weird to do that if I've got an okay situation with my obgyn team? What did you ladies do about all this?

Ozone alert here, too!

I don´t know. If there isn´t a birth center there, where would the midwives deliver? In the hospital? I hope everything works out for you.
I have a wonderful midwife to attend my homebirth. Can hardly wait.

AFM. I got my doppler fetal baby monitor last night, and I´ve already used it twice :) So nice to hear my baby´s heartbeat in the morning, makes me smile just thinking about it :D
I´m going to have to find where I can buy some more of that gel that came with the monitor, I think I´ll finish this pack in about a week or two (max).

I've seen my GP and now just have to wait to hear from the midwife. Should be in 4ish weeks.

So far I have managed to avoid really bad ms with just feeling a bit crap in the evening. So I was very annoyed to get food poisoning this weekend!!!! Spent all Saturday night throwing up, having cramps and not sleeping! Felt rubbish all day - have been trying to keep drinking but really haven't wanted to eat!!! Hope this goes soon!

Hope you are all ok xx

The trip's going great! Thx for asking Breezy! Been telling all our friends and they are all SO excited that it's making me even more excited!!! One of our old neighbors had a baby boy on Friday so we went to shop for a gift and it took A LOT of strength not to buy a bunch of stuff for my bean!!! I'm trying to be good until we learn the gender. Def counting days til that! :coffee:

Hope everyone had a great weekend! xoxo

The trip's going great! Thx for asking Breezy! Been telling all our friends and they are all SO excited that it's making me even more excited!!! One of our old neighbors had a baby boy on Friday so we went to shop for a gift and it took A LOT of strength not to buy a bunch of stuff for my bean!!! I'm trying to be good until we learn the gender. Def counting days til that! :coffee:

Hope everyone had a great weekend! xoxo

Really pleased you are having a good time! I can't wait until we can buy things - may have to get something soon, don't think I can wait much longer!!!

xx

He just wanted to check everything and have his own baseline as he didnt have any of the blood work from the fertility clinic. Im praying my HCG goes up!!! i know this waiting game never goes away..lol. Good luck with your results..:hugs: Do you have many symptoms now?

All my tests came back fine. I don't have HIV, bad iron or whatever else they tested me for. Funny thing I didn't even ask what all of it was for since there wasn't any problems I don't really care. :winkwink:
Not really any symptoms. I'm really excited and nervous for our appointment this Thursday, nervous something will be wrong and excited that if not we get to hear the heartbeat. It's already going by so fast.
When do you get your results?

Joey I sure hope you get to feeling better soon! Food poisioning is the worst.

Chezek That is so super exciting! I can't wait until we can tell the world and we intend to after our appointment Thursday. My dad called this morning and asked when he can finally start telling people, I'm glad he hasn't slipped this far. I bought some plain white onsies this weekend because I had a good coupon but until I know what it is I don't want to shop. I'm not really into the uni-sex items as much except for sports wear (i can make the boyish stuff girly if i need too). How long until you get to find out?

Pbl I would do whatever you are comfortable with. I wish my clinic was all women, it's about half and half but I love the clinic. I don't think it's ever to early even if you are getting a head start. I lack education when it comes to widwives it is so uncommon here.

Pilot How fun is that! I originally looked to purchase one online but no one I know had used one before.

Feeling some painful cramps down there in the night and today.
Standing up and stretching hurts a lot.
I think this is what they refer to as stretching pains ;)

I am sooo tired today, worked all weekend so glad of the day off.

One week until my scan cannot wait and looking forward to telling people!

12 weeks today!

I'm back at work a week today. Do I tell the headteacher as I'm likely to have my booking in appt within a fortnight?

Hi ladies! Sorry it's been so long! So much going on, but all is going well. Tell work next week about leaving (and about being preggo, hoping that will lighten the blow). And, then we move in a couple more weeks. Craziness. Feeling good. Having some trouble sleeping - just trying to get comfy, but nothing to complain about. Glad to hear you are all doing well and that appts have gone well! Mrs.C - Im jealy! I need to buy maternity jeans!! I have been living out of dresses and workout pants - nothing else is comfy. Definitely have a bump now. Will post a pic soon. MrsC - has ms lightened up at all yet? If not already, I am sure the light is right around the corner for you. Everyone else feeling good?

