Fall is here...now to plant my little pumpkin seed!!!

Prayingforno1 Sorry to hear AF was rough on you, that's one of the worst things about medicated cycles I think.

Beaglemom Walking is a great idea, and is definitely going to help! And what a great beta :D
I second your suggestion on the free amazon kindle app. I use it on my tablet or pc and have only loaded books for free. ( You can just search for free kindle books.) Best deal ever!

floridasian Yes, you are correct, close monitoring. The doctor even said they have more cycles cancelled than people would like, but that it happens.

I think the meeting with the doctor went ok.

She wanted us to try Femara itself for at least one cycle before moving on to combo/injectable cycles. We will do a trigger shot and do ultrasound monitoring.
So, this cycle I have a 40% chance at a 10% chance of pregnancy. Woohoo. I think. :wacko: Not gonna lie, I'm not at all hopeful for success. The only thing I CAN be hopeful for is that it induces ovulation.
IF Femara alone induces good ovulation, we will try it alone for a couple cycles, and since husband's sperm is good we are not bothering with IUI. She said IUI in our situation would only add about a 3% increase in chance of conception.
If Femara doesn't get a response, then next cycle she would go back to 150mg Clomid + injectables.

The rational side of me is ok with giving the femara at least one month's chance before moving on to heavy guns, but I'm scared that I'll be in the 60% of women that don't respond to it either. Guess we'll see.

So as I might have mentioned previously, hubby and I tried a few times to buy a treadmill, and the short version of that story is we couldn't find a decent one at the price we could pay. We've been waiting and hoping for one to show up, and then today we stumbled on the Weslo Cadence on Amazon for $287. For the price it's a great deal, a 2.25hp motor (great size), quiet, quality company etc.
It's more than we were originally wanting to pay, but the spouse and I are more than convinced that exercise is the missing piece in this puzzle. The doctor also reiterated this, and that if I can get insulin levels lower I have a better chance of response.
It's all those hormones! ugh! PCOS just makes them go insane. So, I'm excited about getting some exercise in and maybe seeing some weight go down too. :)

Btw, AF is REALLY taking her time. :coffee: This is the evening of the fifth day since stopping progesterone, and I've just barely seen some spotting. Hopefully tomorrow she'll show up. I want to get on with the baseline scan and pointless hcg blood test!
Then on to femara 2.5mg cd 3-7!

Baseline ultrasound today and everything looked clear. Nurse said I was doing 5mg Femara, so apparently that changed between Monday and today. Looking forward to getting started and see how it goes.

Minuet - GL...tons of women who respond poorly to clomid respond great on femara. There is a couple on Youtube...Jared & Ellie. She tried clomid & no results except horrible side effects. Finally went to FS & found out she was PCOS. They were planning to do IUI. She did femara. It had to be adjusted & she was on it a little longer than expected. But they tracked her growth. They actually missed her O!!! But they had been having sex & she got pregnant. First cycle on clomid...I think 3-4 years trying. Now she is pregnant with #2. She still had irregular cycles & got a surprise pregnancy when her first was just 9 months old. I don't like watching them much know...they started doing daily vlogs & just feels like they are trying too hard. But their early vlogs were great & very inspiring. I suggest you look them up & search for their fertility journey videos.

Update for me...beta was 631 yesterday! Scan set for the 27th.

Oh Beagle I watched their videos on you tube as well didn't realize they were still posting. I wathced up to the point where they were no longer going to the RE but back to their gyno. The videos give you an intimate look into their ttc journey and the struggles/emotions we can all relate to. I will look them up as well when I get home to get an update on them.

Your Beta sounds awesome!!! H&H 9 months

Oh Beagle I watched their videos on you tube as well didn't realize they were still posting. I wathced up to the point where they were no longer going to the RE but back to their gyno. The videos give you an intimate look into their ttc journey and the struggles/emotions we can all relate to. I will look them up as well when I get home to get an update on them.

Your Beta sounds awesome!!! H&H 9 months

I was watchigng Daily Bumps & Jared & Ellie. But they just started feeling so fake. They have over100K subscribers so quit work & now only do YouTube. So sometimes it feels forced.

But I watch Katie & Cullen. They are so fun & awesome. They are daily but it doesn't feel forced or fake. Another good channel is Baby League. Cullen posts there as well. I also follow a lesbian couple doing IVF called Living Rosa. Sometimes you just get caught up in Youtube lives!

Ooooo more vids for me to check out thanks Beagle. Wow they are doing the vids full time now wow they must be making big bucks. I remember stumbling across their vids on a day i was down in the dumps last year and they were inspirational (this was when they were ttc #1) I wrote them an email thanking them for sharing their journey but I don't think I ever received a response :(

Good luck minuet!! Hope Femara works better for you!!!

Praying - you're in good hands with the IVF ladies!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->