f*cking cats! *will offend cat owners/lovers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone comes in my garden and gets harmed thats MY fault? pffft. Worlds gone mad!

As far as i was aware putting up signed to warn of a dog stops you getting in trouble because you have then warned people before they break in to your property :haha:

I can see ur point moomin about having to pay out for things to stop other peoples animals coming in, but what u'd be paying for would be your own peace of mind and if cat shit were a big problem in our yard I would happily buy a thing or some stuff to put down simply because I would rather do that than deal with the shit (which would piss me off a lot more than buying something)

It's the lesser of 2 evils really cos you're never gonna make cats never go out so

Hope that makes sense

xx

i will be buying something as i dont want my sons to become ill from someone elses pets poo, but its so frustrating that i have to because others dont have concideration for others and let cats out knowing they will do this.

I had a 'Beware of the Akita' sign in my front door window but the dog chewed it up lol.

People know we have her though and everybody knows not to go in the garden without warning her your there even though she has a 6 foot high dog pen!

We still get cats in our garden though they just arent sared of her. We had a guy come knocking on our door not long ago saying 'I think your dog is killing someones cat' so we ran outside and she had her mouth over our cats head but shes only playing and our cats know that but it must've looked scary to this poor bloke lol.

It is wrong that its the dogs fault for attacking an intruder though whether that be cat or person.

Oh I have a sign. Hopefully that works as I do use her as a bit of a guard dog! x

If someone comes in my garden and gets harmed thats MY fault? pffft. Worlds gone mad!

i no its ot but its my thread so i can lol

there was a man who broke into someone house afew yrs ago and he got injured and then took the home owners to court for his medical bills:dohh:
if my kids went into someones garden without asking and got hurt by a dog, it would be my childrens fault not the dogs....the world is going mad

bad news for dog owners

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uk...ges-if-dog-bites-anyone-on-your-property.html

A bit OT but be careful about having 'Beware of the dog' signs on your property, there have been cases where people have been bitten (intruders etc) by a dog and the owners have been prosecuted as they were deemed to have been aware that their dog was likely to bite.
We have a 'dog running free' sign so that anyone coming to our gate knows we have a dog and it's more just so that they don't leave the gate open than anything else.

ETA-you can't have a 'Guard Dog' sign either as any dog deemed to be used as a guard dog has to have a handler on the premises at all times!

A bit OT but be careful about having 'Beware of the dog' signs on your property, there have been cases where people have been bitten (intruders etc) by a dog and the owners have been prosecuted as they were deemed to have been aware that their dog was likely to bite.
We have a 'dog running free' sign so that anyone coming to our gate knows we have a dog and it's more just so that they don't leave the gate open than anything else.

I might change my signs then, get a.. A german shepherd lives here for the front and a free running dog one for the back

although i do like this one lol

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=130517265452

really gets me how much is taken away from dogs! dogs are working animals and some are hunting dogs and yet they are punished for their natural reactions/instincts but theres a bloody law saying yes cats can shit on ur grass so deal with it

It would appeal cats have more rights than dogs which is stupid they are both wild and demesticated animals! However it would also appear someone trespassing on my property has more rights than me or my dog.. go figure

really gets me how much is taken away from dogs! dogs are working animals and some are hunting dogs and yet they are punished for their natural reactions/instincts but theres a bloody law saying yes cats can shit on ur grass so deal with it

Yes your cat can rip up my bin bags, paddling pool and shit on my trampoline but my dog cant bark. Fuck off!

My DH has just come home and said about the dog signs. He also said that 'you're dog has to be secured at all times' so we think we are covered because we have a dog gate on our kitchen door so if someone broke in from the front they would see the dog before she could get to them.

Although this doesnt help for when my husband goes away because i like my dog to be in the hallway when DH isnt home at night!

i also have 2 dogs so don't agree on dogs not having rights if someone trespasses on my property,it is shit!,but still don't agree with people thinking it is ok to harm other people pets either i am just an animal lover.

My DH has just come home and said about the dog signs. He also said that 'you're dog has to be secured at all times' so we think we are covered because we have a dog gate on our kitchen door so if someone broke in from the front they would see the dog before she could get to them.

Although this doesnt help for when my husband goes away because i like my dog to be in the hallway when DH isnt home at night!

Ahh so we are covered then? We have a stairgate from the front door to living room, a stair gate on the stairs, and stair gate between the living room and kitchen? and in the garden the dog is also on a tie-down cable so she cannot dig out if she wanted to but can roan the garden.

there are also ferral cats in the uk. we have a 'pack' where i work and they breed like anything xx

Don't get me started. I hate hate hate hate the cat crap in my garden. It doesn't help that our estate has more cat residents than human :dohh:

I have a jug kept on the window sill ready to be filled and chucked towards a cat if i see one in my garden. Doesn't keep them away for long though because there is ALWAYS at least one spot of crap the next time I go out there.

I also hate the fact that if I leave my back door open they will just stroll on indoors :shrug: Bloody things.

completely random but..

If i cat came into my garden and my dog hurt it/killed it, even though my dog is secured in my garden would my dog/I be the one at fault and be made to pay vets bills/get the dog put down?

No, wouldnt be your responsibility. I'd refuse anyway.

It would appeal cats have more rights than dogs which is stupid they are both wild and demesticated animals! However it would also appear someone trespassing on my property has more rights than me or my dog.. go figure

But if someone ran over my cat they could leave it on the side of the road, if it wa a dog & you did that you'd get prosecuted. That riles me, my cat (lives with my parents) is 16 years old and if he got ran over he could just be left & no one would have any legal obligation to tell us even though he wears a collar with telephone number & address on.

I dont think cats have more rights than cats.

Plus as annoying as it is, there's no way anyone can follow their cat round all day picking up their poo. And even if you could control it, we have foxes, stray cats, rabbits and other animals round here (who's poo I also have to pick up off my garden) - whos responsibility is that?

As I said earlier in the thread, orange peel should deter cats & it doesn't cost a fortune. Problem solved.

Pet hate of mine too. I mean, we wouldnt let our kids roam round and do it in the neighbours gardens, would we? lol.....

My other pet hate is horses :growlmad: well, not the horss as such but the owners, why are they allowed to just do it al over the road/pavement :shrug: If that was a dog you would be fined.

Most responsible horse owners/riders put 'nappies' on their to catch it all and then dispose of it back at the yard..
Well atleast i do!!
Maybe cats should have nappies too!!
X

I've not seen a single horse with one of those....ever, and I live in a v ery rural area so see lots :shrug: Maybe they just havent reached good old Cumbria yet?

Really?!
I've had horses for years until last summer and I never put a nappy on mine or heard of anyone else doing it?!
People used to come out and take it for their gardens :haha:
There souldn't be horse poo on the pavement anyway they aren't allowed on there.

I've got cats, I wouldn't mind if my neighbours chased/hosed them out, they aren't stupid they'll soon learn that they aren't welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"