FALL 2017 Rainbows~ 7 Rainbows born!

Welcome to the new ladies! Sorry for your losses and I'm hoping for your good luck this time around!

Today I got a call from the midwife and I'm back in! I was nervous because it's tough to get a midwife here and I definitely need a midwife if I want to do a home birth. Unfortunately it's made my anxiety even worse because last time I started bleeding the same day that I got a call from the midwife. I know it's just stupid superstition, but I'm just still so nervous. I had a few sharp pains in my uterus low down and it really freaked me out, I was so nervous to check my undies. But no blood! Hooray!

Missyogi yay for tickers! Glad you got in with your mw. It's not crazy to feel afraid because of similar circumstances. . I had a MC at 8 weeks in 2013 so this whole week I'm on edge! Are home births common where you are?

Where is everyone from? I'm in Canada. I went with midwives for my son but they don't schedule an appt until your 10 weeks and I didn't want to wait that long for bloodwork and my first ultrasound this time so I called an OB this time and she wanted to see me ASAP and to get my u/s and bloodwork before my appt. I see her on the 28th. The rule here is they won't tell you anything at the u/s unless you are 12 weeks but the tech showed me my son at 10 weeks and the last one told me the baby measured six weeks and no heartbeat last time.

I told my family right away with every pregnancy but the last two I told them I w

Sorry my keyboard froze so part 2.....

I told my family I was then lost it, then was again then lost it so I don't want to m this time. I know the support is nice but I feel like it's such a roller coaster and full of disappointment each time I have to tell them bad news and I'm afraid to tell anyone.

MissYogi, I completely understand your superstition. Each day is a baby step and one step closer to our babies. When is your appt?

I understand wanting to wait a bit so you can feel more comfortable with announcing. How far along are you?

I'm in southern California in the US.

Stillpraying- they aren't necessarily common, but certainly not unheard of. Amongst my crunchy mama, yogi friends it's sort of the norm, although I think the percentage is still something like 5% overall here.

Mediterranean- I am also in Canada! I live in Alberta, what province do you live in? Luckily my midwife is really understanding and she said they can try to get me in for an early ultrasound just after 7 weeks, so I'll hopefully get an appointment with her at 7 weeks, then an ultrasound shortly after. I totally get the not wanting to tell anybody. I've found that this whole thing is so unique to every person and to every moment even for the same person. Last time I definitely wasn't going to tell anyone, this time I knew I needed to, but if it doesn't work out I don't know if I'd tell them early next time.

Update on my end- still no blood! Hooray! It's like a mini celebration every time I go to the bathroom. And I feel a bit nauseous! Yay!

Missyogi yay for no bleeding I'm there with ya lol home birth is pretty uncommon here, like less than 8% in the whole country :shock: which is really too bad. The main reason is most insurance won't cover it. :( which is also odd since it would be way cheaper than a hospital birth. :shrug:
I'm nauseous also, I've been throwing up this evening:nope: not fun but I'll take it lol

Due to being at the rpl clinic im quite lucky to have had so many scans.

5 weeks 3 days (dated) was literally just gestational sac. If any of you ladies get an early scan and only see this then know it can be completely normal!

7 weeks 3 days (dated) was fetal pole with a heartbeat! It doesnt look like much on the screen but that little flicker is so reassuring to see.

10 weeks 4 days (measured ahead 3 days) baby had arms, legs, a profile. Everything. He or she was moving around which was surreal.

12 weeks 2 days (measured ahead 5 days so EDD was bought forward) pretty much the same as previous scan but so much more growth and clearer body parts!

At what was at the time approx 12dpo we got our bfp, I had only the day before been to my gp with intense womb pain. I thought the mc not even 4 weeks previous had given me a womb infection. She booked me for a smear for 4 days later. That night had the most vivid dream about taking hpt with bfp. So much so that I felt for my own sanity that I should test, fully expecting bfn as we werent trying yet. Just enjoying each others company. Losses had us feeling emotionally distant. Low and behold 'Pregnant 1-2" came up and instead of excitement it was pure fear! "Here we go again." I said to my fiance as I showed him the test whilst my whole body physically shook from fear. I called the EPU who said to come for bloods. I then started our new protocol from consultant of taking 400mg cyclogest daily, baby aspirin and folic acid. (If any of you start this protocol - please dont be alarmed by bad cramps. Wow they hurt me, to the point of thinking AF was going to show any minute. Progesterone side effects are awful)

HCG at what was thought to be 12dpo was only 16. They told me they werent sure if I was even pregnant and not to get too excited. So instead of a 48hr next test they said to redo a hpt a week later and then call them back to arrange more bloods if it was still positive. A week later I tested at home and got "Pregnant 2-3" so went back for bloods. So what was thought to be 19dpo my HCG has risen to 739! :happydance:

Symptoms never kicked in until 6 weeks and left around 8 and a half weeks. Nausea like I had never experienced in my life! Headaches were pretty awful and I couldnt for the life of me stay awake!!

And I applaud you if you read all that! I hope you ladies are feeling well xx

Attachments

• 2017-02-09_19.01.06.jpg
    2017-02-09_19.01.06.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 3
Mediterranean - I'm in Ontario. I'd like to go with a midwife but I have a great OB and he was so understanding last time. I also have major anxiety with all things medical so we ended up going the c section route, which I requested. So I'll be staying with him, which I'm happy for...but I also love the thought of midwives.

Still praying - YAY for being sick lol. Hope you have an easier day today though!

My_story - I'm so glad this pg seems to be off to a strong start for you, it sounds like things will progress successfully. I'm sure you'll get your take home baby. Lovely.

