Fall is here...now to plant my little pumpkin seed!!!

So bit of a bummed night for me DH older sister called me saying she wanted to talk but don't say anything to DH. Anywho she shares that their 18 year old sister who just graduated one of the top in her class in June is pregnant. Their mother is deceased and father not around so DH and sister in law took over parenting roles. When she said it a numb feeling came over me. She will be telling DH today and I know he will flip out. Sighhh

I know that is not an easy situation to deal with on so many levels. Her being so young & now this new responsibility. And then putting that on top of your own TTC feelings. Try not to dwell on it. And remember she needs a lot of support from family right now.

Yip totally agree can't do anything about it now so we just have to move forward. They told DH already and he didnt have much to say just disappointed.

Praying - I know IVF is a big step and a scary commitment (money-wise) but it'll probably be your best bet for a THB. If this pregnancy doesn't work out I'm definitely moving into IVF.

Good luck with your test tomorrow though. Maybe you'll get a surprise? :)

Praying - I know IVF is a big step and a scary commitment (money-wise) but it'll probably be your best bet for a THB. If this pregnancy doesn't work out I'm definitely moving into IVF.

Good luck with your test tomorrow though. Maybe you'll get a surprise? :)

Thanks Florida. I am sure you will have a H&H 9 months with your twins :)

Yes IVF is a huge step but after being on this infertility rollercoaster we are mentally prepared and will hopefully be expecting our little one Jan 2016 (yes I already checked what my due date would be lol) Have you made the announcement to your family yet or are you waiting until you are further along? THey will be so excited you are having twins :)

So exciting beagle!! Can't wait for the results of beta!! And to find out what the bean or beans are? Boy or girl? Or both?!
I am not going to lie..I am so sad I am losing you and Floridasian as a TTC buddies. So selfish of me but I am. You both have been so great and helpful. Truely happy for you!

And ordered a yoga dvd today off of Amazon for $12 called Bend, breath, and concieve. Figured it can't hurt plus I am so NOT flexible DH even pokes fun of me at times. Haven't made it to get royal jelly yet because I came down with the flu last night so I am feeling pretty crappy. And doesn't help that the nurse today asked me if I was on the shot. And I laughed and said no. Wish I could say that's the reason for no BFP. And of course they always ask are you pregnant? Are you sure your not pregnant? And when I am sick I am super emotional and whiny so please for give me lol
Also, my good friend recommend a PCOS cook book to me. It's called the natural diet for pcos and infertility by Nancy dunne. Going to pick that up some time soon too. Because if this last stich effort IUI doesn't work then going to try naturally until IVF.

misaacs117-that sounds like a good plan. I hope you feel better hun

Well the wicked :witch: arrived this morning. Strangely enough I am not sad at all because I think I know this wouldn't work given what we are working with (endo & poor SA). So my plan is to get in shape and eat healthier while we try naturally waiting on IVF.

I am just having the single boy (unless he decides to split). I already know because I had the PGS testing.

But it will be exciting to find out what floridasian has baking!

Beagle
Did they only implant one egg? I was thinking you did one of each. But exciting that you already know. When are you going for beta?

No I haven't announced to family yet. I want to wait until at least after the next ultrasound on 2/16. These will be the first grandchildren for both mine and DH's parents so yes they will be super excited, especially because NO ONE has a clue that we were TTC. They will probably scream, cry, or even faint. I almost want to wait until I can tell them in person so we can record their reactions on camera!

Good luck with the fertility yoga, Michelle! I'm sure it'll be good for you one way or the other.

Sorry about AF, Praying! But I'm so glad you decided to do IVF. Good things will come out of it I'm sure! :)

Yes we only did one. With PGS, the success rate is so high, for my age, they only do one. So I have another embryo waiting for next time (a girl!).

Floridasian, maybe you should do it on skype!

Havent been on in a while and come back to great news!!! Congrats on the twins florida!!!! And yay for your bfp beagle!!! When are your betas?

Havent been on in a while and come back to great news!!! Congrats on the twins florida!!!! And yay for your bfp beagle!!! When are your betas?

First one is on Monday. My tests are getting darker, so not too stressed about it. Feeling pretty good. My husband bought his first baby boy outfit on his own today. Everything he picks out says daddy or sports related. :)

Can't wait to hear your beta number, beaglemom!

Oh and I'm sure you already know about this but if you're testing more than once a day, don't ever compare an evening test to a FMU test. You'll drive yourself crazy that way. I only tested once a day with FMU under the same conditions (no getting up in the middle of the night to pee, drinking extra fluids the night before, etc.) I've seen too many women freaking themselves out when they see their evening test lighter than their morning's.

Can't wait to hear your beta number, beaglemom!

Oh and I'm sure you already know about this but if you're testing more than once a day, don't ever compare an evening test to a FMU test. You'll drive yourself crazy that way. I only tested once a day with FMU under the same conditions (no getting up in the middle of the night to pee, drinking extra fluids the night before, etc.) I've seen too many women freaking themselves out when they see their evening test lighter than their morning's.

Believe me, I have seen enough women freaking out as well. I test in the evening with a cheapo if I think about it. Last night I was not concerned because my pee was almost clear. The frer I am using in the morning. I have one evening test but it was from that first night to confirm the cheapo. Just odd to me the cheap ones are so light...but frer is def clear & dark. But it is odd since I got clear positives when testing out my trigger in previous months with cheapos. I am having spurts of intense cramping today...off & on. But trying not to think about it. I know it is normal. I am actually very shocked at how calm I am.

