Faint positive on FRER 3 weeks after miscarriage?

Ugh. Idk why it always tells me my file is too large! It's a cell phone pic!

I'm sorry about your chemical pregnancy! It most certainly still was a pregnancy!!! People can be so heartless and emotionless. I sort of liked my OBGYN but absolutely HATE his nurse!! She is just the most insensitive person I have ever met. And I AM A NURSE lol so I know what she should and shouldn't be doing and how you should talk to a patient in a therapeutic way... not YELL at them when they call bc they are BLEEDING! You have a fragile, pregnant woman on the phone, bleeding and scared and you're being rude and nasty? Makes me never want to go back there ever!

Yes I had a beta done on oct 8th and it was 105. I figured it was dropping quickly (it was 300 5 days prior) so there was no need. Plus I hated her and kinda wanted to annoy her:happydance:

I will go back and get it done, especially if my lines get darker. I told her I had a faint positive and she said I must have a condition where my body always has HCG in it!!!! LMAO like are you serious? I've taken many pregnancy tests in my day that have been MORE THAN NEGATIVE lol. UGh I just can't stand her. Even that office brings back horrible memories. But I know if I am pregnant again that I'll get in MUCH quicker if I go back there. Otherwise, switching Dr.'s would take forever to get in as a new patient! Sucks!!! And I really post my dang picture! lol

Lol, we need to pair up my nurse with your doctor. I swear she is a total angel! I was just surprised because I LOVE my general practitioner doctor (she is a tiny little woman with a twinkle in her eye that makes you feel like you are visiting Santa or something) and she RAVED about this OB. I was pretty excited about it until I actually saw her. She does work at one of the best women's clinics around, so I will probably stick with her if I can't change OBs.

I went back and read your first posts about the betas. And that is great you got rechecked and it was at 100. The OPKs you were taking even pick up HCG since its similar to LH and they went negative, so that nurse was smoking crack saying you always had HCG. Sheesh. I know you are trying not to freak out and get your hopes up, but I'm excited bc I think you are prego. If they quit showing up on your OPKs then your levels dropped well below 100.

Is the metallic taste still there? I can see how some symptoms could be confusing for women, like the cramps, sore bbs, but I don't see how that metallic taste could be anything else. What about your sense of smell? I could have out-sniffed my basset hound at 3 weeks.

Ya know its weird. I only had the metallic taste really bad for that one day and slightly again a few random times. And my body odor smells SO strong to me! Idk if its changing or I can smell it better but the same thing happened last time I was pregnant. I hope it's not a chemical :/ my stomach has been gurgling all day which was another big symptom last time for me. But the biggest symptom at all is the watery discharge I've had. I've only ever noticed that when I was pregnant. I think it's supposed to be thick mom fertile CM not clear like water. I do think I'm pregnant too but idk if its going to be a chemical bc I feel like the lines should be darker by now. Still 3 days away from my period though (roughly). I may have ovulated a day or 2 later I'm not sure bc I wasn't temping.

Non fertile not mom fertile lol I hate my phone!

Mom fertile had me chuckling. Well GL, and I don't think it's a bad thing the lines are faint if it's 2 days before, especially if AF could be further out. It's hard to track after a mc.

Mom fertile had me chuckling. Well GL, and I don't think it's a bad thing the lines are faint if it's 2 days before, especially if AF could be further out. It's hard to track after a mc.

Well we only BD on the 18th, 19th, and 20th but my opk's were positive for 2 days so i'm not sure if you ovulate starting from the first one or second. I've read conflicting info on both so I could be a day or 2 off. Really hope they get darker soon. Even the FRER is still a squinter :growlmad:

I think the HCG results in the blood are higher than they are with HPT tests, so I'd think about going, and then get it rechecked next week to see if it's climbing. Did you have bloodwork at all after the m/c?

I'm so sorry that you've had a bad experience nurse. I didn't really like my OBGYN at the women's clinic my doctor referred me to, but I love the nurses. I may stay at the clinic but change to another doctor. I have a follow up this Friday with the OB so I'll see how that goes. I had a chemical pregnancy. I understand what that is, it doesn't stick and basically passes through without ever implanting. The doctor was not sympathetic at all, gave no reassurances, and kept saying "well you were never really pregnant" to an emotional woman 4 days after a m/c. I swear if she had said that ONE more time I was never pregnant I was going to punch her in the mouth. I had a BFP on a home test AND a confirmation positive at the doctors office, plus symptoms and joy. I don't care what the technicalities were, I was freaking pregnant. Grrrr. Thank god the nurse that came in after to do my bloodwork was wonderful and full of great information, and she was also really awesome when I called in during my next AF because I was in so much pain. The doctor could learn a thing or two from her nurse!

