Expecting #1 and over 30

I went in to see my doc the day after I got my BFP and they did a bloodtest with a follow up two days later to see if the numbers were doubling so I guess after the first two tests I didn't feel the need to POAS. Then he booked me in for an u/s right away to see if it was ectopic or anything. But I was nervous until 12 weeks!

Pilot look at that bump! Keep us posted :)

I went in to see my doc the day after I got my BFP and they did a bloodtest with a follow up two days later to see if the numbers were doubling so I guess after the first two tests I didn't feel the need to POAS. Then he booked me in for an u/s right away to see if it was ectopic or anything. But I was nervous until 12 weeks!

Pilot look at that bump! Keep us posted :)

I am seeing doc for the first time on Tuesday!

I did another test today. Showed pregnant within 10 seconds and a very dark line. Am going to relax a bit now.

Honestly, didn't realise how surreal it would feel. Always thought I would accept it after one test!

Didn´t feel real to me until I could feel the first kicks :hugs:
besides, it feels awesome to see that beautiful line again and again :)

Yes, it was good to see how quickly it appeared and how dark it was.
Your bump looks amazing :flower:

Don´t be alarmed though. The first 3 tests got progressively darker, but then they got irregular in color and timing. That doesn´t really have anything to do with HcG in your urine, it has more to do with the different sensitivities of the tests :hugs:

And thanks :) Wish my skin was a bit less torn, but that was something I knew would happen, so I can´t really complain.

Think it will feel a bit more real when I see the doctor.
Are you uncomfortable?

Think it will feel a bit more real when I see the doctor.
Are you uncomfortable?

Yep, when a doctor finally confirms it, it´ll feel a little more real. Though nothing compared to when you finally feel LO kicking :)
Skin is just really really itchy most of the time, but some areas do feel like my skin is healing after a cut. (especially nearest the bottom of my belly).

Nice bump pilot!! Thanks :)

Yay for your Dr appt Lou! keep us posted!

I woke up with two brown spots in my undies this morning and as my CM changed in consistency and color yesterday evening, I decided to call my doc. They asked me to come in; which I did and everything looks good. But that was a bit stressful!

Otherwise, nothing new to report...still trying to tie the million loose ends before LO gets here in 5-6 weeks! :happydance:

Pilot - my belly is starting to get a bit more itchy...I feel like an old man when I catch myself standing there itching it while chatting to someone! :haha: So graceful :winkwink:

Lou - good luck at your doctor's tomorrow!

*EDIT: anyone finding their tickers aren't working correctly? Mine seems to be stuck on 52 days...

I woke up with two brown spots in my undies this morning and as my CM changed in consistency and color yesterday evening, I decided to call my doc. They asked me to come in; which I did and everything looks good. But that was a bit stressful!

Otherwise, nothing new to report...still trying to tie the million loose ends before LO gets here in 5-6 weeks! :happydance:

Pilot - my belly is starting to get a bit more itchy...I feel like an old man when I catch myself standing there itching it while chatting to someone! :haha: So graceful :winkwink:

Lou - good luck at your doctor's tomorrow!

*EDIT: anyone finding their tickers aren't working correctly? Mine seems to be stuck on 52 days...

Good to hear that things are fine :hugs:
You know, since it´s your first pregnancy, that it´s more likely to be closer to 42 weeks than it would be 38 weeks ;) (a bit more planning time, eh?)

Yep, get aloe vera gel, or baby oil to put on your belly asap, it worked wonders for me, though it didn´t really stop the stretchmarks from appearing. Itch is loads better though.
I do the same thing, can´t stop scratching my belly wherever I am. Was constantly scratching when the midwife was here earlier for the last hypnobirthing session... hehe

Had a dream I was bleeding last night. Freaked me out a bit. Think I am apprehensive about the doctor and all these aches and pains are so new, I have no idea what is normal!

