FALL 2017 Rainbows~ 7 Rainbows born!

Oh fit mama I'm so so so sorry to hear this. Your rainbow baby is coming, it just needs a bit more time. :hugs:

Med- that is very stressful to find out, but like you said, the results could be inaccurate. Keep thinking positive, and no matter what you will have a beautiful baby.

I talked with my principal today about leaving for mat leave and he confirmed that I can work for the preparation week in August before kids come back to school, then go on my mat leave after that. So that means I still get my full time salary all summer, then I just go on maternity pay 8 weeks before I'm due, and I could keep getting maternity pay all the way until then end of summer 2018! Essentially, I get a 14 month mat leave, with just one week of work at the end of August. I'm so happy!

So sorry Fit 😢

Yes I'd like to be added to the front page. I can't wait to find out the gender!

I'm so sorry fit mama. I so hoped your baby was ok. I'm thinking of you.

I saw my hematologist today. I have a blood disorder where basically my bone marrow makes small, abnormally shaped red cells. Normally I'm slightly anemic but no big deal. Iron doesn't help in this disorder because my iron is normal and my cells don't use it well. In pregnancy this causes some issues though. Normal hemoglobin is 12 and higher. With my first pregnancy I got a blood transfusion at 22ish weeks when hemoglobin was down to 8.5. Well today I saw my hematologist and it's already down to 10.3...preparing myself that this will be a rougher pregnancy with this issue. Also concerned as I have the anti-kell antibody. It *shouldnt* cause an issue but my titer (level) is extremely high. In addition to genetic testing in 2 weeks I'll start regularly seeing the MFM. I will be getting blood draws every 1-2 weeks and then getting a transfusion when it's too low. I feel like it's a lot to concern myself with when I still don't even have tons of faith I'll make it out of first tri :cry: I also started weaning my progesterone today. I think I've decided to wean to one suppository at night for a week then do every other night. My OB said cold turkey but I'm so anxious I think this will be better for my mental health.

O fit mama, I'm just so sorry!!! :sad2: I'm here for you as you need!!! :hugs:

Med what were your numbers? Do you have a pic of your scan? What did they not like about it? Just the nuchal measurement or something else? Like the others have said there are so many positive stories of the nuchal being inaccurate... My sister is also one of them, she had a 1:3 ratio of downs and that was after all tests results were in and she was only 24 with no family history or any reason for such a high risk factor. The Drs were so convinced the baby had downs even talking to her about termination But our family doesn't believe in that so she just accepted that she had downs, at the 20 weeks scan they found no markers of it and my niece was born completely healthy. There wasn't a dry eye in the room even her Dr cried tears of joy and amazement!! She also chose not to have amnio or chorio tests done due to risks! Anyway very happy story with such a high risk. And we read so many more during her pregnancy when just looking for hope!!!

Pink that's an amazing story with your sister <3

Mediterranean I've personally known quite a few women who got high markers for downs and then their babies were born perfectly fine. The tests aren't 100%, and that's what you have to hold on to :hugs: I hope your results come back quickly! Will be praying for you!

TTC that's so stressful! I've been thru a transfusion, not fun. I'm glad they will be monitoring you closely! Not much longer and you'll be out of first tri:hugs: good luck with weaning, that's an awesome milestone to reach :hapoydance: totally understand taking it slow, better for your sanity:flower:

Dana I added you :thumbup: when will you be finding out gender?

MissYogi so glad your mat leave is working out for you! Thats an awesome thing to be looking forward to:)

Fitmama thinking of you :hugs:

I'm so sorry for your loss Fitmama. I hope you enjoyed your wine and sushi but I know this is a tough road. As all the ladies said, we're here for you if you need us.

My appointment went great. They did a quad test and listened to the heartbeat. Hopefully I'll have the results from the blood work tomorrow. Everything is looking good so far. Only one more week until I'm further along than when we lost our last little boy. I am so ready to get past that milestone. Good news is the doctor said he likes these short visits so he schedule my anatomy scan for May 2nd.:happydance:

Pink thanks for sharing your sisters story. That's amazing!!! I bet it was an very emotional day! My nuchal scan was ok. It was my bloodwork that showed some high and low markers. Some others were normal. My ratio was 1:9 but again that was only after the first part of the testing.
Thanks for all of the well wishes ladies :). I know this is common but no one wants to hear bad news. I have faith everything will be ok.

Dana will you be doing a private gender scan or finding out at your anatomy scan?