I hope you get in to get tested soon and find out soon and that it's a BFP, and they are nicer when you go in. They should not work with women who are pregnant and trying to get pregnant if they can't be more understanding. Shaking my head!

I have had people tell me that too, and it so insensitive! Just like when someone says "at least it was early and not later in your pregnancy"!

Here is my test from today. It has definitely gotten darker as of today. Here's the kicker! My beta was NEGATIVE yesterday! My test is definitely positive so I'm stumped, however, it wasn't as dark yesterday as today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 30
I would be stumped too. Maybe if you go in for a beta next week?

I just took another first response at it was even darker a few hours later. I also took a wondfo and it was way darker than the last. I def think its a BFP. I tried to make an appointment for a few weeks and my insurance is messed up! So now I have to go get emergency pregnancy insurance. I'm gonna wait a little bit though, no need to rush. My nurse said call her back in 2 weeks if I don't get AF. I think that I ovulated on the 21st or 22nd NOT the 19th. My OPK was still pos then so I think you ovulate about 2 days later.

I just took another first response at it was even darker a few hours later. I also took a wondfo and it was way darker than the last. I def think its a BFP. I tried to make an appointment for a few weeks and my insurance is messed up! So now I have to go get emergency pregnancy insurance. I'm gonna wait a little bit though, no need to rush. My nurse said call her back in 2 weeks if I don't get AF. I think that I ovulated on the 21st or 22nd NOT the 19th. My OPK was still pos then so I think you ovulate about 2 days later.

Keep us updated!! Oh, and btw, I love your profile pic!

I definitely will keep you posted! :) I know, I love that quote too! Keep me updated with you too!!

I definitely will keep you posted! :) I know, I love that quote too! Keep me updated with you too!!

Well, I took a test this morning at 8DPO, I was trying to wait till at least Sunday to test but the test-a-holic in me got the best of me! Anyways, I got a :bfn:, but I know it's way to early!

Sorry about the BFN. I took one today only bc I have my first follow up at the OB today. Full on girly appt and I'm going to be invaded. =/

It was way too early for me to have a positive, but I thought I'd give it a shot since I have the early ones that are sensitive to 10miu. I really think I missed the egg this month since I OVd about 4 days later than what my tickers were saying and my DH was sick when the time finally arrived. I am so sure that I missed it that I donated blood yesterday. I'll probably retest a few times next week to be sure, but I really don't think I am this month.

Keep us posted BabyMe. Hopefully you are the first bfp on the thread and we get some more to follow!

Ugh. So I guess I have more bad news. My digital FINALLY came up pregnant and then I got AF! Same exact thing that happened last pregnancy! I went for a beta on the 31st before AF was due and it was a 4!!!! I have to go back monday for another one but I already know it's going to be a chemical. I thought the chances of having 2 consecutive m/c's was 5%?!!!! I'm just devastated, idk what is wrong with me but I'm clearly implanting way too late or something. I just can't believe this happened AGAIN! I'm still bleeding and my stupid pregnancy tests are still positive. Never got as dark as the control line and still aren't. I just hope this doesn't take forever to end like the last one :( Feeling really discouraged at this point since I get pregnant right away but can't seem to STAY pregnant!

I am so sorry. When was your AF due to start? I'm so scared that if I get prego right away the same thing might happen to me since I just quit taking BCP.

I don't think this is very common and AF was due Nov 2nd. If I wasn't testing so early I would have no clue I was even pregnant. If you can even call it pregnant. Seems like I'm having trouble implanting or something idk! I'm so worried something is wrong but I've read that having chemicals is just so common that they don't even investigate it. Maybe I just have really bad luck. I'm going for a beta on Monday just to see where it's at hopefully it doesn't get as high as last time bc id like this to just be over with already. Again. I can't believe it happened again, I was so sure all would be fine. The funny part is that I have never missed a period since my FIRST pregnancy. I've bled every month right on time. So idk if that's different than a "clinical" pregnancy miscarriage. What do you think?? I just started taking baby aspirin and b6 since I read that helps. Who knows but it's worth a shot :/

I still have a faint positive FRER too but it's no way even close to the control line. At least I had a dark line at this point the last time so this one didnt take at all I dont think.

I'm going to pray for you and keep thinking positive. Maybe it's implanting? Hoping if you test in the am or Monday its darker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->