f*cking cats! *will offend cat owners/lovers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the above posters, I'm actually really surprised at the hostility of some on here towards cats.

Poisoning, trapping and trying to harm a cat by setting your dog on it is illegal, and tbh I'm surprised parents who are role models for children would advocate or 'understand' why someone would do such a thing.
I know it's not nice to find poop in your garden, and I advised earlier to get a super soaker of some sort or cat repellant to help with the problem.

FYI, my daughter would never ever chase or hurt a cat, dog or any animal. She treats them all with love and respect. She appreciates the beauty and uniqueness of every animal.

Even the foxes, birds and every other creature who crap in our garden :)haha:)

Cat's are strange creatures, and sometimes 'shooing' doesn't work the same as it would with a wild animal who fears humans. Using a water pistol or other physical deterrents (list here) is probably a better way, and could have a longer term effect that just shooing them off.

I'm sure the cat's owners provide toilet facilities for their cats, but unfortunately we have no control over their defecation any more than we have control over a childs...if they need to go, they need to go

x

Why chase and scare a cat when it's just as easy to walk the cat out. Our neighbours cat is always in our garden, I think he wants me to adopt him :lol:. I won't chase him and scare him as I worry he'll run into a road and get knocked down. I walk him to our gate, shoo him and off he goes.

Your tactic is working well then?! :wacko: lol.

Nowhere on this thread have I seen anyone say or even suggest that they harm animals :dohh: Thing some people need to get down from their high horses.

Cat's are strange creatures, and sometimes 'shooing' doesn't work the same as it would with a wild animal who fears humans. Using a water pistol or other physical deterrents (list here) is probably a better way, and could have a longer term effect that just shooing them off.

I'm sure the cat's owners provide toilet facilities for their cats, but unfortunately we have no control over their defecation any more than we have control over a childs...if they need to go, they need to go

x

Which is why our babys wear nappies :shrug: We wouldnt just open the back door and say 'off you go now' would we?

We've recently moved to a new area and the amount of cats here is shocking! I have nothing against cAts infAct if I see one I call it over to stroke it but one cat who comes into my garden is pushing it,I was pegging washing out the other day and ds1 was playing toys outside Nd this cat sits on our fence,ds1 bent down wher he was And wAs saying hello mr cat,come and see Tyler for a kiss! Next thing I know the cAt has jumped off the fence wAlking towards ds1 hissing at him I grabbed ds1 and ran in the house! I would never hurt an animal but if that cat had touched my son I wouldn't think twice of booting it! I know it sounds awful and I hope I never have to do it but if the time came I would

I would be mortified if I saw my LO chase, hurt or frighten an animal, or anything for that matter.
Children, IMO, learn so much from animals - being gentle, patient, etc. I now understand why you see stories in the papers of kittens being used as footballs, puppies thrown in rivers etc, if they're being taught that it's ok to be unkind at a young age what hope do they have :growlmad:

I love animals and I'm horrified at some of what I've seen in this thread.
I'm just glad my daughter wont think it's ok.

I would never ever harm a cat. My cat still lives at my mums but after owning my first dog in 2005 I am definitely now a dog person. I dont agree with any animal cruelty of any form though.

I was annoyed when a cat broke my pool and when they go through my bin bags but I will put up with it as its rare.

x

Which is why our babys wear nappies :shrug: We wouldnt just open the back door and say 'off you go now' would we?

No. But that would then mean complete confinement for the cats within the home, which some may find to be an unacceptable solution?

i see your point but what happens if one day you get your son to chase the cat and instead of running off it turns round and scratches him?

my son has chased a cat once and he was behind me...are u suggesting that im going to put my son at risk because i want him to chase cats?

and if a cat did hurt my son id be calling animal control and they could sort the thing out

I think the only problem with this thread is the talk of poisoning/killing/harm towards cats...

I have a cat that I have owned for 16 years (lives with my mum & dad) and the thought of someone doing something horrible to him because they don't like cats makes me feel sick. He's part of our family.

I totally agree with the OP that it is annoying to have to go around picking stuff up off your garden for the sake of a few owners who dont have trays or whatever for their cats, and also if you're pregnant you're not meant to touch it anyways, so yes it COULD be dangerous to pregnant ladies too. But its the same with SOME dog owners though when I take my son to the park, SOME owners leave dog poo on the grass.

