f*cking cats! *will offend cat owners/lovers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
like the people who are having trouble with random cats pooing in their garden i doubt very much ud even no who tried to poison ur cat if someone tried to.

so many cats are killed on the roads n yet people still let them roam free because its fair the the cat....well its not fair on my son that our grass is covered in crap

You're right moomin, you damn well have offended me, but I guess the warning makes it okay, so it's only fair I let you know my opinion will likely offend you. Fair's fair right?

The origional cause of this thread didn't bother me, in fact I agree and it would annoy me too. I can only repeat what others have suggested in getting a water pistol, or many of the other alternatives that are available.

What's been getting on my nerves recently are people effing and blinding about cats, saying they wouldn't blame someone for poisoning cats and people who have mentioned they encourage their children to chase/hit cats?! What in the world is wrong with you people?! Being annoyed, yes, using deterants yes, poisoning? I can't quite believe how sick some people are, and as for encouraging your kids? There just aren't words to describe how sick to my stomach that makes me. I hope against hope your little ones have someone sensible in their lives to teach them animal cruelty is wrong, cause they ain't learning it from you. My 2 year old son knows not to shout, run at, or pull/hit animals, in fact he often tries to kiss them Eskimo kisses as he's seen our two housecats do. I'd be beyond disappointed if he were to grow up to harm animals, to see it as a fun thing to do at such a young age, to be cheered on, disgusting.

It's a shame people posted such things as, as I said earlier, the origional post wasn't offensive.

UK/North America language thing here, but by "garden", you mean a patch of lawn rather than a veggie or flower bed, right?
I only ask because I find it so weird that cats are going on your lawn. Cats tend to be quite private about poop and like to bury it.
I'm surprised by all the reports of cat poop on lawns/decks/etc.
I actually assumed that's why there aren't laws about picking up after cats the way there are about dogs. I always thought that it is because it's simply not as much of an issue in it being in high use areas.
:shrug:
I'd try the cheapest deterrant suggestions, then go from there.

I just had to clean up the most disgusting mess when my two year old stepped in dog poo at the park and tracked it all through the house before we realized. :sick: Not cool. So, I feel your pain!

Also, I'm a big cat lover, but I agree - cats are an introduced species. They have been domesticated for 4000 years or so, but revert to feral very quickly largely due to their brain design - they have a flared brain case, with more brain area concentrated near the brain stem - the more primal area where instinct, reflex, etc is governed. This does not mean that they can't be conditioned to stay indoors. You have to be really vigilant, though.
Statistically speaking, they live a lot longer when they are strictly indoor cats. And they don't wreak havoc on the local wildlife, either. Mousing is one thing, but migratory birds take a huge hit from domestic cats. :(

Just some food for thought. :flower:

You're right moomin, you damn well have offended me, but I guess the warning makes it okay, so it's only fair I let you know my opinion will likely offend you. Fair's fair right?

The origional cause of this thread didn't bother me, in fact I agree and it would annoy me too. I can only repeat what others have suggested in getting a water pistol, or many of the other alternatives that are available.

What's been getting on my nerves recently are people effing and blinding about cats, saying they wouldn't blame someone for poisoning cats and people who have mentioned they encourage their children to chase/hit cats?! What in the world is wrong with you people?! Being annoyed, yes, using deterants yes, poisoning? I can't quite believe how sick some people are, and as for encouraging your kids? There just aren't words to describe how sick to my stomach that makes me. I hope against hope your little ones have someone sensible in their lives to teach them animal cruelty is wrong, cause they ain't learning it from you. My 2 year old son knows not to shout, run at, or pull/hit animals, in fact he often tries to kiss them Eskimo kisses as he's seen our two housecats do. I'd be beyond disappointed if he were to grow up to harm animals, to see it as a fun thing to do at such a young age, to be cheered on, disgusting.

It's a shame people posted such things as, as I said earlier, the origional post wasn't offensive.

oh so u have no better argument then to question my parenting....now thats disgusting. my son is not crule to animals but if a cat is going to poo on my grass or try to get into my house i have the right to get that cat away.
if u dont like the thought of this happening to ur cat then maybe u shouldnt let it out to do this type of thing in other peoples gardens

UK/North America language thing here, but by "garden", you mean a patch of lawn rather than a veggie or flower bed, right?
I only ask because I find it so weird that cats are going on your lawn. Cats tend to be quite private about poop and like to bury it.
I'm surprised by all the reports of cat poop on lawns/decks/etc.
I actually assumed that's why there aren't laws about picking up after cats the way there are about dogs. I always thought that it is because it's simply not as much of an issue in it being in high use areas.
:shrug:
I'd try the cheapest deterrant suggestions, then go from there.