Beagles
So exciting that you still have one left. I remember you had two, one of each. And you are being super calm about it. I would have probably been freaking out and already had 2 betas done because I'm so paranoid. But it's different with you, you know you have a good bean in there.

Praying
I am so sorry AF came:( I really wish it would have worked! When was the last time you had surgery to clear out the endo?? Mine will be a year this April. But RE has put me on provera to stop periods therefore stopping the growth. DH and I aren't to hopeful anymore but since we already have the Meds we said why the hell not?! And I'm going to try acupuncture this time too. I read that it increases success rates last night.

I went to the health food store tonight and bought some supplements. I bought royal jelly 100% pure 1200mg a serving. So going to take that twice a day. I also got inositol powder which I'll start closer to IUI. It was on sale for a whole jar for $28 so I went ahead and bought it. I also purchased dietary iodine. Have read many women with PCOS have iodine deficiency. So a few drops a day in some water along with vitamin D and CoQ10.

Trying to start the supplements now so they are in my system really good before our next IUI.

I have some exciting news!
After talking with Dh and my father (I am very close with him and he knows all of our struggles) we want to do IVF instead of another IUI. We talked about finances and the greater odds of it working and decided that it would be a better option for us. My dad also brought up a good point of that way we wouldn't be in limbo all of the time. Which I agree with. I am like beagle "tired of being a crazy LTTTC lady and ready to be a crazy pregnant lady already" lol. I just don't know if I want to stick with my same RE (he has his own practice) or switch to a clinic because he doesn't test any hormone levels whenever we do IUI and I would want him to when we do IVF. I am really excited/scared!! Going to be making some calls tomorrow for more information but had to share our decision after our family talk. And we are also leaning towards PGS to make the odds greater.

I have some exciting news!
After talking with Dh and my father (I am very close with him and he knows all of our struggles) we want to do IVF instead of another IUI. We talked about finances and the greater odds of it working and decided that it would be a better option for us. My dad also brought up a good point of that way we wouldn't be in limbo all of the time. Which I agree with. I am like beagle "tired of being a crazy LTTTC lady and ready to be a crazy pregnant lady already" lol. I just don't know if I want to stick with my same RE (he has his own practice) or switch to a clinic because he doesn't test any hormone levels whenever we do IUI and I would want him to when we do IVF. I am really excited/scared!! Going to be making some calls tomorrow for more information but had to share our decision after our family talk. And we are also leaning towards PBS to make the odds greater.

Testing levels in iui is not protocol. But it is in ivf. If you like your Dr stick with him. IVF is a whole different process. I am sure he tests levels. Can't do ivf without it. There is also a site to look up clinic stats. On my phone so can't look it up.

I am so excited for you! I posted the ivf thread for praying. Feel free to drop in!

Good morning ladies, its been awhile since I posted but I have been checking in to see how you all are doing.

Beaglemom, so totally thrilled that you got a positive and have a sweet baby boy growing! I was so scared to check for your results, but IVF worked! Even my hubby is excited for you guys!

Floridasian, was shocked to hear you're having twins! A double blessing! Not gonna lie, knowing you did injectables and got twins makes me a bit nervous that could be my result to. My husband keeps telling me that we will have twin boys, lol.
What does your husband think you are going to have??

Misaacs and Praying, was so very sad to hear that the IUIs were bfns again. You both have had long roads through infertility and that is such a hard one to travel.
But wow, now you both are moving on to IVF, with beaglemom showing off its great success rate!
We will all be crazy pregnant ladies thus year,right? :) :)

Afm, waiting for AF to show up and boy is she slow. Today is fifth day after stopping progesterone, and finally saw a touch of spotting, so hopefully she's on her way.
Today we are meeting with the doctor and I'm anxious to see what she wants to do for the next couple cycles.

I went in for my blood work this morning. Even though my tests are still clearly positive, I am still nervous.

I told my mom & sister this weekend. I gave my mom a onesie. She thought it was for a dog. I texted a pic of an aunt onesie to my sister & she thought I was getting another dog. Also, their main concern was what I was going to do with my dogs. I do have 3 dogs. But I don’t really know their concern. My dogs are very well behaved & easy to deal with. I also had to explain all the infertility stuff to them. They didn’t even really know what IVF was when I said it. My mom jokingly referred to the baby as a “fake” baby. My sister asked why we had to do that. I told her about my husband. And she said oh okay…that makes sense…because none of the women in our family have an issues getting pregnant. Meaning we have a lot of “accidents” in my family. My older nephew seems super excited which I was shocked by. But I shouldn’t be. I was 14 when he was born & we lived in the same house for 5 years. So we are pretty close. I told them it was a boy & my mom went on about names. I told them we probably already had a name picked out. Then my mom guessed it! Sort of. She said she probably plans to name him after that guy Derek (then tries to work out the last name). So yes, the baby’s name will be Derek Cooper. Named after Derek Jeter & Cooperstown where the baseball hall of fame is. Afterwards I told my 2 friends who are very excited. My husband told his cousin. She is sworn to secrecy. My dad’s birthday was yesterday, so I wrote it in his card which he should get tomorrow.

We were trying to figure out how to announce it to people. So there was a groupon for personalized M&Ms. But after looking more, I found on www.personalizationmall.com personalized candy wrappers. They were made for baby showers, but you can make it however. So ours says Coming soon…Baby Boy October 2015. As soon as I get those, we will mail them to family. I will keep some & use them at work, but I am waiting a little while for that. It was only $20 for 24 wrappers. Then you just have to go out & buy the chocolate which is like $12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->