Had a dream I was bleeding last night. Freaked me out a bit. Think I am apprehensive about the doctor and all these aches and pains are so new, I have no idea what is normal!

In the first 2 trimesters I had a bunch of really freaky dreams.
Mostly about having the baby, or having an alien, or having a monster of some sorts.
All really freaky and uncomfortable (except the one where I gave birth to a healthy baby boy), but always just dreams, only dreams. :hugs:

Oh Mrs chezek that must have been so scary. Glad things are fine :hugs:

I also find my belly itchy, especially my sides. I scratch them so much I make a rash appear.

I think my ticker is working fine. Is yours fixed now mrs chezek?

Lou - good luck with the doc appointment. It starts to feel real a little bit more real as time goes on. I did 3 tests and took pics on my phone so that I could check I hadn’t been dreaming or imagining it. my doc did blood tests the day after my first bfp so after my hgc doubles I relaxed a bit. DH didn't consider the pregnancy “confirmed” until the 9 weeks and when we started telling people at 12 weeks i finally felt more like a mamma-to-be then just suffering from a bad hang over.

bubbles - How are you doing? I can't believe they won't even let you do blood work. I agree with waiting for 9 weeks for a scan though. You should be able to hear the heartbeat at that point and if you do your risk of mc drops dramatically.

My unsolicited advice for first trimester: I’m sure you figured put by now, AF-like cramps are normal so don’t panic. Invest in a pregnancy safe muscle rub/ massage oil – you’ll need to get OH to use it on you often. Though a lot of it comes down to being lucky or unlucky, eating small meals often helps with morning sickness. Get a few days’ worth of bump-friendly clothes and a belly band ready while you still have energy. I didn’t buy maternity clothes too early because I was so scared of something going wrong and expected to only have to worry about it at week 16 (stupid books). Around week 10 overnight I suddenly couldn’t fit into anything in my wardrobe, couldn’t take off work to go shopping and when I did have time was too exhausted to do a good job of it. My friend was a life saver for coming along and helping my very mushy pregnant brain decide if things were suitable or not. Also I only found out about this in my 2nd trimester when I was feeling better so can’t 100% say if it will work but they say that Blackthornberry extract is great for pregnancy fatigue. It’s mostly recommended to breastfeeding woman as an ingredient in “jungle Juice” to increase milk supply but is a safe tonic for pregnant woman except those that are diabetics (because of its sugar content).

Mrschezek – sorry you’ve been having a rough time but glad to hear you’re ok. I can’t believe your due date is so close already!

Clarky – such cute bump pics ! Awesome

Yours too pilot. How are you doing? Did the contractions ease up?

sam- can't believe you almost due too, but I guess it might be a while still. My midwife warned me I’d probably go over the due date since it’s my first (not guaranteed) and I guess that applies to all of us.

Sasha - glad the anatomy scan went well and I hope the placenta moves up. Still if it doesn’t if you can still have a beautiful c-section birth experience if you prepare. Fingers crossed for you.

How is everyone else doing?

Hope everyone is ok! MrsC glad everything is fine! Had another MW appt today and bloods done. She said everything is ok - measuring correctly and could hear baby's heart beat! But I am sure she isn't moving as much - maybe I have just been too busy!!! I get so tired new but am not very good at sleeping! Got DH to take a bump pic so will upload it when I can figure out how!!!

xx

pilot - I'm almost 34 weeks (tickers are stuck at 32+4 days it seems)! So 5-6 weeks isn't unreasonable (puts beans arrival at 39/40 weeks) - but you are totally right that it's more like 6-7 weeks…doctors here in the US won't let you go much past 41 weeks so I'm not planning on letting them induce me or suggest a c section. I have a long list of things to start trying close to 41 weeks to induce naturally before they get their medical hands on me!!!!! Even midwives cannot legally deliver babies past 42 weeks here or they lose their license…it's sad really. How are you doing?

