Expecting #1 and over 30

Hey. I washed my first batch of woolen diapers the day before yesterday, and something went wrong with those. They are now the proper size for a premie... no way they would fit my LO (let´s make that big), when he´s born.
I´m in the process of making larger ones, that I´m going to wash at a lower temperature, and hope those don´t shrink quite as much... ;)

I had some pretty intense contractions last night. Eased off a bit when I took a bath, but were getting closer and closer together by the time i decided to go to bed (2am).
I woke a few times in the night because I was gritting my teeth quite hard, and then realized I was gritting my teeth because of strong contractions going on.
I´m still getting a few contractions every now and then, but nothing regular yet.
These are different from what I´ve been feeling before. Causing much more pressure in my pelvis, and it´s nearly impossible to walk when they´re going on.
I also can´t drive at all any more. Had real trouble with it yesterday, and unless the contractions stop again, I won´t be driving until LO has arrived.

It´s good to hear that things are going well for you, fx for good news from the scan :)
I hear ya on being beat up from the inside.
Last week I was just feeling tired of being pregnant, but this week I actually feel truly ready and excited to meet our little baby boy.
Can´t wait to cuddle him from the outside, as well as from the inside :baby:

Oh no on the shrinking wool pants!!! I guess that is something to think about :dohh: Let me know how this second batch goes...what wool are you using?

And I can't believe you've been in early labor for so long! Your LO is a shy one :happydance: I hope he comes out to play soon!! :hugs: And probably best not to be driving in case he does decide to come while you're out on the road!!

Hi was in this TTC group haven't been around for a while but got my BFP on Saturday - can I join you?

Hey. I washed my first batch of woolen diapers the day before yesterday, and something went wrong with those. They are now the proper size for a premie... no way they would fit my LO (let´s make that big), when he´s born.
I´m in the process of making larger ones, that I´m going to wash at a lower temperature, and hope those don´t shrink quite as much... ;)

I had some pretty intense contractions last night. Eased off a bit when I took a bath, but were getting closer and closer together by the time i decided to go to bed (2am).
I woke a few times in the night because I was gritting my teeth quite hard, and then realized I was gritting my teeth because of strong contractions going on.
I´m still getting a few contractions every now and then, but nothing regular yet.
These are different from what I´ve been feeling before. Causing much more pressure in my pelvis, and it´s nearly impossible to walk when they´re going on.
I also can´t drive at all any more. Had real trouble with it yesterday, and unless the contractions stop again, I won´t be driving until LO has arrived.

It´s good to hear that things are going well for you, fx for good news from the scan :)
I hear ya on being beat up from the inside.
Last week I was just feeling tired of being pregnant, but this week I actually feel truly ready and excited to meet our little baby boy.
Can´t wait to cuddle him from the outside, as well as from the inside :baby:

Oh no on the shrinking wool pants!!! I guess that is something to think about :dohh: Let me know how this second batch goes...what wool are you using?

And I can't believe you've been in early labor for so long! Your LO is a shy one :happydance: I hope he comes out to play soon!! :hugs: And probably best not to be driving in case he does decide to come while you're out on the road!!

Second batch went quite well. Looks proper for a newborn at least (says the one who´s never handled newborns before). So, I´ve got 5 new diapers soaking in Lanolin a.t.m. and am starting on the next size now.
I washed this new batch with cotton at 40°C.
The wool I´m using is called "lettlopi" and is basically a thin thread of spun sheeps wool.
here is a little info on it https://www.istex.is/pages/enska/prjonaband-2005/lett-lopi-enska/

Just a couple of contractions today. Nothing serious. I´m going to take a bath now, and listen to my hypno-cd while there.
I´ve distilled myself to use candle flicker as a trigger to relax deeply.

Hi was in this TTC group haven't been around for a while but got my BFP on Saturday - can I join you?

For my part, welcome to the group and happy and healthy 9 months Loukachu :hugs:

Loukachu - I remember your name! Welcome and congrats!!!! :hugs: Did you tell the TTC girls? They could use some positive BFP news over there to boost morale. I wish they could all come join us!!! Hopefully soon :) H&H 9 months!!!!

Pilot - so its regular wool, not something special? It says new wool - does that mean something special? I know nothing about yarn, wool or knitting and I'm going to have to instruct and translate things to my aunt in Polish! So unfortunately I need to learn in order to guide her :dohh:

So things went well at doc appt except my AFI (amniotic fluid level) was a bit high for 33 weeks so he's having me retested next week to make sure it doesn't get higher. He's not worried though so neither am I...staying positive :flower:

Welcome Lou!! Congrats!