But at the end of the day its no excuse to talk about capturing,poisoning or harming the animal. If you have a problem maybe talk to the neighbour who owns the cat.

Why chase and scare a cat when it's just as easy to walk the cat out. Our neighbours cat is always in our garden, I think he wants me to adopt him :lol:. I won't chase him and scare him as I worry he'll run into a road and get knocked down. I walk him to our gate, shoo him and off he goes.

Your tactic is working well then?! :wacko: lol.

Nowhere on this thread have I seen anyone say or even suggest that they harm animals :dohh: Thing some people need to get down from their high horses.

Yes it does work well, I was joking hence the ''lol'' smiley :dohh:

i find it unacceptable that i need to pick up someone elses pets poo before my son can go into his own garden.

and if i knew who owned this cat dont u think id of gone round there already? id not only pick up the poo id throw it back onto their garden

also I dont know many cats who randomly attack, my cat has scrathed my son but only coz he pulled on his tail :dohh: Most cats will just run off if you shout, bang on the window or walk towards them...

I would be mortified if I saw my LO chase, hurt or frighten an animal, or anything for that matter.
Children, IMO, learn so much from animals - being gentle, patient, etc. I now understand why you see stories in the papers of kittens being used as footballs, puppies thrown in rivers etc, if they're being taught that it's ok to be unkind at a young age what hope do they have :growlmad:

I love animals and I'm horrified at some of what I've seen in this thread.
I'm just glad my daughter wont think it's ok.

:haha: just because my son has chased a cat once hes going to turn into some kind of thrug now is he lol
thats so dramatic, my son loves animals and if he had his own way wed have a house full. and hes very gentle with animals but knows that i dont want strange cats in our house or garden.

I do think its annoying that I get judged on a day to day basis for my dogs breed yet she has never been uninvited on someone property or broken anything yet I have to pick up cat poo, one even did it on the trampoline =p

People run away from our dog even when shes on a lead, she a big softie but its the "rep". I think it is highly unfair that its one set of rules for cats and one set for dogs, if there is a stray dog its taken away, a cat? its just left, cans are allowed to be "wild" animals even though domesticated yet dogs cannot? Its all double standards if my dog had craps on someones garden and i was not there for what ever reason like she had escaped i would expect people to be annoyed just as i am about cat crap!

Also im sorry if anyone thought my question about IF my dog harmed or killed a cat was asked because I intend on her doing such things, it was just a general question.

I was telling the cAt to shoo but it was having none of it just carried on hissing at my son who thought the cat was "talking" to him! Lukily we've never had a problem with them pooing in the garden they just tend to sprAy wee on to their toys and whilst I hate thAt they do that I don't do anything I just get the hose pipe out the next time we go outside! We were considering getting a cAt not so long ago but tbh I
more of a dog person

I would be fine with someone chasing my cats out of their garden. I don't have to deal with this problem though as mine are indoor. I don't judge people who let their cats out but it's not for me. As a teenager my family lost a cat to foxes, they had ripped his head off so we could only bury the body.

Nemo has been gone for 3 days now and even though he died of a UTI the keratin levels in his kidneys were so high they had shut down. He essentially was a poisoned cat and I would give anything to have him back. He did not show signs of discomfort right until the end and was even purring when we had him at the vets.

I don't think anyone here would be so cruel as to poison a cat but there are those who do without second thought and I don't know how they live with themselves.

And as for dogs being judged... I own a german shepherd and a mastiff so I understand completely.

I would be fine with someone chasing my cats out of their garden. I don't have to deal with this problem though as mine are indoor. I don't judge people who let their cats out but it's not for me. As a teenager my family lost a cat to foxes, they had ripped his head off so we could only bury the body.

Nemo has been gone for 3 days now and even though he died of a UTI the keratin levels in his kidneys were so high they had shut down. He essentially was a poisoned cat and I would give anything to have him back. He did not show signs of discomfort right until the end and was even purring when we had him at the vets.

I don't think anyone here would be so cruel as to poison a cat but there are those who do without second thought and I don't know how they live with themselves.

:hugs: i'm so sorry for your loss hun x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back