Fake faint line madness?!!

The opk looks positive for sure, I am not sure if I am seeing much the prego tests. There may be some very very faint lines, but is that just that particular brand? With all the faint false lines on BNB lately, I am losing my confidence in prego tests!

Same here. I had so many ICs before with the faintest of faint lines but I'm guessing they were all indents. It's incredibly frustrating!

Josephine, on your zoomed in photo I can see the line, it looks pink and I can see it inverted easily too. I can also see faint lines on the others. I wonder if this will continue? I think this is the most colourful line you have posted so far though

Maybe they do pick up on LH a little bit then!

Well im thinking cos of the pcos maybe my corpus luteum is hanging around after ov and producing tiny amounts of hcg?

The corpus luteum hangs around for about 10-14 days after ov as it is responsible for secreting progesterone. I don't know much about it producing hCG, I have only read briefly about ovarian cysts producing hCG, causing false positives

I think the corpus luteum is a kind of cyst? And it gets 'left behind' each time u ov if u have pcos creating multiple cysts. Thats how i understand it anyway!

Ah right, yes it does get leftover as it has to be, since progesterone is essential to support a possible pregnancy but I haven't read much about them causing positive tests, only that they can

Ok so i had an evening pee that was super dark i couldnt resist dipping my last 10miu. Pics are at about 20 mins tbh it was dinner time and i couldnt take any but didnt want to leave it sat out and risk the loss of hcg lol. Here it is same test just diff pics

Attachments

• 2017-04-22 20.32.52.jpg
    2017-04-22 20.32.52.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 2017-04-22 20.30.27.jpg
    2017-04-22 20.30.27.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 2017-04-22 21.34.00.jpg
    2017-04-22 21.34.00.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 2017-04-22 21.39.07.jpg
    2017-04-22 21.39.07.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 2017-04-22 21.39.59.jpg
    2017-04-22 21.39.59.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 28
I can see an obvious line there. I don't know if there's any colour? Was the line there after the twenty minutes or were you able to check before? Are you sure there haven't been any hiccups this cycle and perhaps you ovulated earlier?

Thanks - i got a pic at like 2 min but these tests take ages to clear so its a lil smudgy. Didnt get to look again till about 20 mins this is this 2 min pic (i think iv confused myself a bit lol)

I cant see how iv ov'd early like i say cos i had neg opk from cd 10-15. But i feel like i have.. we dtd cd 9 he def used a condom but we both had a fair bit to drink so i cant say how well it wad used but hes usually pretty careful as he doesnt want a third x

Attachments

• 2017-04-22 22.26.24.jpg
    2017-04-22 22.26.24.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 2017-04-22 22.26.54.jpg
    2017-04-22 22.26.54.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 25
I can't tell on these, because when I click on them it's too small and when I zoom in it isn't as clear. I know what you mean though, they do seem to take ages for the dye to clear to a point you can actually reliably tell whether there's a line there. Some of the ICs I have used have said on the pack to wait until the dye clears to read them.
Hmmm... if you were both drunk then perhaps it wasn't as reliably protected as first thought. You may have missed you surge. If you have conceived, the OPK may be detecting hCG? I guess time will tell and if these are actual lines then you will see them progress in the following days

It states on pack to 'read after 10 mins' ( which seems odd) but doesnt seem to state an upper limit.

I'm guessing it means read at only ten minutes? But they aren't clear, perhaps there's more info online somewhere? Do they have a website?

The company actually emailed me after i filled in a feedback form they sent a week or so ago ( saying id had dodgy faint lines last time) i will try to copy what they said...

It also says to look for a 'rose-pink coloured' line in the test area which is an odd thing to say too!

Heres what they sent me about faint lines : Good morning
I am very sorry you were unhappy with your purchase as highlighted by the negative feedback left on our Access Diagnostics website recently.
Can I draw you attention to our Blog on our website explaining why you may think these are false positives as below.
This is a very common question we get asked a lot as the tests have changed over the years and more tests are now ultra 10miu tests which are far more sensitive and they do need to show a DISTINCT line to indicate a positive result.

https://www.accessdiagnostics.co.uk/acatalog/FAQ-1.html
There is a faint line on my pregnancy test, am I pregnant ?

If the Test line is only just there or really faint the test may not be positive. Most modern test are so sensitive that they will give a really clear strong colour Test line as soon as there is hcg at 10miu and above.

A positive test will be crystal clear with a strong T line under the control line. Do not come back to a test later as any test * ** *line forming after the correct read time is not an accurate result. Wait at least 24 hours and repeat the test, making sure to use a first morning void, and hopefully the line will be stronger and appear sooner the following day.

I wrote back asking specifically about the time limit and colour!

Okay I just read the link you posted and your post. Based on those, they are basically saying "a very faint line" = "negative". Which is good to know. It sounds like you will always get faint lines with this company...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->