Lou - I too had some INSANE and GRAPHIC dreams in my first and second tri…they seem to have tapered off for the most part. But I'd wake up totally confused as to whether it was a dream or reality!!!! Very scary sometimes. BUT, like pilot said, they are JUST DREAMS :hugs: How did your appt go?

clarkey - I'm glad its over too! My ticker was fine yesterday evening but now I see it is back to 32+4…not sure what is going on! It's starting to confuse me! Yesterday I thought I was only 33 weeks but I'll be 34 on Thursday!!!!

Zeez - I can't believe you're almost at 20 weeks! hen is your anatomy scan? Are you going to find out the gender?

Joey - can't wait to see your bump! I find LO has days of super high activity and others where she seems to be sleeping it off…so as long as you feel at least 10 movements a day, baby is fine…I try to keep that in mind :hugs:

AFM, had my follow up ultrasound this morning - cannot even remember if I posted here that they found my amniotic fluid above normal last week…well, this time it was smack in the middle - perhaps even a bit low for my gestational age. Which proves that these tests are quite inaccurate and I should just ignore them - look for more solid signs like LO movement and heartbeat and spotting, etc. Craziness!

Hi,
Doc was ok, I have very low blood pressure so have to take it easy. Have always had quite low so now even lower!

Won't have booking in appointment with midwife until 10+ weeks - love the UK!

Just feels like a waiting game now...

hi - i think I have managed to attach this! This was taken on Sunday so 30+6!!

Attachments

• 30+6 weeks.png
    30+6 weeks.png
    178.5 KB · Views: 4
Look at that adorable belly Joey! Love it :happydance:

Lou - how low is your blood pressure? Mine is usually 90 over 60 and it mostly stayed in that range throughout pregnancy so far. A couple times when I went in it was 80 over 50 or thereabouts but didn't really go much lower than that. Although, I do find days when I get lightheaded really easily so do be careful!

Lou - good luck with the doc appointment. It starts to feel real a little bit more real as time goes on. I did 3 tests and took pics on my phone so that I could check I hadn’t been dreaming or imagining it. my doc did blood tests the day after my first bfp so after my hgc doubles I relaxed a bit. DH didn't consider the pregnancy “confirmed” until the 9 weeks and when we started telling people at 12 weeks i finally felt more like a mamma-to-be then just suffering from a bad hang over.

bubbles - How are you doing? I can't believe they won't even let you do blood work. I agree with waiting for 9 weeks for a scan though. You should be able to hear the heartbeat at that point and if you do your risk of mc drops dramatically.

My unsolicited advice for first trimester: I’m sure you figured put by now, AF-like cramps are normal so don’t panic. Invest in a pregnancy safe muscle rub/ massage oil – you’ll need to get OH to use it on you often. Though a lot of it comes down to being lucky or unlucky, eating small meals often helps with morning sickness. Get a few days’ worth of bump-friendly clothes and a belly band ready while you still have energy. I didn’t buy maternity clothes too early because I was so scared of something going wrong and expected to only have to worry about it at week 16 (stupid books). Around week 10 overnight I suddenly couldn’t fit into anything in my wardrobe, couldn’t take off work to go shopping and when I did have time was too exhausted to do a good job of it. My friend was a life saver for coming along and helping my very mushy pregnant brain decide if things were suitable or not. Also I only found out about this in my 2nd trimester when I was feeling better so can’t 100% say if it will work but they say that Blackthornberry extract is great for pregnancy fatigue. It’s mostly recommended to breastfeeding woman as an ingredient in “jungle Juice” to increase milk supply but is a safe tonic for pregnant woman except those that are diabetics (because of its sugar content).

Mrschezek – sorry you’ve been having a rough time but glad to hear you’re ok. I can’t believe your due date is so close already!

Clarky – such cute bump pics ! Awesome

Yours too pilot. How are you doing? Did the contractions ease up?

sam- can't believe you almost due too, but I guess it might be a while still. My midwife warned me I’d probably go over the due date since it’s my first (not guaranteed) and I guess that applies to all of us.

