Fall in Love! September Testing Thread

Wow I love that so many of us can relate!
We’ve just got chicken, ducks, and a couple geese now. We used to also have quail and turkeys but got rid of those. Yup family can be a tough nut to crack but I suppose as long as they don’t disown you……
My family kind of fell apart a little a couple years back as me and one sibling became estranged (he actually is serving time now) and then my father died. I am still close to my other sibling but we lead different loves for sure! He’s a lawyer married to a NP and they each make six figures. Definitely not us lol; but I wouldn’t ever trade!

@HalfricanMa what dpo are you?? I’m seeing lines all over the place! Even the blue dye….

Agreed giggle, seems a bunch of us have many similarities! We had turkeys also but their poops were horse sized and just too stinky while i was pregnant last time. Lol
We raised sheep because we eat mutton and they were cheaper than cows. I’d love to get cows & sheep and have everyone follow me and the kids. Hahaha!! I loved moving the sheep.
I’m nearly 10 months pp, still breastfeeding, without a pp period yet. I have randomly taken opks which have gotten quite dark but i havent caught a positive, so idk if I even am dpo. Haha

I’m seeing lines too but that’s why i’m furious at these pregnancy test brands. I don’t think the lines are real. They seem like false positives and as if there’s no quality control on the tests now. I would be absolutely shocked to catch the first egg. Plus after my son was born, ppaf didnt start until about 18 months. I assumed after my second baby it would be the same amount of time before my fertility resumes. Idk. I see the lines and dont believe it.

Well if there’s one thing I’ve learned the hard way, it’s that every pregnancy and postpartum is different! I’ve never used wondfo so can’t comment but I see a line on that blue that looks like my first positive. That said, I didn’t believe it because I’ve seen Similar in the past and was negative. In fact I swore I’d never early test with them again. I only did this time because it was under my sink and I took it on a whim more or less to clear out stuff under the sink, not because I had any inkling whatsoever it’d be positive!

Anyway I vote test again tomorrow or the next day…but I’m a bad influence when it comes to testing :haha:

Hahaha! I dont find you a bad influence; I think it’s encouraging!! Thanks!
I’m anxious to test again. I’m undecided if i’ll use fmu or smu tomorrow. It seems which is sooner to show is yet another thing that varies with each lady. So many say the smu has done better results for them.

So your postpartums have been different from eachother? I was reasoning that my menstral cycles were very predictable so my pp would also follow suit. I guess time will tell!

Have you announced with your kids yet or waiting a little?

yup I say SMU! My theory is that overnight you're holding all the liquids from the previous day and it dilutes hcg. So SMU would have a higher concentration of hcg. In theory.

Oh yes absolutely ALL were different! To be honest I don't remember ds 1's delivery too well (that was over 12 years ago now); ds2 was extremely rough because I had a very traumatic birth (almost bled out), and it just took me forever to feel like myself again. Also with him I had postpartum hair loss starting about 3 months or so. It did eventually stop, but then it started falling out again with ds3 as soon as I got pregnant! I was bummed to be losing it again but it eventually stopped falling out, and I didn't lose more postpartum that time. With ds3 I had a much easier delivery and recovery.

ds1 -- partial emergency c section, rough but doable recovery; he was a high risk pregnancy so the pregnancy was stressful emotionally, but I felt amazing otherwise, up until the end when I got so swollen you could hardly recognize me. Didn't have any morning sickness, ever. Acid reflux though! I lived on Tums. He was born at 40+4, I was very over being pregnant by then lol
DS2 I did get nauseated a bunch, but felt ok otherwise. Pregnancy was mostly easy (other than usual aches at the end); none of the swelling like I had with ds1 -- but the birth was just awful. I tired a VBAC and was in back labor for 36 hours that ended up in an emergency c section. I had him at 39+4 I think? just before 40 weeks.
Ds3 my body tried to go into labor at 34 weeks. Other than that I felt pretty good, I just was not fond of the modified bedrest at the end there. I ended up going into labor at 38+2 and they went ahead and delivered him via semi-planned c-section and recovery was a billion times easier than the time before.

All three I got af back within the year I believe, but it wasn't the same time every time, but I think it was soon-ish. I had to supplement my BF'ing because my boobs are underpreformers for all three, so nothing to keep AF at bay for very long, though I tried!

Yay for bfps already!! It’s nice to have a thread to keep up on…it’s been so quiet on here! Hopefully we gets lots more bfps so we can have an active pregnancy group. Lol
On the age talk, I totally think it’s acceptable to want and ttc for as long as each person wants to. I know people who have had one or two very young and stop, but I’ve also seen lots of women in their 40s having babies! I just turned 37 and still want one more.