Mediterranean Keeping you in my prayers :hugs: If you decide to do a gender reveal do you know what kind you want to do? So many neat ideas out there....

Ashaford glad to hear your appointment went well! Passing that milestone will be such a relief, I know it was for me :hugs: Here they don't do anatomy scans until 20+ weeks! Lucky!! :haha:

I've felt some flutters but no definite "big" movements. really looking forward to that because I think it will help me relax....this stage is so weird when there aren't many symptoms but you don't feel a lot of movement yet either. :wacko:

I'm gonna wait for the anatomy scan.
Do you guys sometimes hear bubble sounds with your dopplers? It's the baby moving right? Sometimes I just hear bubbles but can't find the heartbeat. When that happens I feel it's over and I imagined the heartbeat the other times. It's so hard to be pregnant after losses. I just hit 13 weeks today and I still don't feel safe, I'm still refusing to tell people. I wish this fear would go away. &#128542; I've got a bag full of brand new maternity clothes that I'm afraid to take the tags off of. Also I'm not showing at all, due to the terrible ms that's been plaguing me since week 5. I feel like this baby is doomed even though my doc said everything was good so far. Sorry for the rant, it's been a bad day today lol

I think we all kind of feel that way :hugs: I've passed my 15 week milestone and still don't feel like everything is okay. Just keep taking it one day at a time <3 you're almost to 2nd tri :happydance:

Happy 14 weeks sunshine! Yay for 2nd tri :happydance:

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

For some reason my OB office scheduled me as a walk in tomorrow which makes no sense. And I'll be sitting there forever. I'm just going to go in and ask them to schedule my 20 week appointment. At this point I don't care if it's with a different Dr.

I'm sorry you had a rough day, Dana. I know we have all been there. I am slowly but surely starting to get more confident in this pregnancy. Just hit 16 weeks on Saturday. I went into labor at 16w4d last year so I Wednesday will be a big milestone for me. I almost forgot about it because I've just been so busy. Keep your head up. And at 13 weeks I did hear bubbles and wooshing sounds. Doc said it was kicking and the baby moving around.

Good luck at your appointment Still!

Our gender reveal this weekend was perfect. We used fireworks to announce the big surprise. I will try to post pictures soon. I hope everyone has a good week!

Ashaford your gender reveal sounds so exciting! Happy 16 weeks, those milestones are hard to pass I know :hugs: I hope this week passes quickly for you <3

The hospital called me this morning, also confused as to why they had scheduled me for today lol rescheduled for May.

Hope everyone has a lovely day, even if it is a Monday lol

Saw my regular Ob today and she did a quick ultrasound, it was a super old machine, I mean the plastic was turning very yellow and the screen was buzzing loudly like one of those old box tv's:rofl: anyway baby is doing great measuring around 12+3 And was playing with its toes and waving and kept turning towards us! It was adorable but very grainy quality and no nub shot as the quality was so bad but it's ok because we are team yellow anyway! My nuchal scan is one week from today and will be on an awesome machine, so we can see better detail! Also found out I have an anterior placenta and that right now it's laying over my c-section scar, which is kind of scary because it increases my risks of placenta accreta! However it can move up as the uterus grows and move off the scar, we just have to wait and see and we will get a better view next week with the better machine!! I really hope it moves off my scar or at the very least doesn't attach to or grow into my scar or I can't attempt my vba2c! That would be incredibly disappointing!! Just thankful baby is ok and bouncing around in there!
No symptoms at all for me except exhaustion but I'm chasing around 2 toddlers all day! The lack of nausea this time around could also be a reason I'm already up 6 lbs :shock: :haha:

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1493141688717.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1493141688717.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 1
Oh Pink that is great you got an extra scan. Sorry about the placenta positioning right now. Mine was close to my cervix with my son but it moved up and I had him naturally. I hope you get your vbac :)

So my drs office called me this morning at 8:30 and told me my NIPT results were in and I'm low risk!!! I was soooo relieved! &#128514;The gender also came back so I went to the library and the librarian went into my email but the office hadn't sent it yet :(. She was disappointed lol. I think we're going to do a gender reveal party with a cake iced inside with pink or blue. I picked up the decor today &#128586;

So glad to hear that med! how exciting for the gender reveal!!!!! :)

So happy you got to see your little one, Pink. I'm so excited you get to go back next week with a better machine. :)

Congrats, Med! Such good news! We did a quad screen last week and were so nervous. All the results came back normal! Good luck planning your gender reveal. We just had ours and it was so much fun! We did a blue velvet cake and cream cheese icing. It was super yummy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->