Extremely late bfp?

gina236

Reaction score
So I'm totally confused. I should be 23 dpo today. Already had a sort of AF but haven't stopped testing. I have had this nagging feeling that AF wasn't really that. I had convinced myself that I'm just crazy and stopped testing (for a day :dohh:). Took another test today and got this (hopefully you can see it after BnB ruins the quality)?! I feel like it's probably a faulty test but now I'm wondering if it's real. I cant test again until tomorrow morning as im at work and i drink a lot of water throughout the day. It is a week after "AF" at this point. Has anyone ever gotten a bfp that late? I have been having twinges in my uterus area, been very emotional and moody, my boobs have random pains, my cervix is high soft and closed and I've been having hot flashes. This is why I've still been testing. I just don't know what to think. Oh and we arent actually trying right now so I'm not temping which really is bothering me now lol.

Attachments

• PSX_20160628_102631.jpg
    PSX_20160628_102631.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 114
Sorry but if you are on cd 23 your test line would be much darker by now!

I'm really sorry but all I can see is an indent on that picture :( I have to be honest that if you were really that late you would have a clear bfp by now. Best to just carry on with this cycle and see if it's normal. The symptoms your feeling are probably just normal pre ovulation symptoms but your only noticing them now as your paying such close attention to them.

How accurate are your dates? At 23dpo if you are pregnant the test line should be much darker. But if your dates are off and "AF" was really IB it's possible. But if you're 100% of your dates then it's probably an evap or faulty rest.

Give me some credit guys. I've been at this for 15 months lol. I know what is "normal" :haha: I'm asking for anyone that has had something weird like this. My "symptoms" are post O symptoms for me, never pre O. My dates are 100%. DH and I only DTD one day this month. I know tomorrow's test will give me my answer, just need to get as much info as possible in the mean time. Lol

Maybe you o'd later?? Or it could even be the hook effect, making the tests light (lots of HCG makes them go faint again after about 6-7w) have you tested before today?

I had this situation!

In 2009, i knew i had ovulated, I knew when. I knew i was pregnant and started POAS at 10dpo. NO LINES. What the heck was going on! Then FINALLY at 21dpo, i got a line! Sadly it ended in a loss though weeks later.

Here is my test at 21dpo.

Attachments

• 100_4266.jpg
    100_4266.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 46
While I don't have any experience with a late BFP, I'm going to disagree with the other girls and say that's a genuine line.

I wouldn't like to say 100% but it does look like a genuine line to me too. It could possibly be a nasty evap if you left the test for too long but it doesnt look like an indent to me. Was that picture within the time?

Where are you getting your OV date from? Were you temping or doing OPKs? When I was BFing my cycles were a bit messed up. I didn't ovulate until about day 23 and then had a 6 day LP. I had multiple positive OPKs in a cycle too but seemed to be able to tell which was the 'real' one because it was super dark and stayed positive for longer. When I got my BFP although I was only 9dpo going by my calculations if you went by my last period or cycle length it would have been much later.

I don't see any colour sorry Id say it's an evap and that the bleecing you had was Af.

Give me some credit guys. I've been at this for 15 months lol. I know what is "normal" :haha: I'm asking for anyone that has had something weird like this. My "symptoms" are post O symptoms for me, never pre O. My dates are 100%. DH and I only DTD one day this month. I know tomorrow's test will give me my answer, just need to get as much info as possible in the mean time. Lol

I did not get a BFP, and a faint one, until I was nearly 6 weeks pregnant with my first baby. I was testing daily once af was due. I had a US that confirmed it too. It happens. all my others were 9-11dpo with squinters at 8 -10 dpo. but every pregnancy is different. I hope you get your bfp soon. Good luck!!

i do see a line and it does have slight colour hope is your bfp xxx

I had same as you I had brown cm with slight pink I week before af was due thought my af was coming early but this stopped within 3 days but tested on af due date and bfn I'm now 3 days late and still no af not testing again till Friday

I'm not sure what I see, but I'm not familiar with these tests.

The only similar story I can think of is that I had a friend who tested because she was late for her period. She then got what she thought was her period. She didn't test again though because three weeks later she got her period. Then another three weeks later she got her period... she went into the doctor for some pain and they had to rule out pregnancy so they did a test and an ultrasound and she turned out to be about 11-12 weeks or something. In her case, she must have just implanted late or had slow rising hcg... the bleeding was the result of a low laying placenta.

With my first pregnancy I didn't get a BFP til 22 days after conception and I was testing every couple days. I'd try to wait a few days and test again. FX for you! Good luck!

This happened to me. Had an af and a week after took a test as felt odd. Got a faint, but clear, positive on a frer. Unfortunately it turned out to be an ectopic pregnancy. However I have heard to others having a late bfp and having a normal pregnancy. Xxx

Thank you for the responses everyone! I got another line this morning!! It's still faint but it's there 100% and within the time limit! :D you guys give me hope for this to turn out well.

Gina, can I see a pic? I've been struggling with confusion of a disappearing line on a FRER.

Mama, the one this morning barely shows in pics. Haven't taken a smu one yet which is what yesterday's was. I haven't taken a frer since Saturday since I ran out. Have more on the way but idk when they will come in. Sometimes frers will show lines for a minute if there is too much urine on them. Or if the dye is just moving slowly. I hope it turns into your bfp though!

Thanks! The line was there after the dye was done moving through. There shouldn't have been to much urine on it because I dipped it. Just have to wait and see if there's any changes to the next one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->