Failed vasectomy?

SophL

Reaction score
Is anyone pregnant despite the fact ther SO has had a vasectomy? I feel pregnant (I'm not quite due AF yet and tests are saying BFN) just like I did with my DS and DD. Driving myself crazy over here!

The probability is so small, but it must happen, right?

Did ur hubby ever have to preform the sperm test after he had the op, that checks for swimmer ,I had a friend though who's husband thought it would be all good , so never did and she had baby number 3, need less to say he had the op again and followed the rules strictly for

How long ago was the vasectomy? My sister's husband had one and had to go back repeatedly to test for swimmers...he still had them at least 6 months out from what I can remember (it was about 5 years ago).

We followed the advice. Contraception for 16 weeks and then got an all clear sample. The vasectomy was 7 months ago. Unfortunately, I've had pregnancy symptoms this month so googled it (silly me) and of course have come across several similar stories leading to pregnancy. Google was a bad idea...

It's highly unlikely but it does happen. There was a lady on the forum who got pregnant with twins after her husband had a vasectomy, but like I said you're most likely safe.

It's possible. I have PCOS and don't ovulate every month, even though I have regular cycles and 3 toddlers. I feel pregnant one cycle before I ovulate every time, so I know that when I feel pregnant, I'm probably going to get pregnant the next month. And I have so far, without failure. Lol. (I only found out about PCOS because I went in, complaining that I couldn't lose weight no matter what I did, so my doctor checked my hormones and verified via ultrasound when I wasn't pregnant. I don't have any really obvious symptoms.) But that feeling could just be your body saying it's ready to be pregnant again!

How interesting! I have been pregnant or breastfeeding from Dec 2011 to earlier this year, so perhaps you are right and my body is trying to get pregnant again.

AF is finally here. 5 days late just to make me squirm, haha.

Yaaay! I'm sure you are so relieved! Our bodies are so strange. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->