I just had to clean up the most disgusting mess when my two year old stepped in dog poo at the park and tracked it all through the house before we realized. :sick: Not cool. So, I feel your pain!

Also, I'm a big cat lover, but I agree - cats are an introduced species. They have been domesticated for 4000 years or so, but revert to feral very quickly largely due to their brain design - they have a flared brain case, with more brain area concentrated near the brain stem - the more primal area where instinct, reflex, etc is governed. This does not mean that they can't be conditioned to stay indoors. You have to be really vigilant, though.
Statistically speaking, they live a lot longer when they are strictly indoor cats. And they don't wreak havoc on the local wildlife, either. Mousing is one thing, but migratory birds take a huge hit from domestic cats. :(

Just some food for thought. :flower:

yes i mean my lawn, both front and back. so they should be used alot and would be if i didnt have to go out first to check my son doesnt stand in poo.
and thats horrible ur son stood in dog poo, that really gets on my nerves too that owners dont pick up after them.

Bloody cats ripped open my bin bag earlier.......rubbish everywhere!!!!!

Im not a fan of cats, they dont seem to have any loyalty.

Moomin get a dog, when we moved in here cats used to come in our garden until they realised we had 2 dogs

Bloody cats ripped open my bin bag earlier.......rubbish everywhere!!!!!

Im not a fan of cats, they dont seem to have any loyalty.

Moomin get a dog, when we moved in here cats used to come in our garden until they realised we had 2 dogs

with our old dog cats wouldnt of stood a chance. and i do really want a dog but think ive got enough on my plate with a newborn on the way. zane would really love a dog bless him hes obsessed with them

There is a big ginger cat here that poops on my front steps! I never would have believed it until I saw him do it! I was thinking it was a small dog was doing it. Most cats are private about it but not this one!

There is a big ginger cat here that poops on my front steps! I never would have believed it until I saw him do it! I was thinking it was a small dog was doing it. Most cats are private about it but not this one!

this ones a ginger cat too lol

It always seemt o be the Bigger cats who push their luck lol there is a big one who used to try and sit on our fence and make our dog bark however not seen him/her for a while? maybe he went into one to many dogs gardens

my next door neighbours front garden is stones and they never have a problem with poo and in her back garden she has grass but a area thats filled with bark and again no problem :dohh: so i have no idea why this cat loves my grass so much.

maybe i can rent a dog hahaha

What kind of parent would encourage their child to hit or chase an animal? :(

I don't know why anyone would encourage animal cruelty, I was brought up to respect animals as well as people and I hope my children will also do the same. I would be horrified to think my children could purposely hurt an animal.

I was wondering that too.

To say you understand why someone would poison a cat is beyond belief. Its sick

Agree.

& can I just add some cats are loyal (mine certainly is!), and don't mess in others gardens. To harm any animal is disgusting, they deserve more respect.

& as for the cats who do poo in your garden, it isn't their fault their owners haven't trained them properly.

Ide never let LO chase or hurt an animal..

Theres no need to scare the living crap out the poor animal,

Ive used a water pistol on the cats we get but thats because they chase and kill the birds and leave them scattered everywhere..
If a cats just wandering around i leave it alone.
Xx

Agree.

& can I just add some cats are loyal (mine certainly is!), and don't mess in others gardens. To harm any animal is disgusting, they deserve more respect.

& as for the cats who do poo in your garden, it isn't their fault their owners haven't trained them properly.

all along i have said that i blame the owners :dohh: and that i find it selfish for their owners to let them out knowing that they are going to cause others problems.

if it comes between letting some random cat crap in my garden or try to get into my house i am going to chase it away......i fail to see how thats animal cruelty.
my sons health is far more important then letting some random cat crap in my garden because its "natural"

Why chase and scare a cat when it's just as easy to walk the cat out. Our neighbours cat is always in our garden, I think he wants me to adopt him :lol:. I won't chase him and scare him as I worry he'll run into a road and get knocked down. I walk him to our gate, shoo him and off he goes.

once uve tried walking towards the cat, saying shoo and it doesnt work then why would i keep doing something that isnt working?

and only because ive chased this cat isnt cruelty, ive not hit it or tried to poison it. and for the record my son loves animals including cats but he knows that they dont belong in our garden or house. id rather chase that cat then put my unborn child at risk by picking up more poo and i dont want my son near the horrible stuff.

so to those owners who let their cats out knowing they are going to poo in other peoples gardens..well good for u, u might be putting unborn children at risk because u think its so natural and ur too lazy to train ur cat

but the people questioning my parenting because i chase cats....well it must be nice up there on your high horse...im sure ur all perfect

i see your point but what happens if one day you get your son to chase the cat and instead of running off it turns round and scratches him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back