Expecting Twins? Come join!

FloridaGirl21

Mommy to twin boys
Reaction score
So I've come across a few momma's to be that are expecting twins and thought it'd be nice to come together in one place :D

Can't wait to meet more of you ladies !!

Hi! I found out yesterday at my 1st scan I'm having non identical twins! I was 13 weeks yesterday. Tears and shaking and disbelief, twins only happens to 'other people' not me!! :shock:
I only ever wanted 2 or 3 kids, decided to go for a 3rd after much deliberation.....and now I'm gonna be barely 27 and a mum of FOUR!!!
Happy and excited now tho, wouldnt trade it now :)

I wonder if twins 1st time round would be hardest, or twins after you've already had singular pregnancy/s.... I do get free government help because I already have other children, and know what to do with a baby etc, but then again I will be super busy with the other kids school drop offs/pick ups, events, sport etc....

I already have a boy and a girl so one of each twin would be nice, one looks suspiciously like a boy but the other had the cord between its legs. Definitely will find out at 20 week scan!

EDD is Aug 14th, but midwife says maybe I'll go 4 weeks early (Im small framed and my other babies were mid to late 9 pounds)...

Hope to meet other mums that are feeling the same as me!!!!

Tell us about yourself Florida!!

I just found out I'm expecting TWINS yesterday as well!! Still in the initial shock/excited/disbelief phase.... how long do you think this lasts?

Well I'm 13 weeks tomorrow and preg with identical twins yay! This is our third pregnancy but the first two were ectpoic's and lost both tubes so we did ivf and now after a year of that expecting our family :) so excited but have been told it's a high risk pregnancy due to them been monoamniotic. Fingers crossed for there safe arrival

:hi: arj!

Well I have 3 sets of twins in my family, 2 on my mom's side and 1 on my dad's side. I conceived on my 2nd cycle of Clomid. I was aware that Clomid increased the chance of multiples but NEVER in a million years thought it would actually happen !! :wacko:

I had a very early BFP at 8DPO, first beta at 14DPO was 371 & 2nd beta at 16DPO was 944 (more than doubled in 48 hours & levels were on the high end of normal for a singleton pregnancy). I also started getting MS around 5w2d, so I had a feeling something wasn't "normal" :haha:

I've had 2 previous losses and a hunch that there may have been more than 1 baby in there so I booked an early scan for 6w4d. I knew I wouldn't see much but wanted to see something for the reassurance that all was progressing as it should. My mom went with me to my appt and there they both were!
https://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h444/cote2011/IMAG1275.jpg

I had a my first prenatal scheduled for 7w1d (didn't think he'd do a scan, but when I told him there was twins, he wanted to confirm) So I got to see them again:
https://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h444/cote2011/IMAG1278.jpg
Hearts still beating away :cloud9:

Goody, IDK if my shock will wear off until I've got them home. I still forget sometimes and DH will correct me and say 'babies' or something like that :wacko:

We're not sure if they are identical yet. The person that did my private scan said that they are fraternal because they are in separate sacs, but my OBGYN said that he couldn't tell :shrug:

Well I'm 13 weeks tomorrow and preg with identical twins yay! This is our third pregnancy but the first two were ectpoic's and lost both tubes so we did ivf and now after a year of that expecting our family :) so excited but have been told it's a high risk pregnancy due to them been monoamniotic. Fingers crossed for there safe arrival

Welcome, so sorry about your losses TRd :hugs:

Welcome, so sorry about your losses TRd :hugs:

Thank you! Its great to talk to mums expecting two, its all so daunting and very exciting!:hugs:

Did you ladies have bad MS? If so, has it eased up now that you ladies have reached the 12/13 week mark?

Mine's been horrible and I can't wait for relief!

Did you ladies have bad MS? If so, has it eased up now that you ladies have reached the 12/13 week mark?

Mine's been horrible and I can't wait for relief!

The first four weeks were really bad, I was sick all night and day and it just wouldn't stop but about the 7 to 8 week mark it got a little easier and a lot better now, still really tied and cant believe how much I can eat and if I let myself get hungry then I start to feel nauseas but def a lot better.
Hope you start to feel better soon.x

I only had sickness from 6 to 7.5 weeks, and a heightened sense of smell, all exactly the same as pregnancy with DD! So I presumed it was one girl! I didnt get the whole "something isnt right" kinda feeling! I was more paranoid tho this time round that it was going to MC but that was mainly from reading so many losses threads i think. And my hCG levels have been consistent with a singluar pregnancy! So weird. This doesnt happen to ME! It happens to other people that I read about and think "oh wow imagine that"...

=/

I just found out I'm expecting TWINS yesterday as well!! Still in the initial shock/excited/disbelief phase.... how long do you think this lasts?

My twins are nearly 6 months old and I'm still in shock and disbelief!!

Double congratulations to you all!! Hope your pregnancies go beautifully. Looking forward to seeing you all in the twins and multiples section of the forums xxxx

My twins are nearly 6 months old and I'm still in shock and disbelief!!

