Fake faint line madness?!!

Ok so you kno how im a poas addict? :hehe: well.. i dipped a hpt in the same sample as the pos opk above. I felt i could see a hint of something. Well 2 hrs later my next pee was more concentrated so again i did an opk ( wanted to see how dark i could get it lol) and thought id do another hpt to see if that was any darker on the more concentrated sample too. I swear it is? Top test is the lighter sample!

Attachments

• 2017-05-27 22.49.48.jpg
    2017-05-27 22.49.48.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 23
With fmu a green and a one step

Attachments

• 2017-05-28 08.51.36.jpg
    2017-05-28 08.51.36.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 2017-05-28 08.50.53.jpg
    2017-05-28 08.50.53.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 2017-05-28 08.40.25.jpg
    2017-05-28 08.40.25.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 9
  • 2017-05-28 08.43.09.jpg
    2017-05-28 08.43.09.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 13
Hi jo, I'm not seeing anything in the HPT are you and DH trying now?

I have a fabulous example of the lines these tests can give you when they aren't detecting hCG. I took this yesterday at between 4-5dpo, although I believe I was 5dpo taking into account all other signs and previous charts. At 5dpo, as far as I'm aware there isn't any way I would see a genuine positive test as there wouldn't be time for a fertilised egg to travel and implant, and for my kidneys to filter out hCG into my urine for a test to detect.

By the way, these are the same One Step ICs as those you are using, but are the wide strip tests so there isn't any difference except the width

Attachments

• IMG_2121.jpg
    IMG_2121.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2123.jpg
    IMG_2123.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2122.jpg
    IMG_2122.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 5
Yeah i did see your thread last cycle the first one u did was very convincing! I only see it on the greyscale here. What made u test lol? See i always think if u can get a very very faint but real line at 6dpo surely there would be a very very very faint line at 5dpo :shrug:
Btw where are u getting the wide ones from? I want some but cant find them!

No wait i do see it on the normal one too lol. You kno im not reading anything into it anyway.

I don't quite understand why I got such a line before as it was different to these but I'm used to seeing these lines I posted here.
At 6dpo it would be highly unlikely to see anything real, so I don't buy it for a second. At 7dpo, it's possible, but more likely later on. If there was a faint positive at 7dpo then I don't think you would see anything even only a day before because anything in the urine probably wouldn't meet the minimum threshold of the tests to turn them positive. As much as there would be a faint line super early, there also has to be a too early to show anything.

I buy them from Amazon, if you search 'One Step wide strip pregnancy test' you should find them

I don't quite understand why I got such a line before as it was different to these but I'm used to seeing these lines I posted here.
At 6dpo it would be highly unlikely to see anything real, so I don't buy it for a second. At 7dpo, it's possible, but more likely later on. If there was a faint positive at 7dpo then I don't think you would see anything even only a day before because anything in the urine probably wouldn't meet the minimum threshold of the tests to turn them positive. As much as there would be a faint line super early, there also has to be a too early to show anything.

I buy them from Amazon, if you search 'One Step wide strip pregnancy test' you should find them

I agree. I think if u test like a mad woman every day several times a day continuously, you're bound to see some tests with some sort of line. This is especially true if we dissect and examine them and let them sit hours on end...

I agree. I think if u test like a mad woman every day several times a day continuously, you're bound to see some tests with some sort of line. This is especially true if we dissect and examine them and let them sit hours on end...

True! I have used plenty of them and done all that and seen it for myself. They don't bother me these days because I know to expect this from them, even if it isn't particularly early as such, but usually the false lines disappear after a while. Occasionally they don't, but mostly they do.
The difference between these types of lines and true positives are vast and usually quite easy to tell the difference between after a while of seeing them. Occasionally they can give much more convincing lines, but usually they are pretty uniform

I've read that a positive OPK can turn an HPT positive - so either if you dip them in the same wee or if the two tests touch a false positive can happen.

I have tried this out, a while back. I got an obvious pink line on the hpt when laid next to, touching the OPK, although the OPK wasn't positive. I have tried dipping hpt in the same sample after an OPK but this didn't turn the hpt positive. I don't know if they have done before for some though, I think they have otherwise people wouldn't think it? So perhaps for this to happen the OPK should be positive? I don't know

I cant imagine much of whatever it is leeching out of the opk into the pee tho when its sucking 'up' so to speak

Just incase theres any lurkers following heres my most recent tests

Attachments

• 20170604_082211.jpg
    20170604_082211.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 2017-06-04 08.39.43.jpg
    2017-06-04 08.39.43.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 2017-06-04 09.38.45.jpg
    2017-06-04 09.38.45.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 22
Thanks Hopeful! I posted other pics on my most recent thread.. the one step i did this am is obvious irl now its dry. It actually makes sense this time cos im seeing a better line/maybe slight progression on the one steps rather than the green which makes sense as they are more sensitive supposedly.

I really hope it turns into something for you!!!

I see something on the first of those tests!! Hope its the start of your BFP xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->