Extreme nesting...

2irishMoms

Reaction score
Its amazing what can snap you out of the daze you've been in since seeing that BFP!

100 days until due date! Eep!!! so much to do!

I knew I wanted to do some DIY around the house. Ok, not me doing it but there's things I wanted to get sorted before our baby girl arrives.
Most people think of doing out the nursery, and yes, that is on my list. I have however these on my list for before Christmas. I have friends and family that can help.... But I might be going overboard.
Landscape the front garden. Silly you might think, but its a big garden and at the moment its completely overgrown. If I leave it until next year it will be crazy and with a baby I don't see how we'd do it. I want to flatten it, add more driveway so one can turn a car without having to back out onto the road (bit dangerous)
Would love to pave an area at the back but it have so many design ideas for that that I want to leave it until next summer.
Take up carpets and put down wooden floors in the bedrooms, which includes the nursery.
Paint the bedrooms and do some fun mural on the nursery wall.
Might paint the hallway and kitchen too so its done...While we're at it!
On the long finger is to put in a complete new bathroom suite and tiling. I can see this one being left until... whenever... But would love to have it done!
We've painted the living room and I bought new curtains and that room is done as is the office/music room/we-know-its-gonna-be-a-playroom!
Have this crazy idea that I want to extend the kitchen into the conservatory and make one big room. It would involve re-roofing the conservatory.... Probably best leave that alone. I'm driving my partner crazy as it is!!!

This might seem like extreme nesting?? I might be crazy. Maybe I'll end up mopping the floors and leaving it at that :coffee:

How far has/did your nesting go?

:wacko:

haha We decorated the whole house! :dohh: I was on a mission! x

We also decorated the whole house, had all the double glazing replaced and totally re-vamped everything!! xx

So far we have ripped out the downstairs bathroom and re fitted that. We are in the middle of getting a whole new kitchen. Knocked a wall down to make an open plan kitchen diner. Re plastered 75% of the entire house. Still to do is downstairs wood flooring throughout and upstairs carpet. Replacing the staircase and banisters. Decorating including something nice for the baby's room. Plus a whole load of other small things. Our due date isn't until end of April but I'm feeling the pressure of getting it all completed.

Worst part is I'm doing a lot of it myself which is tough to fit around work obviously. It's defo a nesting thing x

We have had every room except kitchen and bathroom plastered, the main bedroom divided into two rooms, fitted wardrobes in bedrooms, all new decor and carpets new tv, new skirting board. Getting new fitted kitchen and bathroom in January baby not due till march I didn't realise how common being so extreme was lol

This is fantastic! Thank you all. I feel normal again :) In the passed week we had a digger in the garden. Its completely landscaped and a new driveway is in.
Now on to less heavy duty stuff like painting rooms and putting down wooden floors!
We joked that maybe we could fit and tile the whole bathroom while I'm in hospital so that when me and baby are home it will be done. Would have to have a plumber and tiler on standby! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->