Faint positive on FRER 3 weeks after miscarriage?

Babyme5

Reaction score
Hi ladies... I'm new although I have been lurking for quite some time! I recently had a m/c that started on Oct.2, 2012. My beta was 292 at that time, and then a week later it was 105. I never went back for another blood test after that bc I figured it was going down at an average rate. I was still having pos OPK's for almost 2 weeks after the m/c and finally they went to neg. A few days later I had EWCM, took another OPK and it was positive. I'm pretty sure I ovulated (nipples were sore afterwards, as usual). My question is this: I just took a FRER (which btw was a faint positive when my beta was 9 confirmed by blood test)... and have another faint positive line, however, my wondfo tests are still negative. Do you think this could be a new pregnancy or left over from the old one? It's been 3 weeks, 2 days since I started bleeding. I did not have a D&C an miscarried naturally. I was supposedly 7 weeks but the pregnancy was actually never confirmed on US so not sure what happened exactly. All I know I that my uterus was empty at my 7 week appointment. any thoughts/opinions would be so helpful :)

I'm not really sure, but I hope it's a new healthy pregnancy!

I'm not really sure, but I hope it's a new healthy pregnancy!

Me too girl. I feel like I'm reliving the last pregnancy all over again, it's hell lol. I'm such a POAS addict. I ordered a bunch of internet cheapies but they just aren't as good as the FRER. To get a faint positive when my beta was 7 is so crazy to me. Most people dont get a blood test that early but I was bleeding so I went to the ER and that's how I found out it was a 7. I proceeded to bleed every month around the same time my period was due, so if I wasn't trying I never would've known I was even pregnant. I keep looking up online how long it takes for your beta to drop and most say 2 weeks. And mine was never high to begin with (300 3 weeks ago) so I can't imagine it would still be hanging around! Hate waiting! lol

Oh, i am an addict too! i think i tested last month at 7DPO! I got a bunch of the Internet cheapies too, from early-pregnancy-tests.com, they are pretty good, I've always got a pretty early result on them. I don't normally buy the FRER because I go through a lot of tests...DH doesn't need to know that! Hehe!

Keep testing, and I would call your OBGYN to get a blood test! Do you have a pic of the test?

I got my first faint pos (with my first pregnancy at 6 dpo!!! pscyho that i was even testing that early!) No one could see the line except me and DH thought I was crazy lol. I don't have a pic of the test :/ I can see the line without really "looking" for it but it's def not a BFP. I'm just not sure if it's a "new" positive or an "old" positive. I just don't see how it would be 3 weeks later and my beta is still above 5 (I'm assuming since i have a faint pos). I have a whole bag of wondfo's. I took THREE today! I am completely crazy. I splurged and bought a 3 pack of FRER bc I feel like it's easier to monitor the color of the lines on those lol and I've already used 2 of them. I need an intervention lol. I doesn't help that I'm having all the same symptoms. Mostly just really watery/wet CM and i keep getting shooting pains in bbs near my armpits. My left ovary/side has been constantly achy since yesterday. It seems SO early for any of this to be going on so i'm wondering if that's just normal for me since I've only been off the pill for a few months. Idk :/

I was a mess after my mc on sep 15, and I used opks after to try not to then was freaking out feeling like I was peego again. One day it felt like pms and the next like I was prego again. I was relieved finally get af, but only because I was still working with my doc on getting my thyroid meds right. Hopefully you will get a bfp.since you're trying. I know 4 women that had an early mc the first.time.then went on to have babies no probs. 2 of them I heard about after telling them what I was going through. It sucks that we have had losses but it was comforting to hear how common it can for a mc to happen but not cause any issues for having babies after one. Hope we all have good luck.

Yes I totally understand how you feel, I was so excited. I guess God spared me the grief of actually having it confirmed by seeing a sac (never did see one). I just took another wondfo and I see a faint line that I haven't seen before. Could be my mind playing tricks on me! Only time will tell. I am sorry for your loss as well. I'm def ready to move on and keep trying!

That is awesome. If your frer gets darker the next day you could very well be prego. I think it's a good sign that your opks dropped to neg. It sounds like there's new hormones now for you!!!

Symptom wise it's actually not too early for some, because they are caused by progesterone and estrogen. In early pregnancy as soon as the egg is fertilized the body releases progesterone and estrogen. It's just the hGC that isn't released until implantation!