Double congratulations to you all!! Hope your pregnancies go beautifully. Looking forward to seeing you all in the twins and multiples section of the forums xxxx

Thanks! Are your girls identical? They are just gorgeous =)

Hello everyone! Congrats on the twin BFP's! I have 2 children already and have had 2 MC. After heavy, early bleeding that the doctor thought was the result of a chemical pregnancy, my beta came back at 30 at just a week after IUI. It has since steadily climbed and MS has reared it's ugly head! I started bleeding again Monday and found out that we are pregnant with TWINS! I was in complete shock! We have been trying for one more child for several years now and had to finally start fertility treatments. So, thanks to gonal-f and IUI, we are going to now have 4 children! I am still in shock!! I am 5 weeks 4 days today. The yolk sacs were visible today and the bleeding has stopped again. So excited for next week's scan to see my babies!!

henrysmum, your babies are ADORABLE!! I am totally going to lurk on this thread...although I have yet to go for a scan (so have no idea if I'm carrying more than one...although I kinda doubt it!) I would love to have twins. Mostly bc I am a twin myself so would love to have that knowledge that I can pass down to my LO's.

A little tidbit for all those having twins: don't dress your kids alike! Unless they're babies...but once they are old enough to know keep it separate. My mom did this to me and my sister for YEARS and we had a really hard time feeling like individuals (which is hard enough when you already look identical!).

henrysmum, your babies are ADORABLE!! I am totally going to lurk on this thread...although I have yet to go for a scan (so have no idea if I'm carrying more than one...although I kinda doubt it!) I would love to have twins. Mostly bc I am a twin myself so would love to have that knowledge that I can pass down to my LO's.

A little tidbit for all those having twins: don't dress your kids alike! Unless they're babies...but once they are old enough to know keep it separate. My mom did this to me and my sister for YEARS and we had a really hard time feeling like individuals (which is hard enough when you already look identical!).

Good tip. Specially dont dress them alike if they are different genders...lol

But yea I see what you mean, it would be hard enough trying to be an individual with out looking and dressing the same!

Hello everyone! Congrats on the twin BFP's! I have 2 children already and have had 2 MC. After heavy, early bleeding that the doctor thought was the result of a chemical pregnancy, my beta came back at 30 at just a week after IUI. It has since steadily climbed and MS has reared it's ugly head! I started bleeding again Monday and found out that we are pregnant with TWINS! I was in complete shock! We have been trying for one more child for several years now and had to finally start fertility treatments. So, thanks to gonal-f and IUI, we are going to now have 4 children! I am still in shock!! I am 5 weeks 4 days today. The yolk sacs were visible today and the bleeding has stopped again. So excited for next week's scan to see my babies!!

Yay you're in my boat! Wanted one more and got two! IUI is more likely to have twins tho isnt it as you would be on some kind of drug like clomid? Or is that what gonal-f is? Did you know you had two eggs there? (My sis in law did IUI so I know a bit about it).
Being a mum of 4 is not something I ever saw myself being, 3 seems still like a normal tidy family with a normal car, 4 seems like a tribe with a people mover/van!! But hey, Im sure we will love them to bits! And their childhood will be fun. I am oldest of 7 kids and we had a blast, but the house was messy as all the time and we barely got any attention from Mum who was always running round like a headless chicken with a todler hanging off her and a big round pregnant tummy! lol
Glad your bleeding has stopped, hopefully morning sickness doesnt hang round too long :)

Yay you're in my boat! Wanted one more and got two! IUI is more likely to have twins tho isnt it as you would be on some kind of drug like clomid? Or is that what gonal-f is? Did you know you had two eggs there? (My sis in law did IUI so I know a bit about it).
Being a mum of 4 is not something I ever saw myself being, 3 seems still like a normal tidy family with a normal car, 4 seems like a tribe with a people mover/van!! But hey, Im sure we will love them to bits! And their childhood will be fun. I am oldest of 7 kids and we had a blast, but the house was messy as all the time and we barely got any attention from Mum who was always running round like a headless chicken with a todler hanging off her and a big round pregnant tummy! lol
Glad your bleeding has stopped, hopefully morning sickness doesnt hang round too long :)[/QUOT

With the IVF that the hubby and I did we were not expecting Identical twins and in a few years I want to be able to use another frozen embryo but the OH (who is over the moon with twins) is terrified of the next egg spiting and we end up with four and he keeps going on about never wanting to have to own a people mover lol!! We will see im sure I can twist his arm to try again :happydance:

Yea odds are it wont happen again.. Then again IVF babies have a higher rate of splitting than standard conception eggs. See how you feel after they are born!

aww, if I already had children, I would feel so overwhelmed with the idea of having two more at once! You ladies are amazing :hugs:

Hopefully the bleeding won't return! Do they know what's causing it?

aww, thanks for the tip! DH & I have already talked about that and agreed that we will not be dressing our children the same. Even as babies, we want them to feel like their own person :thumbup: It's nice to hear it from someone that went through the situation though, like it reinforces it that it is a real problem and not just something that maybe I'm imagining would be an issue, iykwim?

I hope that you are able to join us as a twin momma :) :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->