Afm - I got pregnant after 2 months of trying on December 31. I had faint tests, then dark, then faint again. I was pretty sure it was a chemical. Anyways I stopped the progesterone after confirming hcg was dropping, and started to mc 3 days later. I ovulated 2 weeks after that, but not sure what day exactly - we just dtd all week. Then 2 weeks later, I got a bfp. So I didn't have a cycle between mc and bfp, which my OB suggested I do. I'm nervous to tell him but I'm hoping he forgot that advice lol.

Anyways, I'm 5w3d today and hopefully getting in to a walk in clinic today, yesterday's appointment was a bust and we ended up leaving so I'll try somewhere else today! :)

MissYogi I'm in Ontario.

Stillpraying I'm glad you were nauseous again last night lol. Well, you know what I mean :)

My story, thanks for sharing your u/s info. I'm going tomorrow for my first scan (I'm terrified!). I'll be 7+4 tomorrow based on my LMP but I did OPK's for the first time ever so I know I didn't ovulate until day 21 so not sure if I'll be showing a week behind and what they'all be able to see. I'm praying everything will show ok this time.

Sunshine2014 do you have a family dr? I hope you get in at a walk-in today and get some paperwork for a scan and bloods. Did you have a c-section with your first?

Meditteranean, I do have a family dr but she takes forever to get an appointment with so I'm going to a walk in now actually. And I did have a c section with my first! Elective.

Sunshine, did you get in to see a Dr? I just had my bloodwork come back and I have low Rbc and hemoglobin so I'm a little anemic. My Hcg is at just over 51000 at 7+2

Have you others gotten your hcg levels tested? I think it's a lot more common in the states.

I did get in to the walk in clinic - I got 2 blood reqs, a referral to my OB and blood taken. I can call tomorrow for the results. I'm trying not to think about it, I'm so nervous waiting. I think it's more common in Canada actually, my DH is a Doctor in the states and he says he never gets hcg levels tested, unless there's a reason to (i.e. previous mcs) So who knows...

Mediterannean - GREAT hcg numbers! You must be so pleased. I'm also anemic so I've been taking iron for about a month! Not a fan...

Meditteranean I've heard a lot of women talk about getting bloods done. At my hospital they only do them if you've had a "threatened MC" or you are currently miscarrying to verify levels are going down. At least that's the only reasons I've ever had them. I was anemic with DD1, did they advise you to take an iron supplement?

Sunshine will you be having another C-section then? According to my OB and midwives, there isn't usually a medical reason to wait after a mc. They told me I could start as soon as I stopped bleeding, and that was after a 2nd trimester loss. I think it's more for dating purposes that they prefer you wait a cycle. Glad you got into the clinic today!

Mystory it sounds like you are progressing fantastically! Love the scans, isn't it amazing how quickly they develop? :cloud9: I am also on baby asprin and folic acid. Are you hoping for a specific gender?

AFM sick again today :happydance: lol and get this. I do NOT like McDonalds, I do NOT eat McDonalds. But damn it all if I was not hardcore craving McDonalds French fries? DH was like "NO DONT DO IT" but I caved (and he caught me and teased me :blush:) Oddly enough I felt way better after eating them lol

Sunshine that's grea you got in and got a referral. Do you know when your OB appt is yet? What was your bloodwork for? All ive ever had done in my past pregnancies was regular prenatal bloodwork to check Rbc, WBC, blood type, Std's etc.

Stillpraying my results didn't show my iron levels or b12 or folate levels which is weird considering my family dr ordered all of that last time. Because I just got the results online today my OB will probably get me on something or do follow up bloods next week when i see her.
How far along are you now? Macdonalds is good anytime lol. I haven't had any cravings yet but didn't really with my son either. That or I was really good at suppressing them hehehe

Mediterranean I thought with anemia they gave you iron, that's what they did for me anyways.

I'm not a mcdonalds fan so it was pretty weird that I wanted it lol I'm 8+2 today :)

Sunshine- that's interesting that you got bloods. I have found that generally my doctors haven't ordered bloods. When I was miscarrying last time my GP didn't want me to get any blood testing, I only got it done because my midwife was able to write a requisition. This time there has been absolutely no talk of any bloods so far.

Mediterranean- that sounds like a great hcg! Have you been feeling good?

Stillpraying- I've heard that if you crave salty foods like fries it's more likely to be a boy! What do you think?

Afm- I have been quite oddly nauseous all day, sort of like a burp that wants to come out. I don't think I'll throw up for a while but it does feel like throwing up would be easier to do than normal if I was to try if that makes any sense. Not that I'm trying! I took another test this morning (I am doing them every two days now) and the line was basically the same as the control! Loving the progression! And I feel like if I was going to lose it tomorrow like I did last time the line wouldn't be nearly that dark. Wish me luck with getting through 5+3 tomorrow!

Missyogi almost through it! Soon you'll be at 6 weeks:hugs: They took bloods during my prenatal registration but not for HCG.

My cravings are so all over the place, swinging from sweet to salty it's like I must be having b/g twins :haha:

Anyone have a chance of twins?

Stillpraying we are almost exactly a week apart. I'll probably be put on iron next week. I'm already taking a naturopathic tincture, prenatals 2x a day, CoQ10, omega and progesterone. What's another one lol.

MissYogi, you didn't have any prenatal bloodwork in the past to check your blood count, folate levels, or anything?
I'm feeling good! I don't feel really tired even with my anemia. Maybe the tincture helps??? I have no symptoms other than sore breasts still. No nausea or cravings. That's normal for me though. I'm terrified for tomorrow but I'll let you all know how my u/s goes. Fingers crossed and I'll take all the prayers I can get :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->