I am in the SAME situation,. I miscarried about 6-8 weeks on Sept 17. and got a BFP on Oct 18. So far so good for me but fingers crossed we both have H&h pregnancies. Keep me updated

Ok the top test is 2 days ago and the bottom one is today! What do you think?!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 33
The first one is hard to tell in the pic, but the second one looks like a faint pos to me! How long would it take for a bloodtest? My GP has a walk-in lab and I'm supposed to call and go in the second I have a positive.

Yeah the first one didn't have a line (that was yesterday's) and the bottom one is from today... So there shouldn't be a faint line all of sudden appearing out of nowhere! That was exactly how my first BFP started out. I'm still skeptical! I actually have an order to get another beta from my m/c but I never went. I'm gonna wait it out I think! Bc then if it comes back low he might say it's leftover from the m/c...

But that weird metal taste is back and I keep getting shooting pains on one side of my vagina lol (sorry tmi). Kinda feels like AF is on the way!

the metallic taste is def a preg symptom. If you get a beta test that has HCG, they can't rule out if it is leftover unless they have you come back in about 4 days and see if it's rising. I'm also fresh off the pill like you are, and when I get my BFP they want to do beta and check my progesterone. I guess sometimes after extended bc use they give you progesterone to help support it. I think if you had any HCG in your blood they would want to check again in a few days.

Going from a negative to a positive and your symptoms, girl I think you got knocked up! lol It's happened to 2 women that I know personally before they had AF again, so I know it's very possible!!

Well I guess I'll just give it a few days. AF is due the 31st usually but m/c started on oct 2nd so somewhere around there I think lol I really don't know. I have one FRER left and a bunch of wondfos so I'm gonna wait a few days (probably not, I'll probably use it tomorrow lol). At least I'll know I it's getting darker than I'm probably pregnant. I always wondered if I needed progesterone. I only waited one cycle after stopping birth control to try and ended up getting pregnant first try. I had a feeling something was off from day one. My first beta was a 7 then went to 65 so it rose appropriately but starts out so low. I think it had a 50/50 chance of making it. I also went to a crazy amusement park during my 2ww and I'll never shake the feeling that that ruined my implantation! Not blaming myself but I'll always wonder. Even though I haven't been trying long, it feels like forever bc I had to wait so long to get to the point where I was stable enough. I just went through nursing school and it was pure hell. I've been waiting my whole life to be a mother :/ it will happen when God wants it to I know that for sure :)

Plus the first time we BD every day from CD 9 to CD 21. I think it was over kill. Plus I was standing on my head for hours after lol so much work. This time I barely tried. We only BD for 3 days around ovulation.

I'm not even telling my husband bc "a line" isn't a line to him. He didn't believe me last time until it was blazing pink! I'm gonna surprise him this time in a cute way if I am pregnant. Haven't figured out how yet. I did so many crazy things my first time to get pregnant but it worked in guess lol. No more standing on my head that's for sure lol :/ I'm so happy I have you guys to at least tell someone and talk about it lol.

I have one FRER left and a bunch of wondfos so I'm gonna wait a few days (probably not, I'll probably use it tomorrow lol).

Ha! I was the same way when I got my first BFP. We had tried not to in August because I was fighting off a really bad sinus infection, bad to the point they were talking about doing surgery to remove the infected tissue. I did NOT believe that faint pink line and it was an older test that I had had from awhile back when I thought I got prego. I went and bought 3 diff brands of tests and was going to try one of each the next 3 days.

NOT! I peed on them all that night and confirmed it at the doctor the next day still! :haha: Luckily I had a bunch of CVS bucks so it didn't cost a fortune.

I have also had the same thoughts about waiting a little bit to tell the DH this time if I get prego. Like until I get at least 1-2 appts in at the Dr. When I found out in Sept I was prego they could tell early on that it was chemical or ectopic because of my low levels. Luckily when I m/c there was no pain and ultrasound after looked good so they are doubtful it was ectopic. Since it was a chemical pregnancy they assured me that I'm less likely to have complications and could try right away.

I really hope you are BFP for yourself, and for all of the TTC'ers. It is so wonderful to see this can work for others and keeps me hopeful!

I am so nauseous. And that metal taste is just horrible. If I'm not prego my body is playing a very mean joke on me lol. My dr also said we could try right away. I was gonna wait but that quickly changed when I realized I was ovulating again lol. I hope everyone ttc gets their BFP too! It's such an emotional topic! It took my sister in law a year to get pregnant. She's due this week! It sees like everyone is pregnant when you're trying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->