Family present budgets

I used to budget £15 per sibling and their partners, and we only received a present in return from 1, but we didn't care. £25-30 per parent.

It shouldn't matter how much you spend on them, just buy them something you know they will like, don't turn it into a competition. She doesn't need to know how much you've spent.

My eldest sisters buys things at whatever price if the child wants it, no matter the price; she's bought DD1 a DC super girl doll which was £9.96 on offer, yet spent £18 on another nephew. It doesn't bother me.

Oh yeah it totally wouldn't bother me either and I'd never want anyone to spend more than they could comfortably afford on me or ds, it's just annoying when we all agreed a budget and my sister has gone and spent a fair amount more than that on everyone. It's like, this is why we agree the stupid budget, so that no one feels their presents don't measure up etc. I'm not gonna stress about it anyway haha. Everyone kind of knows she turns present giving into a pissing contest 🙄

Oh yeah it totally wouldn't bother me either and I'd never want anyone to spend more than they could comfortably afford on me or ds, it's just annoying when we all agreed a budget and my sister has gone and spent a fair amount more than that on everyone. It's like, this is why we agree the stupid budget, so that no one feels their presents don't measure up etc. I'm not gonna stress about it anyway haha. Everyone kind of knows she turns present giving into a pissing contest 🙄

Pissing contest ha ha. Look at it selfishly, you're getting more spent on you/your children. I doubt they get that much joy from being smug over money.

Pissing contest ha ha. Look at it selfishly, you're getting more spent on you/your children. I doubt they get that much joy from being smug over money.

Very true :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->