Fainting?!

JerseyMommy2B

Reaction score
I could really use some opinions with this:
I have recently (last week) started to faint- both times while I was out shopping. The first time I went to the hospital, the second time I didn't. I have read that this could be caused by a number of things, but it is still very scary (especially because I was by myself the second time!)

If anyone has any experience with this, I'd really appreciate it!!

I had this exact thing last week I didn't know what was happening. Sitting at my desk i felt so weird dizzy and faint, I didnt want to stand up just incase I couldnt walk. I felt myself go pale as. I got throught the rest of the day and went home and took some iron and iodine tablets and came right. It was horrible.

This happens to me each time I'm pregnant, and for me it's low blood pressure... even though when they would measure my blood pressure, it would be fine, during a dizzy spell it would go nearly non-existent. My doc assured me that it's harmless (baby is getting all the blood it needs) and just to make sure to sit down the moment you start to find your vision go dark around the edges. (be especially wary while driving) -I've heard people say that their blood sugar can cause them problems too. Make sure to mention it to your doctor, but try not to stress over it. :hugs:

me.. ive had it from about 12 weeks ish!! maybe before :( at first it was due to me having hyperemis and not eating/ drinking.. paramedics came out to me at home and tried giving me fluids by drip but they couldnt get it in my vein (my veins seem to be really thick on the outside!) so just made me drink water from a bottle and if i hadnt drunk the whole 500ml bottle within 2 hours babys dad had to ring hosp and get me in asap :( so i drank the water!!

and then i kind of recovered from all that but was still fainting, my blood pressure had then become really really low.. i was given them stocking things to try encourage my blood flow but they didnt work :( and other than that there was nothing my dr could do.. he said some ladys just suffer with it all through pregnancy but it goes away after apparently! so im stuck with it.. and thats why im signed off work untill the end of my maternity leave! because im a waitress the heat makes it worse and if i collapse whist serving a customer i could get us all in big trouble!

if you wish to message me at any point feel free :) xx

I had this today!! I was at work sitting at my desk and went faint and dizzy and then got a massive cold sweat and felt like I was going to puke. My doctor had me come in and all was fine. He thinks it was my blood sugar and wants me to eat something every hour. He said just like an orange or something but to not wait so long between meals. So, I came home and just slept the rest of the day bit now I'm up and eating some grapes and going to make sure I'm eating often when I'm awake. We'll see if it works. That was scary.

I start to black out if i lay on my back too long (like during ultrasounds) or when I'm driving. My doctor told me its because of my blood pressure dropping due to the babies pushing on an artery that towards the back. She told me to drink poweraid or gatoraide and it should help me feel better.

It can also be from low blood sugar in your case so make sure you are staying hydrated and eating often enough :D

OT-but where in NJ are you from? I live in southern NJ :D

I have always had low blood pressure and usually fainted when I was sick! But since Ive been pregnant usually I just black out if I get up too fast. Even though last week I went to the hospital cause I felt I was about to faint and they just said to relax and drink plenty of water. I hope this helps, just becareful what you do and make sure you always have a place to sleep and dont do much walking or shopping by yourself<3 Let me know if things lighten up.

I had have fainted twice which is unlike me, once way back in february, it was the day after an all day drinking session at the football, i thought it was the fag or lack of food, then back at the beginning of April, my mum and i were shopping with my niece and we were in this shop and i began to feel sick then light headed then everything went silent and fuzzy and then my sight was going, luckily my mum noticed my face going pure white and held onto my arm and i collapsed but she grabbed me so i just feel onto my knees

And the first thing she said was are your pregnant, NO.............little did i know that the week after i found out i was pregnant

Its a scary experience and i hope i dont have to experience it again

Prob your blood pressure. Make sure you're eating regularly and drink loads.

i was like this with low blood pressure you need to make sure your fully hydrated as it will give you a higher blood volume if this makes sense just type in low blood pressure pregnancy in google and it will give you some tips to make yourself feel better ! ::Dx

Thanks for all your imput- It makes me feel better that there is not something wrong! I spoke with my dr today, but she just told me to eat and drink more.

@ Kristen- I am from central Jersey, by Princeton :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->