f*cking cats! *will offend cat owners/lovers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why chase and scare a cat when it's just as easy to walk the cat out. Our neighbours cat is always in our garden, I think he wants me to adopt him :lol:. I won't chase him and scare him as I worry he'll run into a road and get knocked down. I walk him to our gate, shoo him and off he goes.

Your tactic is working well then?! :wacko: lol.

Nowhere on this thread have I seen anyone say or even suggest that they harm animals :dohh: Thing some people need to get down from their high horses.

Yes it does work well, I was joking hence the ''lol'' smiley :dohh:

How do you figure that out, when you said he's always in your garden :dohh: just because you did a 'lol' smiley at the end, means it isnt true? I often write 'lol' at the end of a sentance but doesnt mean i have just lied about what i previously said? :shrug::wacko:

I would be fine with someone chasing my cats out of their garden. I don't have to deal with this problem though as mine are indoor. I don't judge people who let their cats out but it's not for me. As a teenager my family lost a cat to foxes, they had ripped his head off so we could only bury the body.

Nemo has been gone for 3 days now and even though he died of a UTI the keratin levels in his kidneys were so high they had shut down. He essentially was a poisoned cat and I would give anything to have him back. He did not show signs of discomfort right until the end and was even purring when we had him at the vets.

I don't think anyone here would be so cruel as to poison a cat but there are those who do without second thought and I don't know how they live with themselves.

:hugs: I'm sorry hun, some people are sick in the heads. I dont know how anyone could hurt an animal xxx

I'm not quite sure why you're nit picking at my posts when I was just trying to give some advice to the OPer?

He does spend a lot of time in our garden but when we ask him to leave he does without a problem. Infact, I haven't seen him for about a week now so I guess he's in someone elses at present :shrug:

& where have I lied?! :wacko:

I don't understand it either :( nemo went from being a healthy cat to losing over half his body weight in one weekend, his fur started falling off and his bladder was the size of a tennis ball. The vet said he should have been screaming, normal levels are 100 and nemo's was 1500 :nope: imagining another cat going through that when they've been intentionally poisoned is absolutely awful. Makes me sick.

My neighbours have a teenage son and his friends have tried to shoot my mastiff with a bb gun in the past. I went absolutely mental and cannot say what I would have done had I got hold of him. They're not young children who know no better and my dog was in HER garden minding her own business!! I wonder what his parents are like!

I'm not quite sure why you're nit picking at my posts when I was just trying to give some advice to the OPer?

He does spend a lot of time in our garden but when we ask him to leave he does without a problem. Infact, I haven't seen him for about a week now so I guess he's in someone elses at present :shrug:

& where have I lied?! :wacko:

I was just responding to your post, Ive responding to lots of posts on this thread :shrug: I guess 'lied' was a bit of a harsh word to use, I apologise, maybe contradicted. :wacko: I'm sorry if you feel i was picking at you x

I don't understand it either :( nemo went from being a healthy cat to losing over half his body weight in one weekend, his fur started falling off and his bladder was the size of a tennis ball. The vet said he should have been screaming, normal levels are 100 and nemo's was 1500 :nope: imagining another cat going through that when they've been intentionally poisoned is absolutely awful. Makes me sick.

My neighbours have a teenage son and his friends have tried to shoot my mastiff with a bb gun in the past. I went absolutely mental and cannot say what I would have done had I got hold of him. They're not young children who know no better and my dog was in HER garden minding her own business!! I wonder what his parents are like!

it really is awful what happened to ur cat :(
and to the part in bold, according to someone on here his parents might have let him chase a cat when he was 2 because apparently that turns children into monsters :dohh:
some people are just sick, id of called the police on the teenager for shooting a bb gun

I would be mortified if I saw my LO chase, hurt or frighten an animal, or anything for that matter.
Children, IMO, learn so much from animals - being gentle, patient, etc. I now understand why you see stories in the papers of kittens being used as footballs, puppies thrown in rivers etc, if they're being taught that it's ok to be unkind at a young age what hope do they have :growlmad:

I love animals and I'm horrified at some of what I've seen in this thread.
I'm just glad my daughter wont think it's ok.

:haha: just because my son has chased a cat once hes going to turn into some kind of thrug now is he lol
thats so dramatic, my son loves animals and if he had his own way wed have a house full. and hes very gentle with animals but knows that i dont want strange cats in our house or garden.

I wasn't specifically talking about your son, sorry if you thought that was directed at you.
But, I do think it's really important to teach children to be kind to animals, I have already said I honestly wouldn't mind if my neighbours chased my cats, I told them to when we first moved (luckily they loive animals and their daughter has 'adopted' one of ours) but I wouldn't be happy if I saw a child chasing one of them? Or any animal in fact.

Do you think the people that do awful things to animals were taught from a young age to treat them kindly? I doubt it.

