Expecting Twins? Come join!

hi im expecting identicals. theyll be delivered when im 36 to 37wks via section.
im over the moon even though i only wanted two kids. im also qiute scared as like two r due im high risk. will be closely monitored though.
im shattered, fussy with food and can smell like a police dog, but im better than i was.
look like absolute shite though!!
so how many of us are carrying identicals and how many fraternals?
are you all going to find out the sex?? i am!! cant wait.
what sex do you all think they are? i think mine are boys! could be wrong though.

We're not sure if ours are identical or fraternal, my doctor said he couldn't tell yet. I hope they're fraternal as I really want boy/girl & we are finding out March 30th :D booked an early scan

hi im expecting identicals. theyll be delivered when im 36 to 37wks via section.
im over the moon even though i only wanted two kids. im also qiute scared as like two r due im high risk. will be closely monitored though.
im shattered, fussy with food and can smell like a police dog, but im better than i was.
look like absolute shite though!!
so how many of us are carrying identicals and how many fraternals?
are you all going to find out the sex?? i am!! cant wait.
what sex do you all think they are? i think mine are boys! could be wrong though.

Hi! I was the same! From 4 weeks I was just SO sensitive with my smell (I was like that when preg with DD but not DS so assumed this was a girl) and was off almost every food except fast food and fruit! Drank orange juice like it was going out of fashion! VERY tired too which lasted till bang on 13 weeks.

Mine are fraternals, they have their own placentas and are in seperate little areas. I CANT WAIT to find out the sex! I tried at the 13 week scan (when I found out it was twins) and the lady said possibley one is a boy but then it shut its legs, and the other one had the cord between its legs. grrr. =D

I think mine are either two boys or one of each. DS who is 3 has said I was having "two babies, a boy and a girl" from before I even told him I was pregnant!!! It would be so freaky if it was one of each! (its what Im hoping for tho).. My midwife said I will go hopefully right up till 38 weeks and I want to try a vaginal delivery if the 1st baby is in the right position.

How far along are you fidgetsmummy??

So funny about your DS arj!!

I've been craving OJ and drinking glasses daily like it's going out of fashion too! I wonder why the craving for it? :shrug:

I'm 13wks 4days. I too lived take aways and fresh orange, then cheese on crumpets, then sweets, now it depends on the day. Oh and spaghetti on toast. yum.
Sometimes I feel like I'm going nuts. I have to have a section as i had an emergency one wirh son and also have a neuro condition. im glad though. Its what i wanted.

Arj, yes, preferable not to dress them alike when they are of two different genders, hehe. Although, when I was a baby my Mom said that an elderly woman approached her, took one look at us in our frilly little dresses and said, "A boy and girl?" :wacko: Some people :dohh:

aww, thanks for the tip! DH & I have already talked about that and agreed that we will not be dressing our children the same. Even as babies, we want them to feel like their own person :thumbup: It's nice to hear it from someone that went through the situation though, like it reinforces it that it is a real problem and not just something that maybe I'm imagining would be an issue, iykwim?

I hope that you are able to join us as a twin momma :) :hugs:

Thanks Floridagirl! I'm glad I could help :) Maybe it's an "old-school" thing but I'd imagine some people still think it's "cute". I would LOVE to join this thread, haha! My DH has already said that he would love to have twins. Guess I'll find out in a few weeks...:)

I'm 13wks 4days. I too lived take aways and fresh orange, then cheese on crumpets, then sweets, now it depends on the day. Oh and spaghetti on toast. yum.
Sometimes I feel like I'm going nuts. I have to have a section as i had an emergency one wirh son and also have a neuro condition. im glad though. Its what i wanted.

Oohh we are only a day apart! My due date is 14th August, but Ill probably go sometime in July. Im picking you'll probably beat me to having them tho, I'll be able to ask you lots of questions on how it is having twins!
Cheese on crumpets? >.< ew! I like fruity lollies at the moment and sushi and cheese on toast =) mmmm

Hi everyone! I love that this thread was started! I found out at 7w5d that we were having twins. Everyone thought it was twins because I started showing at 6 weeks. They were right! I am due Sept 1, but they won't let me go past Aug 11. I'm thinking I will go even before that. I have had morning sickness about every other day. I get sick a couple times in the morning, and by 10am I am feeling great. The worst thing I have had is my sciatic nerve gets pinched a lot.
My next scan is around 13 weeks on the 22nd.

I posted a picture of my little babies to share with you.