Mrs C- glad things went well with ur appt. What would happen if the fluid is too high? I know too low is not good. Im sure things will be fine especially if the Dr is not worried :hugs:

Hi ladies,
Thank you for the welcomes.
Still all feels so odd to me at the moment almost like it is not real!

Hey Lou - still feels like that to me too, not sure it's ever going to feel real!

Loukachu - I remember your name! Welcome and congrats!!!! :hugs: Did you tell the TTC girls? They could use some positive BFP news over there to boost morale. I wish they could all come join us!!! Hopefully soon :) H&H 9 months!!!!

Pilot - so its regular wool, not something special? It says new wool - does that mean something special? I know nothing about yarn, wool or knitting and I'm going to have to instruct and translate things to my aunt in Polish! So unfortunately I need to learn in order to guide her :dohh:

So things went well at doc appt except my AFI (amniotic fluid level) was a bit high for 33 weeks so he's having me retested next week to make sure it doesn't get higher. He's not worried though so neither am I...staying positive :flower:

Nope, just regular sheeps wool. Finely spun, so it´s a strong medium thick thread.
I hope your fluid level reduces :hugs:

Almost 39 weeks Pilot..wow! anything yet? You should take a belly shot before you have your little one...would love to see it!

Almost 39 weeks Pilot..wow! anything yet? You should take a belly shot before you have your little one...would love to see it!

I´ll definitely be taking a belly pic before LO arrives.
If I don´t start labor tonight, the next picture is due in the morning. :)
I´m also going to take the last picture once labor has really started, just for comparison.

Welcome Lou!! Congrats!

Mrs C- glad things went well with ur appt. What would happen if the fluid is too high? I know too low is not good. Im sure things will be fine especially if the Dr is not worried :hugs:

High levels could result in preterm labor due to premature rupture of membranes and other stuff. But usually they mean nothing - over 65% of cases have an unknown cause! But it could be caused by congenital defects or Rh factor issues or gest diabetes.

:flower:

Nothing too exciting to report here. I went for acupuncture yesterday and picked up my TENS machine for labour on Thursday. I'm ready to go but this lo doesn't seem to want to have his/her appearance anytime soon.

Welcome to the newcomers. I'm not sure how long you were ttc conceive but honestly it didn't feel real to me until I felt the first kicks. Even at the 12 week scan I could see a lo in there I was still terrified something would go wrong.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Nothing too exciting to report here. I went for acupuncture yesterday and picked up my TENS machine for labour on Thursday. I'm ready to go but this lo doesn't seem to want to have his/her appearance anytime soon.

Welcome to the newcomers. I'm not sure how long you were ttc conceive but honestly it didn't feel real to me until I felt the first kicks. Even at the 12 week scan I could see a lo in there I was still terrified something would go wrong.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

I felt the same until I started feeling regular kicks.
Helped calm my nerves when I bought the fetal doppler to use at home. :)

Hiw many tests did you guys do? I have made my husband hide my thermometer now as was becoming obsessive over my temp and didn't think that was helping.

Have some nausea/ queasiness kicking in over the last couple of days and really painful boobs...

Hiw many tests did you guys do? I have made my husband hide my thermometer now as was becoming obsessive over my temp and didn't think that was helping.

Have some nausea/ queasiness kicking in over the last couple of days and really painful boobs...

Hehe, I think I stopped after the 8th test ... :blush:

I took about 8 tests FRER, 1 every 48 hours to see the line get darker. i also took 3 digital, 1 every week to see the 3+ :blush: I went a little crazy but it made me feel better to see everything progressing! i know how you feel just waiting and waiting and not knowing whats going on in there.:hugs:

I did another test today. Showed pregnant within 10 seconds and a very dark line. Am going to relax a bit now.

Honestly, didn't realise how surreal it would feel. Always thought I would accept it after one test!

I did another test today. Showed pregnant within 10 seconds and a very dark line. Am going to relax a bit now.

Honestly, didn't realise how surreal it would feel. Always thought I would accept it after one test!

Didn´t feel real to me until I could feel the first kicks :hugs:
besides, it feels awesome to see that beautiful line again and again :)

39 weeks yesterday.
Phew.

Feeling calm though. LO is getting quite low in my pelvis. I have a feeling it´s 3-4 days max until he arrives now.

Newest bump picture for those interested :)

39w.jpg

Didn´t feel real to me until I could feel the first kicks :hugs:
besides, it feels awesome to see that beautiful line again and again :)

Yes, it was good to see how quickly it appeared and how dark it was.
Your bump looks amazing :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->