Agreed giggle, seems a bunch of us have many similarities! We had turkeys also but their poops were horse sized and just too stinky while i was pregnant last time. Lol
We raised sheep because we eat mutton and they were cheaper than cows. I’d love to get cows & sheep and have everyone follow me and the kids. Hahaha!! I loved moving the sheep.
I’m nearly 10 months pp, still breastfeeding, without a pp period yet. I have randomly taken opks which have gotten quite dark but i havent caught a positive, so idk if I even am dpo. Haha
I was really hoping for a Tom. We ended up with two female turkeys and they were both pretty annoying. They were just another mouth to feed. One went broody on our porch which was also annoying lol.
I went through a phase of really wanting a diary animal but we don't have enough open land for a cow or sheep, so I was seriously considering goats. Ultimately I realized it was too much responsibility on top of everything else, but maybe one day...

Maybe you’re right giggles, maybe my fertility returned sooner after baby2. My blood sugar drops kind of often and some times the sign is nausea, so i quickly eat stuff or take glucose tabs. I could have misunderstood what my body has been telling me.
I’ve been praying hard today that it’s truly positive tests. I would feel so ecstatic!

Maybe you’re right giggles, maybe my fertility returned sooner after baby2. My blood sugar drops kind of often and some times the sign is nausea, so i quickly eat stuff or take glucose tabs. I could have misunderstood what my body has been telling me.
I’ve been praying hard today that it’s truly positive tests. I would feel so ecstatic!
Sorry still a silent reader of these testing groups. But I'm sorry if I scare you in any form of way or panic you but I was told by my gp and some midwives that because I was ebf and hadn't had a pp period I wouldn't fall pregnant well they need to go back and train a little bit more on it because I fell pregnant back in December while still ebf my 7 month old daughter and sat here with little man doing a night feed at 2 weeks old he is the most precious surprise but it's a myth in my book lol x

Yup, my SIL also has two close together because she believed in the breastfeeding as birth control myth. They’re about 17 months apart.

Hi @Pinkfizz2015! I remember you. Nice to hear from you again.
Your story doesnt scare me, it actually gives me hope. I’ve been trying to increase my calories plus a prenatal hoping to induce my cycle. Fingers crossed we caught the first eggy like you did!

Yup, my SIL also has two close together because she believed in the breastfeeding as birth control myth. They’re about 17 months apart.
Yay! This makes me feel much more hopeful. I thought it was very, very seldom that a lady ovulates and catches that first egg before ever getting a first pp af.
Sounds like perhaps it happens more than i assumed.

After conceiving 2 babies on fertility treatments, I got pregnant with my 3rd naturally while breastfeeding. I had a few cycles, but it was very sporadic. I panicked when I found out because I hadn’t had af in months and thought I could be far along. I was only 6ish weeks. You never know!

Hi @Pinkfizz2015! I remember you. Nice to hear from you again.
Your story doesnt scare me, it actually gives me hope. I’ve been trying to increase my calories plus a prenatal hoping to induce my cycle. Fingers crossed we caught the first eggy like you did!
Aw that's great news then I wish you all luck in the world and sending you all loads of baby dust. I would imagine all that your doing would boost your chances I would also think if bubs is on solids that would cut some feeds and boost your chances even more x

Aww I love that you are hopeful!
I am so excited to see everyone’s tests!

Any symptoms yet ladies?

Afm, nothing at all!

Seems the faint lines yesterday were just errors. Im disappointed but realizing I’ll probably try harder to regain my fertility now. I read higher calories while breastfeeding could kickstart the cycle. I’m not good at eating enough, so i’ll be more intentional on that front. Now I see that we want another child before hubby and I are too old.

IMG_4104.jpeg

IMG_4101.jpeg

@HalfricanMa oh no so sorry you’re not getting lines :( It’s so disappointing to get excited then come down like that.

@gigglebox yeah we also moved from the city to the (deep) country… we bought land on the island of Hawai’i… my parents are horrified *shocker* but we love it. Well, the kids don’t love it yet. But I hope they will soon. It’s been the worst for my preteen and 8-year-old… they are just miserable and want to go back to Oregon 24/7 :(

AFM, I actually won’t test this month I’m realizing… I would test the first week in October. So you can take me off the list but I’ll keep stalking everyone :)

Holy moly @gigglebox congrats! wonder if hubby truly only makes Y still :haha:
@thencomesbebe I can’t believe you’ve transferred!!!! I have everything crossed for you. Absolutely everything
Best of luck as always ladies :dust:

@Momof2onetube !! How are ya?? I remember you all the way back from 2011-2012 babies. Are you just lurking or thinking of #5?

@MrsKatie yikes that's rough when not everyone is on board, especially the kids :( how long have you been there? And what is it they hate so much? I can see how it would be a huge adjustment from OR though. Hopefully they do warm up to it (no pun intended) and find things to enjoy there.

@HalfricanMa so sorry to see these, I really thought I saw lines on the last tests! That is good to know that this has solidified your decision and set you in a certain direction though, plus allows you that extra time to prep your body. Personally I was on a weight loss/strength training journey before the test so I'm happy I had already started trying to get my body in better physical shape. I was however slacking on my vitamins :( so hoping that won't matter since I started again as soon as I found out. I was just taking a multi-vitamin but just got my prenatals in the mail today. I just hope and pray all will be fine and that will be ok!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->