Expressing advice please...

ESF1978

Reaction score
Hi, my LO is 6 weeks and I'm EBF. I have a 20 month old and am still struggling to find time for even things like eating so don't have time to express daiky but want to so it now and then so that I can keep LO interested in taking bottles (my dd refused bottles) and so that ill have the option if someone else feeding LO if the need arises - and depending how I get in with it then maybe my DH can do a night feed occasionally.
Anyway, I'm feeding at roughly 3 hour intervals, one breast then offer the other. So when do I express and which side. If j do the side I just fed from there won't be much there, if I so the full side I assume there won't be enough for LO at the next feed?
Am I getting confused wrongly?? What do you do if expressing occasionally??

i am always worried about there not being enough left too!! :haha: but I was told to express on the side not fed off of. Your body will make more milk in time for your next feed. Just be sure you are eating and drinking well xx

Yeah, if you're feeding 3 hourly that should be plenty of time for your body to make more. And it will adjust to making more at that time of day too if you express at the same time daily. Xxx

Pick a feed (ideally in the morning) and express right afterward. At first you won't get much, but if you keep going, your body will adjust to the demand. You'll obviously get more from the side LO didn't empty, but it's best to express both if you have a double pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->