I have a staff x mastiff, I really didn't want 'that type' because I knew people would judge him! People drag their dogs away from him, cross the road to avoid him etc but he is so gentle. He gets run ragged by my mums shi tzu and has never even looked at her sideways :)

it really is awful what happened to ur cat :(
and to the part in bold, according to someone on here his parents might have let him chase a cat when he was 2 because apparently that turns children into monsters :dohh:
some people are just sick, id of called the police on the teenager for shooting a bb gun

That was clearly aimed at me, I'll try and explain better :)

I wasn't implying that a child who chases a cat once will become a monster.
However, I do work with (edited) and have studied criminology and historically, most 'monsters' do actually start off being unkind to animals, to torturing animals for kicks..!
I'm sure that's not the case on here, it's interesting though!

some people are just sick in the head and treat other humans/animals badly and they had a very good childhood. my son loves animals and is very gentle with them. and as for dogs the bigger they are the better for zane, he loves playing with them but knows to be nice.

the one cat he chased the next day he was sat on our doorstep stroking it when it tried to get into our house again....even at 2 he knows the cat isnt allowed in our house so wouldnt let it (i was at the front of our drive putting the bin out) so even tho i have stamped my foot at the cat or chased it when saying shoo didnt work he doesnt think its ok to hurt animals and he will never be taught that.

if my oh was around hed have alot less paitence then me as he hated cats and wouldnt think twice about kicking one....did i agree? no but did that make him a horrible bad person or father no it didnt.

I think it comes down to different values. I am an animal lover, have always had pets, cats, doegs, horses, all rescues. My OH is the same, he loves animals too, not so keen on the horses but he'd never be cruel to one.
In my opinon, and I understand that I may be alone here, I'm not trying to start an argument etc etc but.. I would consider someone who was cruel to animals a horrible person?
But, each to their own and all that :)

I think it comes down to different values. I am an animal lover, have always had pets, cats, doegs, horses, all rescues. My OH is the same, he loves animals too, not so keen on the horses but he'd never be cruel to one.
In my opinon, and I understand that I may be alone here, I'm not trying to start an argument etc etc but.. I would consider someone who was cruel to animals a horrible person?
But, each to their own and all that :)

You're not alone, I completely agree.

my oh was a animal lover and so am i..that doesnt mean i want to go around picking up sh*t from other peoples pets and it certainly doesnt mean i want them in my house or garden.

u cant comment on what kind of person my oh was so id stop right there.

Also to Pramaholic86 and others who are commenting on chasing a cat is cruel ive got afew questions.
do u eat meat? have u ever sprayed a fly,moth,wasp with fly killer or even hit them with something to get them out of ur house? have u stood on bugs and killed them?

if u are such animal lovers then all of the above is far worse then chasing a cat and being pissed off about cat poo. so unless u literaly dont hurt a fly and dont eat meat then ur not so perfect urself as animals are harmed just so u can eat abit of chickin or get a fly out of ur house.

he without sin can cast the first stone and all that :/

my oh was a animal lover and so am i..that doesnt mean i want to go around picking up sh*t from other peoples pets and it certainly doesnt mean i want them in my house or garden.

u cant comment on what kind of person my oh was so id stop right there.

I wasn't refferring to picking up poo, I meant 'kicking' cats. I leave this now and agree to disagree before it goes OT and people start getting upset.

No one's claiming to be perfect but kicking a cat is intentionally cruel... Ah. I give up! I'm leaving this as it's going nowhere.

Kicking a cat is cruel.

You can't compare kicking a cat to swatting a fly ffs :dohh:

And yeah I'm done too. You just keep saying the same things over n over moomin.

Yes I should have rung the police but tbh with all our problems at the moment I don't think I could have coped with that on top. They've not done it since and I make sure the dogs aren't out in the garden when they are...

You probably think I live in an awful area but I don't. I'm the poor one in an affluent area. My neighbour has a boat and 3 cars :wacko:

No to kicking cats either. If you catch them you can do serious damage even if you don't kick that hard. They are only small.

Kicking a cat is cruel.

You can't compare kicking a cat to swatting a fly ffs :dohh:

And yeah I'm done too. You just keep saying the same things over n over moomin.

first it is my thread so i can say what i want and second i was comparing ppl saying CHASING a cat is cruel to swatting a fly or eating meat and i can compare them as why is hitting a fly somehow better then chasing a cat away. a fly is a wild insect and flys where it wants to but because u dont want it in ur house its somehow ok to hit them or even kill them but i cant chase a cat off my garden without that be compared to animal cruelty

i see your point but what happens if one day you get your son to chase the cat and instead of running off it turns round and scratches him?

my son has chased a cat once and he was behind me...are u suggesting that im going to put my son at risk because i want him to chase cats?

and if a cat did hurt my son id be calling animal control and they could sort the thing out

no im not suggesting that i was just asking what would happen should the situation arrise. and tbh im not sure animal control would do much about the cat after you explained the situation any way because as has been stated above, cats have roaming rights.
im also leaving this thread as its going no whare.

we have this problem. they do it on my vege boxes... It makes me so mad !!! my lovely red strawberries with a great big cat dump next to them !!!!!!! When ever I see one in the garden I let the dog out !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"