Attachments

• babies 7w5d.jpg
    babies 7w5d.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 20
Ah yeh cheese on crumpets cant beat it. ive liked lollies too. Also loving carbonara.

I can't wait til next scan, but also still scared. They should be able to tell me sex at 17 wks sgouldnt they?

Kcoennen, welcome! You're only a few days ahead of me! :D I'm due September, but these will be August babies too! Lovely scan pic :flow:

Fidgets, I think they can tell as early as 16 weeks, but my gender scan (private) is scheduled for when I'm 17 weeks!

ooh hope they can tell me. im feeling pretty big in the bump today. my son loves it, kisses it all the time. and yesterday my boobs were killing again!! whats that about? theyd stopped. unless theyve decided to grow.

are any of you totally wacked??

ive just ate a huge portion of carbonara-heaven-feel sick now though.
also bn for a hair cut to cheer me up as i feel like im looking dreadful lately, everyone else thinks i look great, they must need strong glasses cos all i see is spots, dark crcles and uneven skintone.

are any of you going to be brave enough to watch one born every minute next week when they deliver twins?? i think im scared to.

I am actually not tired at all since 13 weeks, it's great getting my old mo-jo back and cleaning the house and organising and going back to the gym! Putting on weight fast tho, probably around 7lb (3kg) so far! And I do have to go to bed at around 9 at the latest as I lose steam around then and get tired!

Apparently at nearly 14 weeks a normal baby would weigh 45 grams, that means mine weigh 90 grams, the same as a 16 week fetus, and if you added both 14 week babies together lengthwise they are as long as a 20 week old.

So we are allowed to start showing more! My friend said she was in maternity clothes by 3 months..

This is me yesterday afternoon at 13 1/2 weeks =)

Attachments

• 13 and a half weeks.jpg
    13 and a half weeks.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 75
aww, love your bump pic! You're so pretty :flow:

I found a HB last night! Think I may have found them both today.. the reading was 174-175bpm at one point, then 164-ish bpm at another point.. :shrug: Here's the video from last night:

https://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h444/cote2011/th_VIDEO0034.jpg

Wow thats a high heart rate, wonder if theyre girls... Are you going to try and find out the sexes at the 12 week scan?

Our scan will actually be at 11w1d so I don't expect to find out anything.. I have an appt scheduled for March 28th (17w1d) to find out the gender though.

I am stalking this thread. I am pregnant and have an ultrasound on Monday! I am looking forward to it! I had two mature follicles for my IUI (naturally with no medication. I guess the older you get the more likely you are to produce more than one egg/follicle). I will keep you posted! Congratulations to you all! I wish you all a H&H 9 months and thereafter!!

I have a question. I got my BFP 11 dpo and 4 days before AF was due. My HCG level was 47 about 3.5 weeks pregnant and progesterone was 30. My numbers seem more on the level of one baby but doctor said she could not rule twins out. Just wondering what your numbers were. I know I will know Monday, but it's still fun to ask and wonder.

at 14DPO my first set of levels was 371 & at 16DPO my levels were 994. I think it's hard to gage whether there are two or not just based on that though.

GL for Monday :dust:

I had my first BFP at 13 dpo (negative day 11, didnt test day 12). I went in for bloods that day and my hCG (at 3 weeks and 5 days pregnant) were only 66, consistent with a singular pregnancy. I did get a bfp earlier than last pregnancy (which after AF was due at 31 days after lmp) but everything else pointed to a single baby. My 10 week bloods came back as normal for someone who was around week 8 to 12. So I thought 10 weeks is right in the middle, one baby! Doppler only picked up one heartbeat too.

I am actually not tired at all since 13 weeks, it's great getting my old mo-jo back and cleaning the house and organising and going back to the gym! Putting on weight fast tho, probably around 7lb (3kg) so far! And I do have to go to bed at around 9 at the latest as I lose steam around then and get tired!

Apparently at nearly 14 weeks a normal baby would weigh 45 grams, that means mine weigh 90 grams, the same as a 16 week fetus, and if you added both 14 week babies together lengthwise they are as long as a 20 week old.

So we are allowed to start showing more! My friend said she was in maternity clothes by 3 months..

This is me yesterday afternoon at 13 1/2 weeks =)[/QUOTE

Mojo??? What's that? Im 13 weeks 2days and all I do is sleep, you lucky thing.

I started growing out of my cloths at 10 weeks and now using maternity cloths. Had a bump at 8 weeks and getting bigger yet the doc yesterday thinks it small for twins, this is my first pregnancy to get past 6-8 weeks.
Cute bump you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->