Sasha - glad the anatomy scan went well and I hope the placenta moves up. Still if it doesn’t if you can still have a beautiful c-section birth experience if you prepare. Fingers crossed for you.

How is everyone else doing?

Doing pretty well actually, thanks :)
Contractions come and go... apparently the eggplant lasagna didn´t do it´s trick. It´s over 48 hours now since I ate it (past the "guarantee" timer from the restaurant).
I´m starting to understand where my brothers girlfriend found the energy to go out for a powerwalk while heavily pregnant. I think she managed it by pure stubbornness. I´m starting to feel that stubborn these days.

pilot - I'm almost 34 weeks (tickers are stuck at 32+4 days it seems)! So 5-6 weeks isn't unreasonable (puts beans arrival at 39/40 weeks) - but you are totally right that it's more like 6-7 weeks…doctors here in the US won't let you go much past 41 weeks so I'm not planning on letting them induce me or suggest a c section. I have a long list of things to start trying close to 41 weeks to induce naturally before they get their medical hands on me!!!!! Even midwives cannot legally deliver babies past 42 weeks here or they lose their license…it's sad really. How are you doing?

Lou - I too had some INSANE and GRAPHIC dreams in my first and second tri…they seem to have tapered off for the most part. But I'd wake up totally confused as to whether it was a dream or reality!!!! Very scary sometimes. BUT, like pilot said, they are JUST DREAMS :hugs: How did your appt go?

clarkey - I'm glad its over too! My ticker was fine yesterday evening but now I see it is back to 32+4…not sure what is going on! It's starting to confuse me! Yesterday I thought I was only 33 weeks but I'll be 34 on Thursday!!!!

Zeez - I can't believe you're almost at 20 weeks! hen is your anatomy scan? Are you going to find out the gender?

Joey - can't wait to see your bump! I find LO has days of super high activity and others where she seems to be sleeping it off…so as long as you feel at least 10 movements a day, baby is fine…I try to keep that in mind :hugs:

AFM, had my follow up ultrasound this morning - cannot even remember if I posted here that they found my amniotic fluid above normal last week…well, this time it was smack in the middle - perhaps even a bit low for my gestational age. Which proves that these tests are quite inaccurate and I should just ignore them - look for more solid signs like LO movement and heartbeat and spotting, etc. Craziness!

Wow, that´s crazy. I hope you don´t get induced. I´m not sure that would be a really comfortable birth. Best to let nature have it´s way imo (unless something is wrong of course, then I´ll say to hell with nature, and do whatever I have to to have a healthy baby boy).
Here we´re fine with going past 41 weeks, but by that date, the midwife will start techniques to get me started if I haven´t gone spontaneously by then.
She can do hypno-techniques, or different positions, or even just walking up and down stairs. I hear eating strong foods helps too (chili and such).
Any suggestions for me maybe? ;)

hi - i think I have managed to attach this! This was taken on Sunday so 30+6!!

Wow, gorgeous picture, it seems everybody has a smaller bump than me ;)
Not really complaining, but wow, I seem to be so much bigger than anybody at the same weeks in pregnancy. (there were 7 of us pregnant at work last summer, and I was bigger than all of them, and even in some cases bigger than 2 of them combined... hehe).

Look at that adorable belly Joey! Love it :happydance:

Lou - how low is your blood pressure? Mine is usually 90 over 60 and it mostly stayed in that range throughout pregnancy so far. A couple times when I went in it was 80 over 50 or thereabouts but didn't really go much lower than that. Although, I do find days when I get lightheaded really easily so do be careful!

Mine is about the same as you. Am taking it easy. Time seems to be going so slowly at the moment!

I also feel quite detached from things, especially at work difficult to concentrate.

Sorry I have not posted in here in AGES. Lots going on in our lives like moving back to NZ blah blah blah. Lots going on with pregnancy too, but glad to see everyone doing well in here :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->