Poppy and Clarkey!!!! Yay!!! Congratulations and welcome! :happydance: I realize I'm a bit late in congratulating you, but so excited to see you both here!! Glad all is going great so far. I also have had moments, days, weeks, of not feeling pregnant. It all comes and goes and the worrying gets less and less with each week. Enjoy as much as you can!

:hug: to all of you ladies!

Oh, forgot, Breezy - glad all went well telling sd! It's funny, I kind of feel like we are having a boy too. I keep calling the baby a he or him. That might just be because I have two nephews whom I am really close to.

Does anyone else have a feeling one way or the other? Who is finding out? We are staying team yellow. :)

I'm back at work a week today. Do I tell the headteacher as I'm likely to have my booking in appt within a fortnight?

What do people think? I'm 5 weeks tomorrow. Its really playing on my mind. She's a lovely lady but not sure I can trust her not to say anything. Teaching 25 children aged 5&6 is going to be hard work!!

What do people think? I'm 5 weeks tomorrow. Its really playing on my mind. She's a lovely lady but not sure I can trust her not to say anything. Teaching 25 children aged 5&6 is going to be hard work!!

I wouldn't tell her until I felt bad enough that I needed her to understand why I'm not functioning to my fullest. So depending on how you feel, I'd either wait or prepare her. Just be clear that you are telling her in confidence and that no one outside of your SO knows. GL!

Clarkey - how are you feeling? You had rounds of bloodwork already right? And everything doubled beautifully correct? I recall you getting bloodwork done at your family doc and waiting for results...

pbl - how are you? did the bleeding stop? I'm thinking of you :hugs: RE: midwives. I'm in your shoes in that I want as natural of a birth as I can but in a hospital. I don't have access to a birthing center and am not willing to give birth at home. I thought a midwife would be the way to go but apparently the thing to do is to get a doula. They would coach you into dealing with the birth naturally as well as serve as the middle man between you and the hospital staff once you're admitted so they don't bully you into choices you don't want to make. At the same time, they will tell you when the 'less natural' choice is better for you and stuff. So they are like a knowledgeable best friend that sticks with you the whole nine yards.

poppy - I can't believe you're almost 5 weeks already! How's eating been? Better? Good luck at school - I'm sure it will be hard so make sure to eat a lot of small meals/snacks throughout the day rather than wait for big meals. I found that to help alleviate things a bit.

Breezy - how are you feeling? still no ms? You lucky duck! I'm totally excited for fall to kick in…the temps to be nice and warm but with a bit of a chill. I just hope we don't get anymore 90+ heat waves!!! I really don't want to buy maternity summer clothes…I had my HIV, STD, etc panel two weeks ago and today I had my nuchial scan and first tri bloodwork (testing for downs, trisomy, etc). Everything looked good to me and the ultrasonographer didn't say too much but the nurse who took my blood said that if anything looked bad, they wouldn't have let me leave right away so it should be ok. All these tests are so nerve-wrecking!

preg_pilot - I really should get a scale. I left my old one behind when we moved as I didn't really like it and just haven't ordered a new one. It was kind of nice not to have numbers stare at me! But I should get one to keep track of my pregnancy weight. Right now, i've been just waiting to see the doc to check.

Joey - hope you're feeling all better! Has ms showed it's ugly face or was it just the stomach bug?

sportys - yay for ultrasound in a few days! do share your pics :hugs:

MD - my ms turned off like a switch about a week or so ago! It's been wonderful to eat normal food and simply function like a human being again! I'm so excited for all your changes!!! How fun :happydance: GL with it all!!! We are definitely going to find out the gender…hopefully in another month or so. I can't wait!

AFM, we got home last night or I should say this morning. It was the flight from hell! ALL the computer systems were down and so we didn't take off for 2 hours, then when we landed we had to deal with lost luggage. Didn't get home until 3am!!!! And I had to get up early for my first tri screening appt. I'm exhausted and off to try to nap.

:hug: to everyone!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"