failed 1 hour glucose need advice

Reaction score
so i failed my glucose supposede to be 100 and mine was 206, i have to go for 3 hour one, i already have section scheduled for 39 weeks, could i possibly go earlier?? if i have gd, what will they do, how does it work?? and advice would help, would they schedule section earlier?

I don't have any advice sorry, I don't have my glucose test till Monday. Curious to know...have you had any symptoms of GD? I have been feeling ill for weeks and midwives just keep saying oh its part of pregnancy but I am on #5 and never felt like this before? Xx

Hi I think I answered most of your questions on your third tri section thread but have a wee look at the thread in here about gestational birth questions I got a lot of info in there as I'm newly diagnosed.

For the other lady, I never had any symptoms at all of GD, it's very often symptomless!! Good luck to you both xx

Typically when you get over 200 on the 1-hour they just diagnose you on the spot. I'm surprised they're having you do the 3-hour. In any case, I had insulin-controlled GD and was not going to be induced until 39+3 (although DS came on his own at 39+1). In the US, GD patients are usually induced somewhere during week 39 unless sugars can't be controlled. I HIGHLY suggest you google "gestational diabetes mamas." I don't like to endorse other sites in general, but believe me...it'll be a lifesaver to you. Good luck!

P.S. Not sure why it's only showing me as having 1 post! Did it start me over because of the fact that I haven't posted since my son was born in November. I feel ripped off! ;)

P.S. Not sure why it's only showing me as having 1 post! Did it start me over because of the fact that I haven't posted since my son was born in November. I feel ripped off! ;)

It's because you are using two accounts. Please revert to your original account. :thumbup:

Get the 3 hour test done...I got a 170 on my 1 hour and just barely failed the 3 hour...so I was put on a diet...it's actually quite easy to follow. I eat a lot of whole grains, veggies, fruits and protein. I eat really well and my GD is completely diet controlled and also I have not gained more than 2 pounds in the last 2 months...but the baby is growing at a healthy rate. It's not as scary as it sounds...they will try diet control and then meds before they stick you on insulin. As long as you follow the rules I don't see any reason you would be induced earlier? They will monitor you carefully with ultrasounds and non stress tests and if you keep passing them they keep letting you go. I'll be 37 weeks on Monday. I've been informed they won't let me go past 40 weeks...but that's ok with me.

PP is right. Diet is the biggest part of control. When I had GD with my first it was awful. They put me on metformin and my sugar would drop too low so I would panic and eat or drink something sugary. They really didn't help me figure out a healthy diet to follow. My daughter was 11 lbs. and 15 oz and born at 38 weeks so she could have been bigger. It was awful because she had to be put in NICU because she couldn't regulate her sugar or blood pressure. It makes it hard to enjoy pregnancy when you are constantly trying to maintain steady and healthy sugars, but it is so important to the health of your baby.
Symptoms can be excessive thirst, frequent urination, and headaches. But as a poster above said you can also not have a single symptom of it.

It's because you are using two accounts. Please revert to your original account. :thumbup:

Ugh, I've lost my mind! This is my original account! Thanks. :)

Thanks ladies, what a big help, just worried about her weight with dd i was induced at 40+2 and had a section, didnt have gd with her and she was 8 lbs 8 oz so their saying.im.measuring 31 weeks and she weighs 4lbs already!!

Also im.just scared i want her to be healthy i would feel quilty if she wasnt bc i have GD.. Mt mom has diabetes and she struggles every day with.it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->